BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/21/2016
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2016, 11:36:49 AM »

Morning BS

How's the A/C doing?
$30 part and cooling good as new!
Sounds like the 'ol capacitor
Exactly!  Two units and about every 2-3 years when the temp hits up around 105+ one or the other blows up.  Repairman said they are not made worth crap anymore and can't stand up to these kind of Temperatures.
Doesn't matter now as you should be out before the next blow up, but Lennox still seem to hold up well, and have a longer warranty.  How big are each of the units?  4 ton?

Techs around these parts don't have too many good things to say about Lennox. They seem to prefer Carrier or Rheem... not that there are many made in the USA. I think BD had story for this, but then again, why wouldn't he.  ;)
Rheem is Japanese owned and most manufacturing is in Mexico.  Carrier out of Connecticut manufactures in Mexico.
Sheesh, talk about some Commies!  Starting to worry about B.S.

I'm not a HVAC tech, but I do know you can buy a capacitor at Home Depot or Lowes. ;)  I'm just echoing what I hear about these brands. You can always consult your Comsumer Reports if you prefer.

« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2016, 11:39:43 AM »

More news for Golf... unfortunately, not the good kind.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/actor-anton-yelchin-star-trek-films-dies-freak-043108050.html?ref=gs
I have this movie he made from a Dean koontz novel, the first in the "Odd Thomas" series.
it probably will be sold out now, it may have gone direct to DVD.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1767354/?ref_=nv_sr_2

« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2016, 11:42:24 AM »

Morning Flip, good to see you missed the stampede, now as to the Mayor?

'Mass Hysteria' Causes Stampede at NYC Subway Station: NYPD

Straphangers stampeded out of the Central Park North - 110th Street subway station in Harlem at about 9 a.m. in what police are calling mass hysteria.

"All they said was just, 'Run, run, run, run,'" one commuter recalled. "People getting stampeded, getting trampled, bags flying. It's crazy right now"
never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups....
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/21/2016
« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2016, 11:44:31 AM »

Morning, slackers.
What are you doing here ChampDave?
Schedule change that TexDave has been so preoccupied with has finally kicked in. Good timing, too, since I stayed up until 1:30 Monday morning after watching the game.

Just how many celebratory Bueso's was that? or did you just watch all the recap shows with a tear in you eye? Run around the yard at midnight yelling, YES! YES! YES! WE DID IT!!! GAWD DAMN IT, WE DID IT!!! HOLY F'KIN SHIT!

lol
Definitely the second one. Lol. And my celebratory smoke was a Behike. Been holding on to that one for a few years, waiting for the right situation.

Nice! I had a Siglo V when the Pens won.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/21/2016
« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2016, 11:49:05 AM »

Morning Flip, good to see you missed the stampede, now as to the Mayor?

'Mass Hysteria' Causes Stampede at NYC Subway Station: NYPD

Straphangers stampeded out of the Central Park North - 110th Street subway station in Harlem at about 9 a.m. in what police are calling mass hysteria.

"All they said was just, 'Run, run, run, run,'" one commuter recalled. "People getting stampeded, getting trampled, bags flying. It's crazy right now"
never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups....

Indeed.

« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2016, 11:50:07 AM »

Morning Flip, good to see you missed the stampede, now as to the Mayor?

'Mass Hysteria' Causes Stampede at NYC Subway Station: NYPD

Straphangers stampeded out of the Central Park North - 110th Street subway station in Harlem at about 9 a.m. in what police are calling mass hysteria.

"All they said was just, 'Run, run, run, run,'" one commuter recalled. "People getting stampeded, getting trampled, bags flying. It's crazy right now"
never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups....
Exactly. I mean, just look at the federal government.

« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2016, 11:50:34 AM »

Morning Flip, good to see you missed the stampede, now as to the Mayor?

'Mass Hysteria' Causes Stampede at NYC Subway Station: NYPD

Straphangers stampeded out of the Central Park North - 110th Street subway station in Harlem at about 9 a.m. in what police are calling mass hysteria.

"All they said was just, 'Run, run, run, run,'" one commuter recalled. "People getting stampeded, getting trampled, bags flying. It's crazy right now"
never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups....
Or small groups or by themselves these days!

« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2016, 11:51:20 AM »

Morning Flip, good to see you missed the stampede, now as to the Mayor?

'Mass Hysteria' Causes Stampede at NYC Subway Station: NYPD

Straphangers stampeded out of the Central Park North - 110th Street subway station in Harlem at about 9 a.m. in what police are calling mass hysteria.

"All they said was just, 'Run, run, run, run,'" one commuter recalled. "People getting stampeded, getting trampled, bags flying. It's crazy right now"
never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups....
Exactly. I mean, just look at the federal government.
Or the State Government, city government, county government, and any other gubments.

« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2016, 11:53:08 AM »

[...]

I don't fuk with electricity beyond changing a light bulb or resetting a breaker.

« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2016, 12:03:21 PM »

Palmetto State Armory has a great deal (Daily Deal, expires at midnight or when they run out) on Lake City 5.56 XM855 62 GR Ammo.

900 Round Ammo Box $360 FS

« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2016, 12:28:43 PM »

[...]

you can work with electricity, Ghostbusters taught un that we just don't cross the streams!  8)
Especially when the breaker is off, it is ok to work with electricity. you just don't want to replace a fixture,
when the switch was switching the return, not the hot leg.... you getten ze sparkzs & the tingling feeling.

« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2016, 12:29:15 PM »

[...]

Agreed.  Electricity or indoor plumbing.

« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2016, 12:32:32 PM »

[...]

I take care of limited plumbing tasks.

« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2016, 12:40:03 PM »

[...]

Flushing twice?

« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2016, 12:41:40 PM »

[...]

And plunging