« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2016, 10:48:11 AM »

Morning BS

How's the A/C doing?
$30 part and cooling good as new!
Sounds like the 'ol capacitor
Exactly!  Two units and about every 2-3 years when the temp hits up around 105+ one or the other blows up.  Repairman said they are not made worth crap anymore and can't stand up to these kind of Temperatures.
Doesn't matter now as you should be out before the next blow up, but Lennox still seem to hold up well, and have a longer warranty.  How big are each of the units?  4 ton?
No idea on the size but one is bigger than the other.  I can't even remember the brand but might be Carrier made in USA (now made in Mexico). Sheesh, they are heat pumps and over 16 years old operating in this hotazz climate.  Only thing that has gone wrong on either one is those damn capacitors.  Pretty amazing.

« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2016, 10:48:48 AM »

Morning Steve.

Morning, Dave. You gonna get a 10 gallon hat to go with your boots this visit? or something with a big belt buckle instead?  8)
Got a hat, got the boots....hmmm.

Well, now you got to... I'm sure Tx or Bean could "steer" you to the quality "cowboy" outfitter for at least a nice leather belt. Rodeo/Walker Texas Ranger belt buckle optional... Somewhere that sells tack & bridle.
Already have two here that I like...Cavender's and Sheplers.  Decent on-line as well in case you need anything.

« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2016, 10:49:29 AM »

Morning BS
I think Rheem is either made in Mexico or soon will be because when I was in Laredo there was a big group of Rheem Wannabee's loading up on a Mexican van to go to Mexico.

How's the A/C doing?
$30 part and cooling good as new!
Sounds like the 'ol capacitor
Exactly!  Two units and about every 2-3 years when the temp hits up around 105+ one or the other blows up.  Repairman said they are not made worth crap anymore and can't stand up to these kind of Temperatures.
Doesn't matter now as you should be out before the next blow up, but Lennox still seem to hold up well, and have a longer warranty.  How big are each of the units?  4 ton?
Techs around these parts don't have too many good things to say about Lennox. They seem to prefer Carrier or Rheem... not that there are many made in the USA. I think BD had story for this, but then again, why wouldn't he.  ;)

I think Rheem is either made in Mexico or soon will be because when I was in Laredo there was a big group of Rheem Wannabee's loading up on a Mexican van to go to Mexico.

« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2016, 10:51:35 AM »

Morning Steve.

Morning, Dave. You gonna get a 10 gallon hat to go with your boots this visit? or something with a big belt buckle instead?  8)
Got a hat, got the boots....hmmm.

Well, now you got to... I'm sure Tx or Bean could "steer" you to the quality "cowboy" outfitter for at least a nice leather belt. Rodeo/Walker Texas Ranger belt buckle optional... Somewhere that sells tack & bridle.
Already have two here that I like...Cavender's and Sheplers.  Decent on-line as well in case you need anything.
You get real silver Belt Buckles at Rewards which used to be here but moved to Dallas.

« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2016, 10:56:32 AM »

Lennox is HQ in Texas with manufacturing in Iowa.

« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2016, 11:11:41 AM »

Morning BS

How's the A/C doing?
$30 part and cooling good as new!
Sounds like the 'ol capacitor
Exactly!  Two units and about every 2-3 years when the temp hits up around 105+ one or the other blows up.  Repairman said they are not made worth crap anymore and can't stand up to these kind of Temperatures.
Doesn't matter now as you should be out before the next blow up, but Lennox still seem to hold up well, and have a longer warranty.  How big are each of the units?  4 ton?

Techs around these parts don't have too many good things to say about Lennox. They seem to prefer Carrier or Rheem... not that there are many made in the USA. I think BD had story for this, but then again, why wouldn't he.  ;)
Rheem is Japanese owned and most manufacturing is in Mexico.  Carrier out of Connecticut manufactures in Mexico.

« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2016, 11:14:19 AM »

Morning BS

How's the A/C doing?
$30 part and cooling good as new!
Sounds like the 'ol capacitor
Exactly!  Two units and about every 2-3 years when the temp hits up around 105+ one or the other blows up.  Repairman said they are not made worth crap anymore and can't stand up to these kind of Temperatures.
Doesn't matter now as you should be out before the next blow up, but Lennox still seem to hold up well, and have a longer warranty.  How big are each of the units?  4 ton?

Techs around these parts don't have too many good things to say about Lennox. They seem to prefer Carrier or Rheem... not that there are many made in the USA. I think BD had story for this, but then again, why wouldn't he.  ;)
Rheem is Japanese owned and most manufacturing is in Mexico.  Carrier out of Connecticut manufactures in Mexico.
Sheesh, talk about some Commies!  Starting to worry about B.S.

« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2016, 11:22:08 AM »

MIAMI — The first iconic Cuban product to reach U.S. store shelves will be coffee. Sorry, no rum or cigars just yet.

Swiss-based Nespresso announced Monday that it will sell long-restricted coffee throughout the U.S. starting this fall, the latest evidence of renewed ties between the United States and Cuba after five decades of estrangement.
Nice, I don't give a rats azz one way or the other about Cuban Cigars but they do have some good dark roast coffee's down there.  I find it hard to believe the good stuff will come by way of Nespresso though but you never know.
that high end sigle cup maker that Clooney and DeVito are advertising maybe....
good morning boys.

« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2016, 11:27:10 AM »

Good morning, fellas.
Morning, MayorTony.
Will I need to run for reelection?
Na, just like the presidency, nobody wants the job.
Except Kasich, Rubio, Jebby, Bernie and Hillary along with a few other losers.
he should have said, very few sane people want the job.!

« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2016, 11:27:13 AM »

Where's Golf? Out shopping for a championship hat/t-shirt combo?
"Meeting"
Back now. No championship gear yet, but my shopping cart at NBA.com is definitely starting to swell. Sounds like the DAWG.

« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2016, 11:27:57 AM »

Morning, slackers.
What are you doing here ChampDave?
Schedule change that TexDave has been so preoccupied with has finally kicked in. Good timing, too, since I stayed up until 1:30 Monday morning after watching the game.

Just how many celebratory Bueso's was that? or did you just watch all the recap shows with a tear in you eye? Run around the yard at midnight yelling, YES! YES! YES! WE DID IT!!! GAWD DAMN IT, WE DID IT!!! HOLY F'KIN SHIT!

lol
Definitely the second one. Lol. And my celebratory smoke was a Behike. Been holding on to that one for a few years, waiting for the right situation.

« Reply #116 on: June 21, 2016, 11:28:22 AM »

Morning Flip.

« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2016, 11:28:23 AM »

Morning, muchachos. And congratulations to ChampDave.
Thanks. Been a long time coming.

« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2016, 11:30:50 AM »

More news for Golf... unfortunately, not the good kind.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/actor-anton-yelchin-star-trek-films-dies-freak-043108050.html?ref=gs
Yeah, saw that on Sunday. Sucks, he was good in the new movies.

« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2016, 11:33:03 AM »

Morning Flip, good to see you missed the stampede, now as to the Mayor?

'Mass Hysteria' Causes Stampede at NYC Subway Station: NYPD

Straphangers stampeded out of the Central Park North - 110th Street subway station in Harlem at about 9 a.m. in what police are calling mass hysteria.

"All they said was just, 'Run, run, run, run,'" one commuter recalled. "People getting stampeded, getting trampled, bags flying. It's crazy right now"