CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: 3/16/2016  (Read 18602 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 3/16/2016
« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2016, 01:32:42 PM »

Lot of news today...
http://www.valleynewslive.com/home/headlines/Obama-to-Nominate-Federal-Appeals-Court-Judge-Merrick-Garland-For-the-Supreme-Court-372223072.html
Just as would be expected, this is from the Wasington Times:

conservative Judicial Crisis Network, which plans to spend at least $2 million on an advertising campaign to oppose Judge Merrick Garland’s nomination, says the nominee “has a very liberal view of gun rights.”

JCN chief counsel Carrie Severino said in a blog post that Judge Merrick’s record on the bench since 1997 “leads to the conclusion that he would vote to reverse one of Justice Scalia’s most important opinions, D.C. vs. Heller, which affirmed that the Second Amendment confers an individual right to keep and bear arms.”
Why am I not surprised?
Great way for Judge Severino to get herself from easy attention and free posts.
And just what is Obama trying to get besides more attention?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2016, 01:35:32 PM »

Leftover spaghetti and meatballs with a glass of heart elixer for a pre-webinar lunch then a new Padron Damaso No. 8 (corona) for the first lighting.
Let me know how those Damaso's are.  I picked up a couple to celebrate the graduate a while back as the boy tends to have a soft tummy when it comes to cigars... ::).

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2016, 01:36:39 PM »

Lot of news today...
http://www.valleynewslive.com/home/headlines/Obama-to-Nominate-Federal-Appeals-Court-Judge-Merrick-Garland-For-the-Supreme-Court-372223072.html

conservative Judicial Crisis Network, which plans to spend at least $2 million on an advertising campaign to oppose Judge Merrick Garland’s nomination, says the nominee “has a very liberal view of gun rights.”

JCN chief counsel Carrie Severino said in a blog post that Judge Merrick’s record on the bench since 1997 “leads to the conclusion that he would vote to reverse one of Justice Scalia’s most important opinions, D.C. vs. Heller, which affirmed that the Second Amendment confers an individual right to keep and bear arms.”
Why am I not surprised?
He doesn't need more, I believe he will be happy just coasting into retirement.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2016, 01:37:28 PM »

Lot of news today...

Why am I not surprised?
Don't kid yourself

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2016, 01:38:37 PM »

Leftover spaghetti and meatballs with a glass of heart elixer for a pre-webinar lunch then a new Padron Damaso No. 8 (corona) for the first lighting.
Let me know how those Damaso's are.  I picked up a couple to celebrate the graduate a while back as the boy tends to have a soft tummy when it comes to cigars... ::).
About 1/2 thru this one and I really like it.   Should serve the boy well.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2016, 01:40:14 PM »

Webinar sure confirms my retirement plan!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2016, 01:40:22 PM »

Lot of news today...

Why am I not surprised?
Yeah, how dare he do what he's supposed to do and nominate a new justice? The nerve! Go back to Kenya!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2016, 01:40:24 PM »

Lot of news today...

Why am I not surprised?
Don't kid yourself
Na, he knows the score.  The Republicans have only one agenda item and that it to block anything he tries to do.  After this nomination he's just going to let them make bigger asses of themselves.  Nobody gonna be doin' nothin'

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2016, 01:41:02 PM »

So, Golf... how ya feelin' about that MoneyBall GM... looks like a total reboot from here. The Falcons thanked ya'll very much for letting Alex Mack come on down. It was a lot of cash, but I think he's just what they needed.
Not even sure at this point they'll have the minimum number of players, if they let everyone leave. Lol. I can tell you that Mack will be a great addition. We were 7-3 or 7-4 in 2014 when he went down with a broken leg, and that's when everything went to shit. But they had to tender him last year, so you just knew he was gonna be a goner this time around.

I remember him very well... Had hopes of getting him in PIT before ya'll snagged him. lol Got Pouncey the following year, but would have preferred Mack. I think he and Joe Thomas were your foundation on that o-line. Such is life the the free-agency era. I'm just not sure how the "numbers" thing will work for football like it can in baseball. There just isn't the number of viable players to pull from to build that type of roster, imho.
That's why the NFL now is 3-4 really decent teams, the rest mediocre and then Cleveland and Detroit....
And with Calvin Johnson retiring, the Lions are heading in the same direction we are, I think.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2016, 02:03:01 PM »

Lot of news today...

Why am I not surprised?
Don't kid yourself
Na, he knows the score.  The Republicans have only one agenda item and that it to block anything he tries to do.  After this nomination he's just going to let them make bigger asses of themselves.  Nobody gonna be doin' nothin'
And America is generally better off when that kind of gridlock happens, historically speaking.

Threebean

« Reply #160 on: March 16, 2016, 02:04:25 PM »

Lot of news today...

Why am I not surprised?
Don't kid yourself
And America is generally better off when that kind of gridlock happens, historically speaking.
Have to agree with raz.  The less those bozos do, the less f'd up things become.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #161 on: March 16, 2016, 02:13:12 PM »

Lot of news today...

Why am I not surprised?
Don't kid yourself
Have to agree with raz.  The less those bozos do, the less f'd up things become.
Generally I would agree with you, except when it comes to blocking budgets and allowing the country to become insolvent...Cruz claim to fame.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #162 on: March 16, 2016, 02:13:34 PM »

Lot of news today...

Why am I not surprised?
Don't kid yourself
Gridlock is the working taxpayers best friend an over recent years our only government friend

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #163 on: March 16, 2016, 02:14:27 PM »

So Bean, speaking of inaction....what is the target completion date for your domestic project?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #164 on: March 16, 2016, 02:14:34 PM »

We got to get Dave the hell out of France!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16