CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: 6/29/2016  (Read 14211 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 6/29/2016
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2016, 10:53:21 AM »

Did somebody say pancakes?

Lessee, Tex will get a Willy when he retires and we can't keep track of Dean's women without a scorecard. Must be the Banter.

Morning, muchachos.
morning Raz and you other guys.
took yesterday off, took car to the shop where I bought it yesterday, something wrong
with the exhaust system.  hopefully it's not the catalytic converter.  Yesterday didn't work,
for leaving the car there, since wife was working till 10pm, nobody to pick me up and drop me off.
the good news, is I stopped at local electronics store and bought a new Frigidaire 6000 BTU air
conditioner.  The one for my daughters bedroom died Sunday evening.  was able to take the old one
out, and install the new one.  She's happy since this one has a remote control and a 12.8 EER.  Well
she's happy about the remote, I'm happy that it will cost less to run than the old one.
Took the car back to the shop this morning, signed blank work order, they have my number to call if
it's going to be scary expensive to fix.  Wife picked me up at Car dealers, and drove me to the train.
"Blank work order" must be like drugs to a dealership. Morning, flip.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2016, 10:56:11 AM »

Lessee, Tex will get a Willy when he retires and we can't keep track of Dean's women without a scorecard. Must be the Banter.

Morning, muchachos.

Any luck getting your cluster lined up?  ;)
Not yet. Had to spend last evening reassuring the Warden that I've done my homework on this real estate deal I'm doing. So we'll try tonight.

"I've got this."

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2016, 10:57:12 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
took yesterday off, took car to the shop where I bought it yesterday, something wrong
with the exhaust system.  hopefully it's not the catalytic converter.  Yesterday didn't work,
for leaving the car there, since wife was working till 10pm, nobody to pick me up and drop me off.
the good news, is I stopped at local electronics store and bought a new Frigidaire 6000 BTU air
conditioner.  The one for my daughters bedroom died Sunday evening.  was able to take the old one
out, and install the new one.  She's happy since this one has a remote control and a 12.8 EER.  Well
she's happy about the remote, I'm happy that it will cost less to run than the old one.
Took the car back to the shop this morning, signed blank work order, they have my number to call if
it's going to be scary expensive to fix.  Wife picked me up at Car dealers, and drove me to the train.
More like sex than drugs, I think. It's the automotive equivalent of a blonde walking into a frat party and shouting "I'm so drunk!"

Threebean

« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2016, 11:02:52 AM »

Morning men.

Threebean

« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2016, 11:05:24 AM »

@TxDave.  You ever go out in the South Congress area?  I was on the south side for a late afternoon meeting, and we ended up going to Güero's Taco Bar for dinner.  That area is nuts.  Even on a rainy Tuesday night it was busy and parking near impossible.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2016, 11:06:27 AM »

Morning men.

Morning, Bean.
How about you... you're bike all ready for the weekend, or is there a home improvement project on the agenda?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2016, 11:08:25 AM »

Morning men.

Morning, Bean.
How about you... you're bike all ready for the weekend, or is there a home improvement project on the agenda?
#CrownMolding4Life

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2016, 11:08:29 AM »

@TxDave.  You ever go out in the South Congress area?  I was on the south side for a late afternoon meeting, and we ended up going to Güero's Taco Bar for dinner.  That area is nuts.  Even on a rainy Tuesday night it was busy and parking near impossible.
A taco bar called Blondie's. I like it.

Threebean

« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2016, 11:11:22 AM »

Morning men.
Morning, Bean.
Morning Steve.  Definitely home improvement projects on the agenda. Sadly they are pushing the crown molding project out even further. A real shame.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2016, 11:13:31 AM »

LOL, I generally avoid anywhere south of the river as everything down there is a nightmare to deal with but I do go out that way to pick up guns at the FFL and will be doing that in about an hour.

Guess  you did not get the message before going that area is for bicycle Nazi's only!

Morning Bean.

Threebean

« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2016, 11:25:08 AM »

....you did not get the message before going that area is for bicycle Nazi's only!

Morning Bean.
No schitt.  The hippie dippies have driven the bubba's further south of the river.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2016, 11:39:07 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
More like sex than drugs, I think. It's the automotive equivalent of a blonde walking into a frat party and shouting "I'm so drunk!"
this place is well trusted, it's a used car dealership, that the family has been dealing with for years.
my sister Dina, purchased the owner's car twice( a Cordoba and a Charger, back in the late 70's).  last time I brought the car there, was when Lexus wanted somewhere north of $4,000 to fix it, and with my extended warranty it only cost me $150.  if the problem is exhaust manifold it's covered.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2016, 11:48:07 AM »

Happy late morning, guys.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2016, 11:50:31 AM »

Holy shit! It's the mayor!  Everybody run!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2016, 12:01:38 PM »

Glad you could wake up and join us Mayor!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13