CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: 7/30/2014  (Read 52491 times)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/30/2014
« Reply #315 on: July 30, 2014, 02:51:58 PM »

Returned my cutter to Xikar a couple weeks back. Last Monday customer service emailed they couldn't repair and were going to have to replace it. Returned email, 'okay fine'. Now, a week later they say they have received the replacement cutter and will be sending it out 'this week'. Seems strange. I'd cancel, but I already paid 6 years ago.
Should have cancelled on principal...FB would have.
Yeah FB has fuk't up customer service throughout the cigar industry.  Actually I will rant again about this topic since you brought it up.  I had a Xikar Cutter for many years gifted to me by my wife and it got pretty dull so called them up.  No problem just send it to us it is guaranteed for life and we will repair or replace. Sent it express mail and within about 10 days total I had a brand shiny new one back.  Could not ask for more could I????  Well yes I could the one I sent was Made In The U.S.A. and the new one I got back is clearly stamped CHINA which totally pissed me off.

Well, that's shitty. Especially from a company that brandishes 'made in American', or at least used to.

They didn't actually have the finish available for mine. Said it was discontinued (Bronze), but I could choose any of the 5 basic solid Xi1. Just chose the Black one... and now that I think of it, mine for sure said MIA around the pivot pin. Guess we'll see what I get.
I am just about to send my 009 Punch cutter in, will probably do it next week.

I'd like to get a new punch. Looked at this one I think. Is it the oblong one... not the milled that twists. Definitely want a 9.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #316 on: July 30, 2014, 03:06:36 PM »

Returned my cutter to Xikar a couple weeks back. Last Monday customer service emailed they couldn't repair and were going to have to replace it. Returned email, 'okay fine'. Now, a week later they say they have received the replacement cutter and will be sending it out 'this week'. Seems strange. I'd cancel, but I already paid 6 years ago.
Yeah FB has fuk't up customer service throughout the cigar industry.  Actually I will rant again about this topic since you brought it up.  I had a Xikar Cutter for many years gifted to me by my wife and it got pretty dull so called them up.  No problem just send it to us it is guaranteed for life and we will repair or replace. Sent it express mail and within about 10 days total I had a brand shiny new one back.  Could not ask for more could I????  Well yes I could the one I sent was Made In The U.S.A. and the new one I got back is clearly stamped CHINA which totally pissed me off.

Well, that's shitty. Especially from a company that brandishes 'made in American', or at least used to.

They didn't actually have the finish available for mine. Said it was discontinued (Bronze), but I could choose any of the 5 basic solid Xi1. Just chose the Black one... and now that I think of it, mine for sure said MIA around the pivot pin. Guess we'll see what I get.

I'd like to get a new punch. Looked at this one I think. Is it the oblong one... not the milled that twists. Definitely want a 9.
Mine is the 'pull out' style, not the twist...I have a 007 twist and prefer the pullout...and I also prefer the pullout...HEY-O

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #317 on: July 30, 2014, 03:10:47 PM »

Mine is the 'pull out' style, not the twist...I have a 007 twist and prefer the pullout...and I also prefer the pullout...HEY-O
We're all grateful for that.

sfish

« Reply #318 on: July 30, 2014, 03:11:59 PM »

Alrighty men, I'm out of here. Have a good evening, see your dead asses tomorrow! PEACE!

dogdays

« Reply #319 on: July 30, 2014, 03:13:06 PM »

Alrighty men, I'm out of here. Have a good evening, see your dead asses tomorrow! PEACE!
Later Scott, have a good evening! 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #320 on: July 30, 2014, 03:14:15 PM »

Please hurry back so that we can talk about peanut butter beer, boobies and hiding from our bosses. Look at ME! Look at ME!

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #321 on: July 30, 2014, 03:14:43 PM »

Later, Scott.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #322 on: July 30, 2014, 03:16:03 PM »

Please hurry back so that we can talk about peanut butter beer, boobies and hiding from our bosses. Look at ME! Look at ME!
I see nothing wrong with any of those things. But then, I get along just fine with Lori, too.

dogdays

« Reply #323 on: July 30, 2014, 03:16:34 PM »

I see nothing wrong with any of those things. But then, I get along just fine with Lori, too.
+1

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #324 on: July 30, 2014, 03:19:16 PM »

No.  Bullshit!  Lori's a bitch!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #325 on: July 30, 2014, 03:19:52 PM »

We're all grateful for that.
I should get paid to not reproduce

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #326 on: July 30, 2014, 03:20:07 PM »

See ya Fish!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #327 on: July 30, 2014, 03:20:42 PM »

Ditto...she puts out for yellowstars!  8)

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #328 on: July 30, 2014, 03:23:34 PM »

Ha! Bomb tosser!

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #329 on: July 30, 2014, 03:34:56 PM »

Bitch!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26