CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: 3/16/2016  (Read 18657 times)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/16/2016
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2016, 11:51:27 AM »

So, Golf... how ya feelin' about that MoneyBall GM... looks like a total reboot from here. The Falcons thanked ya'll very much for letting Alex Mack come on down. It was a lot of cash, but I think he's just what they needed.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2016, 11:53:13 AM »

Lot of news today...
http://www.valleynewslive.com/home/headlines/Obama-to-Nominate-Federal-Appeals-Court-Judge-Merrick-Garland-For-the-Supreme-Court-372223072.html
Just as would be expected, this is from the Wasington Times:

conservative Judicial Crisis Network, which plans to spend at least $2 million on an advertising campaign to oppose Judge Merrick Garland’s nomination, says the nominee “has a very liberal view of gun rights.”

JCN chief counsel Carrie Severino said in a blog post that Judge Merrick’s record on the bench since 1997 “leads to the conclusion that he would vote to reverse one of Justice Scalia’s most important opinions, D.C. vs. Heller, which affirmed that the Second Amendment confers an individual right to keep and bear arms.”
Why am I not surprised?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2016, 11:56:09 AM »

Good morning, men.  In the office all day today, so hoping for another scorcher.
Nope, it's a two day fiver special.  Gotta check the clock sir.

Has anyone actually scrolled through the entire list!?! ...those refreshes are horrible.
I saw the e-mail yesterday that said something like 500 or 700 options or some shit. I didn't even bother looking.
There is always the Cigar-Fu option now. ::)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2016, 11:57:43 AM »

Good morning, men.  In the office all day today, so hoping for another scorcher.
Nope, it's a two day fiver special.  Gotta check the clock sir.

Has anyone actually scrolled through the entire list!?! ...those refreshes are horrible.
I saw the e-mail yesterday that said something like 500 or 700 options or some shit. I didn't even bother looking.
There is always the Cigar-Fu option now. ::)
HI-YA!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2016, 11:59:56 AM »

So, Golf... how ya feelin' about that MoneyBall GM... looks like a total reboot from here. The Falcons thanked ya'll very much for letting Alex Mack come on down. It was a lot of cash, but I think he's just what they needed.
Not even sure at this point they'll have the minimum number of players, if they let everyone leave. Lol. I can tell you that Mack will be a great addition. We were 7-3 or 7-4 in 2014 when he went down with a broken leg, and that's when everything went to shit. But they had to tender him last year, so you just knew he was gonna be a goner this time around.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2016, 12:07:41 PM »

Tat Black Label, regular production boxes:

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2016, 12:09:59 PM »

Not even sure at this point they'll have the minimum number of players, if they let everyone leave. Lol. I can tell you that Mack will be a great addition. We were 7-3 or 7-4 in 2014 when he went down with a broken leg, and that's when everything went to shit. But they had to tender him last year, so you just knew he was gonna be a goner this time around.

I remember him very well... Had hopes of getting him in PIT before ya'll snagged him. lol Got Pouncey the following year, but would have preferred Mack. I think he and Joe Thomas were your foundation on that o-line. Such is life the the free-agency era. I'm just not sure how the "numbers" thing will work for football like it can in baseball. There just isn't the number of viable players to pull from to build that type of roster, imho.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2016, 12:11:37 PM »

I remember him very well... Had hopes of getting him in PIT before ya'll snagged him. lol Got Pouncey the following year, but would have preferred Mack. I think he and Joe Thomas were your foundation on that o-line. Such is life the the free-agency era. I'm just not sure how the "numbers" thing will work for football like it can in baseball. There just isn't the number of viable players to pull from to build that type of roster, imho.
I imagine the owner's thought process was, "knowledgeable football people haven't been able to help, might want to do something different before the whole town turns on me." Which is right around the corner.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2016, 12:11:47 PM »

NICE!

Private Reserve... fancy

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2016, 12:14:34 PM »

Mike make those? ;)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2016, 12:20:18 PM »

I imagine the owner's thought process was, "knowledgeable football people haven't been able to help, might want to do something different before the whole town turns on me." Which is right around the corner.

When I read this tweet when Johnny Eightball was released... I'd still have my doubts. Ouch.

Quote from: Doug Farrar ‎@SI_DougFarrar
In 2014, the Browns spent $100k on a study breaking down the important QB traits. The study told them: Bridgewater. The result: Manziel.
12:14 PM - 11 Mar 2016
90 Retweets   78 likes

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2016, 12:20:30 PM »

Mike make those? ;)
They have hinges, so no ;)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2016, 12:25:07 PM »

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2016, 12:26:38 PM »

When I read this tweet when Johnny Eightball was released... I'd still have my doubts. Ouch.

Quote from: Doug Farrar ‎@SI_DougFarrar
In 2014, the Browns spent $100k on a study breaking down the important QB traits. The study told them: Bridgewater. The result: Manziel.
12:14 PM - 11 Mar 2016
90 Retweets   78 likes
Sounds about right. I was hoping at the time for either Bridgewater or Bortles. Instead, we stayed at 6 and got Gilbert. And now they're trying to add Kaepernick, another small QB that loves to use his feet, in a division that demands a big dude as QB. I just don't understand it.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2016, 12:27:04 PM »

Leftover spaghetti and meatballs with a glass of heart elixer for a pre-webinar lunch then a new Padron Damaso No. 8 (corona) for the first lighting.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16