CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: 6/25/2016  (Read 8998 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 6/25/2016
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2016, 10:17:41 AM »

OK, all caught up now.

@LTG: How's pops doing?
Better. We were over there last night, he's moving around well, albeit slowly. Gonna take a little bit to get back to his old self.
Did you ever say what exactly happened? Does he even remember the wreck?
He was turning left into a parking lot and some guy he did not see broadsided him. He never saw him, so he thinks the guy came speeding around another car. Guy refused a breathalyzer at the hospital and submitted to a blood test, so we'll see. Witness said both cars were going 30 mph, which would make them the first 2 cars on that road to go 30 mph. Also, anyone who saw my dad's car afterwards and thought the car that hit him was going 30 mph should have to submit to a breathalyzer themselves. He wound up facing the other direction smashed against a telelphone pole.
Wow. Crazy shit. Really glad he's OK. In fact, he's probably expected to be back to work next week.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2016, 10:19:39 AM »

Perdomo Champagne 10th Anniversary to start the day.
Really enjoyed the Perdomo Bourbon Barrel Aged Habano I picked up at the B&M on Tuesday.
Mowing the grass to start my day. :(
Pretty sure that's how my day will progress when I get home.
New schedule?
That's the rumor.
What is it? Obviously Saturdays are back to being a regular thing. What are your new days off?
Tues-Sat 630-3
No more 4 day 10s? WTF? Is this the first week?
Yep, first week. Miss having the extra day off and sucks having to work Saturdays, but at least I don't feel like absolute hell all week from being so tired. I did the math recently on what sleeping so little meant for the past year. Basically, I was awake for 2 weeks more last year than I normally would've been. That's nuts.
Glad you're looking at the bright side. So I take it you're not pissed about the new schedule? So then I won't be either.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2016, 10:24:24 AM »

OK, all caught up now.

Better. We were over there last night, he's moving around well, albeit slowly. Gonna take a little bit to get back to his old self.
He was turning left into a parking lot and some guy he did not see broadsided him. He never saw him, so he thinks the guy came speeding around another car. Guy refused a breathalyzer at the hospital and submitted to a blood test, so we'll see. Witness said both cars were going 30 mph, which would make them the first 2 cars on that road to go 30 mph. Also, anyone who saw my dad's car afterwards and thought the car that hit him was going 30 mph should have to submit to a breathalyzer themselves. He wound up facing the other direction smashed against a telelphone pole.
The craziest part is that he was meeting my mom, aunt and grandparents for dinner. He was at my grandparents house and left a few minutes before they did to go to the restaurant. They actually passed the accident as they were coming in and somehow didn't recognize his car or him lying on the ground, from when he got out of the car.
Some serious business there DaveDave.  Hope they nail the mofo!  Here's to returning to good health.
Thanks. It'll take some time, but he'll get there. Now he just has to figure out what new car he wants. Been hemming and hawing about it for months, now at least he'll be forced into a decision.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2016, 10:25:11 AM »

Really enjoyed the Perdomo Bourbon Barrel Aged Habano I picked up at the B&M on Tuesday.
New schedule?
That's the rumor.
What is it? Obviously Saturdays are back to being a regular thing. What are your new days off?
Tues-Sat 630-3
Yep, first week. Miss having the extra day off and sucks having to work Saturdays, but at least I don't feel like absolute hell all week from being so tired. I did the math recently on what sleeping so little meant for the past year. Basically, I was awake for 2 weeks more last year than I normally would've been. That's nuts.
Glad you're looking at the bright side. So I take it you're not pissed about the new schedule? So then I won't be either.
It has good points and bad points, but so far, the good seems to outweigh the bad. I still have 2 days off in a row, so I have sort of a weekend. Plus, I get to enjoy Mondays like Dean does. :)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2016, 10:25:41 AM »

OK, all caught up now.

Wow. Crazy shit. Really glad he's OK. In fact, he's probably expected to be back to work next week.
He works from home a lot, so I'm sure he'll start there. Though, his office is downstairs, and he's not doing stairs anytime soon, so who knows. Lol

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2016, 10:27:49 AM »

New schedule?
That's the rumor.
Tues-Sat 630-3
It has good points and bad points, but so far, the good seems to outweigh the bad. I still have 2 days off in a row, so I have sort of a weekend. Plus, I get to enjoy Mondays like Dean does. :)
Though, when school starts up again and the wife has to pick the kids up instead of me and come home and rush out to work, that may make my life slightly more miserable. So we'll see.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2016, 10:31:57 AM »

New schedule?
That's the rumor.
Tues-Sat 630-3
You got a red head stashed away somewhere that needs her pavers laid?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2016, 10:42:44 AM »

New schedule?
That's the rumor.
Tues-Sat 630-3
LALTS

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2016, 10:47:58 AM »

New schedule?
That's the rumor.
Tues-Sat 630-3
I love Mondays! EVERY day is Monday, except Sunday, that's just Sunday.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2016, 10:48:36 AM »

Work done and all cleaned up.

Best Seller Maduro just lit with a Diet Coke on the patio reading

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2016, 10:49:07 AM »

New schedule?
That's the rumor.
Tues-Sat 630-3
or seeding her property.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2016, 10:49:26 AM »

New schedule?
That's the rumor.
Tues-Sat 630-3
I love Mondays! EVERY day is Monday, except Sunday, that's just Sunday.
GFY

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2016, 10:52:29 AM »

Looks like we could get a needed shower.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2016, 10:54:55 AM »

@ DWG - The Page has some decent prices on Hemingway's and 8-5-8's

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....