« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2016, 10:17:41 AM »

OK, all caught up now.

@LTG: How's pops doing?
Better. We were over there last night, he's moving around well, albeit slowly. Gonna take a little bit to get back to his old self.
Did you ever say what exactly happened? Does he even remember the wreck?
He was turning left into a parking lot and some guy he did not see broadsided him. He never saw him, so he thinks the guy came speeding around another car. Guy refused a breathalyzer at the hospital and submitted to a blood test, so we'll see. Witness said both cars were going 30 mph, which would make them the first 2 cars on that road to go 30 mph. Also, anyone who saw my dad's car afterwards and thought the car that hit him was going 30 mph should have to submit to a breathalyzer themselves. He wound up facing the other direction smashed against a telelphone pole.
Wow. Crazy shit. Really glad he's OK. In fact, he's probably expected to be back to work next week.

« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2016, 10:19:39 AM »

Perdomo Champagne 10th Anniversary to start the day.
Really enjoyed the Perdomo Bourbon Barrel Aged Habano I picked up at the B&M on Tuesday.
Mowing the grass to start my day. :(
Pretty sure that's how my day will progress when I get home.
New schedule?
That's the rumor.
What is it? Obviously Saturdays are back to being a regular thing. What are your new days off?
Tues-Sat 630-3
No more 4 day 10s? WTF? Is this the first week?
Yep, first week. Miss having the extra day off and sucks having to work Saturdays, but at least I don't feel like absolute hell all week from being so tired. I did the math recently on what sleeping so little meant for the past year. Basically, I was awake for 2 weeks more last year than I normally would've been. That's nuts.
Glad you're looking at the bright side. So I take it you're not pissed about the new schedule? So then I won't be either.

« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2016, 10:24:24 AM »

OK, all caught up now.

@LTG: How's pops doing?
Better. We were over there last night, he's moving around well, albeit slowly. Gonna take a little bit to get back to his old self.
Did you ever say what exactly happened? Does he even remember the wreck?
He was turning left into a parking lot and some guy he did not see broadsided him. He never saw him, so he thinks the guy came speeding around another car. Guy refused a breathalyzer at the hospital and submitted to a blood test, so we'll see. Witness said both cars were going 30 mph, which would make them the first 2 cars on that road to go 30 mph. Also, anyone who saw my dad's car afterwards and thought the car that hit him was going 30 mph should have to submit to a breathalyzer themselves. He wound up facing the other direction smashed against a telelphone pole.
The craziest part is that he was meeting my mom, aunt and grandparents for dinner. He was at my grandparents house and left a few minutes before they did to go to the restaurant. They actually passed the accident as they were coming in and somehow didn't recognize his car or him lying on the ground, from when he got out of the car.
Some serious business there DaveDave.  Hope they nail the mofo!  Here's to returning to good health.
Thanks. It'll take some time, but he'll get there. Now he just has to figure out what new car he wants. Been hemming and hawing about it for months, now at least he'll be forced into a decision.

« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2016, 10:25:11 AM »

[...]
It has good points and bad points, but so far, the good seems to outweigh the bad. I still have 2 days off in a row, so I have sort of a weekend. Plus, I get to enjoy Mondays like Dean does. :)

« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2016, 10:25:41 AM »

[...]

He works from home a lot, so I'm sure he'll start there. Though, his office is downstairs, and he's not doing stairs anytime soon, so who knows. Lol

« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2016, 10:27:49 AM »

[...]
Though, when school starts up again and the wife has to pick the kids up instead of me and come home and rush out to work, that may make my life slightly more miserable. So we'll see.

« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2016, 10:31:57 AM »

[...]
You got a red head stashed away somewhere that needs her pavers laid?

« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2016, 10:42:44 AM »

[...]
LALTS

« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2016, 10:47:58 AM »

[...]
I love Mondays! EVERY day is Monday, except Sunday, that's just Sunday.

« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2016, 10:48:36 AM »

Work done and all cleaned up.

Best Seller Maduro just lit with a Diet Coke on the patio reading

« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2016, 10:49:07 AM »

[...]
or seeding her property.

« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2016, 10:49:26 AM »

[...]
GFY

« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2016, 10:52:29 AM »

Looks like we could get a needed shower.

« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2016, 10:54:55 AM »

@ DWG - The Page has some decent prices on Hemingway's and 8-5-8's

« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2016, 10:59:26 AM »

@ DWG - The Page has some decent prices on Hemingway's and 8-5-8's
I know. I just spent $202 there.