CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: 3/16/2016  (Read 18600 times)

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
Re: 3/16/2016
« Reply #165 on: March 16, 2016, 02:18:48 PM »

Lot of news today...
http://www.valleynewslive.com/home/headlines/Obama-to-Nominate-Federal-Appeals-Court-Judge-Merrick-Garland-For-the-Supreme-Court-372223072.html
Just as would be expected, this is from the Wasington Times:

conservative Judicial Crisis Network, which plans to spend at least $2 million on an advertising campaign to oppose Judge Merrick Garland’s nomination, says the nominee “has a very liberal view of gun rights.”

JCN chief counsel Carrie Severino said in a blog post that Judge Merrick’s record on the bench since 1997 “leads to the conclusion that he would vote to reverse one of Justice Scalia’s most important opinions, D.C. vs. Heller, which affirmed that the Second Amendment confers an individual right to keep and bear arms.”
Why am I not surprised?
Great way for Judge Severino to get herself from easy attention and free posts.
And just what is Obama trying to get besides more attention?
He doesn't need more, I believe he will be happy just coasting into retirement.
Don't kid yourself
Na, he knows the score.  The Republicans have only one agenda item and that it to block anything he tries to do.  After this nomination he's just going to let them make bigger asses of themselves.  Nobody gonna be doin' nothin'
And America is generally better off when that kind of gridlock happens, historically speaking.
+1000

sfish

« Reply #166 on: March 16, 2016, 02:20:27 PM »

V Lancero's 5/$27 on the Mash.
hmm, haven't seen them in a while.  did see 2 left from 2 years ago or so in the work humi yesterday.  also noticed some cubao # 7's on the biz at $35.00 for 10 I think it was, in that fire sale they posted today.
Keep in mind those are a new blend
the cubaos or the V's?
The Cuboas, after Espinosa and Ortega split, Ortega made these on his own. Not the same as the originals we bought

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #167 on: March 16, 2016, 02:21:37 PM »

So Bean, speaking of inaction....what is the target completion date for your domestic project?
We are not supposed to ask about that topic anymore, Bean is a little sensitive about it.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #168 on: March 16, 2016, 02:24:19 PM »

So Bean, speaking of inaction....what is the target completion date for your domestic project?
We are not supposed to ask about that topic anymore, Bean is a little sensitive about it.
And presidential candidates are supposed to debate the issues, not the size of their cocks. But this is the world we live in.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #169 on: March 16, 2016, 02:26:15 PM »

Hazzuh!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #170 on: March 16, 2016, 02:29:53 PM »

And presidential candidates are supposed to debate the issues, not the size of their cocks. But this is the world we live in.
Yea, keep that in the banter where it belongs.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #171 on: March 16, 2016, 02:30:08 PM »

Later Golf!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #172 on: March 16, 2016, 02:30:49 PM »

We got to get Dave the hell out of France!
What good will it do, I have to go back to Cali.

Threebean

« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2016, 02:31:30 PM »

Lot of news today...
http://www.valleynewslive.com/home/headlines/Obama-to-Nominate-Federal-Appeals-Court-Judge-Merrick-Garland-For-the-Supreme-Court-372223072.html

conservative Judicial Crisis Network, which plans to spend at least $2 million on an advertising campaign to oppose Judge Merrick Garland’s nomination, says the nominee “has a very liberal view of gun rights.”

JCN chief counsel Carrie Severino said in a blog post that Judge Merrick’s record on the bench since 1997 “leads to the conclusion that he would vote to reverse one of Justice Scalia’s most important opinions, D.C. vs. Heller, which affirmed that the Second Amendment confers an individual right to keep and bear arms.”
Why am I not surprised?
Don't kid yourself
Na, he knows the score.  The Republicans have only one agenda item and that it to block anything he tries to do.  After this nomination he's just going to let them make bigger asses of themselves.  Nobody gonna be doin' nothin'
And America is generally better off when that kind of gridlock happens, historically speaking.
Have to agree with raz.  The less those bozos do, the less f'd up things become.
Generally I would agree with you, except when it comes to blocking budgets and allowing the country to become insolvent...Cruz claim to fame.
Allowing the country to go insolvent?  You make it sound like a naturally occurring phenomenon, like a flood or earthquake.  The insolvency is a direct result of their actions, not lack thereof.  You been drinking the Bernie koolaid?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #174 on: March 16, 2016, 02:32:06 PM »

We got to get Dave the hell out of France!
What good will it do, I have to go back to Cali.
OMG, we may lose you all together.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2016, 02:33:34 PM »

Lot of news today...

Why am I not surprised?
Don't kid yourself
Have to agree with raz.  The less those bozos do, the less f'd up things become.
Generally I would agree with you, except when it comes to blocking budgets and allowing the country to become insolvent...Cruz claim to fame.
Allowing the country to go insolvent?  You make it sound like a naturally occurring phenomenon, like a flood or earthquake.  The insolvency is a direct result of their actions, not lack thereof.  You been drinking the Bernie koolaid?
I think he has been in CA and France too long or something.  Maybe he is just drunk.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2016, 02:39:36 PM »

Lot of news today...

Why am I not surprised?
Don't kid yourself
I think he has been in CA and France too long or something.  Maybe he is just drunk.
To be precise, blocking a budget has nothing to do with national insolvency. A budget is nothing more than a plan, and we all know what happens to plans upon first contact with reality.  Besides, national insolvency is a practical impossibility for the US.

What he meant to say is "blocking spending bills leading to a government shutdown or a credit downgrade."

Threebean

« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2016, 02:41:24 PM »

Really man, I'd forgotten all about the-project-which-shall-not-be-named until he made that remark.  He should have provided a trigger warning.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2016, 02:48:25 PM »

Well all this webinar bullshit goes live August 2017 so that gets the a great big GFY's from me.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2016, 02:57:35 PM »

Lot of news today...

Why am I not surprised?
Don't kid yourself
:D...now that you mention it...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16