Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 217338 times)

dogdays

  • Guest
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1695 on: July 22, 2014, 12:06:23 PM »

Famous' bid site pisses me off. I've been waiting for a certain box to go up and it was scheduled for yesterday, yesterday comes and they move the bid to start on 7/29. I bet they move it again on the 29th, oh well

Call them and cancel.
If they don't ship what I haven't ordered by tomorrow I'll have FB cancel for me

Post a sob story and we'll send you free cigars to smoke in the mean time.
I still have six or seven AJ Overruns we could send him.
Please send them to Joe!

I really just don't like the idea of ordering something with no idea of what you'll be getting.  And if you do happen in to something you like, guess what?  You can't be sure you'll ever get them again.
Agreed, It is better to spend $40 on 5 or 10 good cigars that you know you will smoke rather than on 20 mystery cigars that you may not. If that makes any sense.

Makes perfect sense to me.  I would always prefer to smoke better cigars less frequently than lesser cigars more often.
You make a good pointe , makes sense to me also.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1696 on: July 22, 2014, 12:07:08 PM »

Famous' bid site pisses me off. I've been waiting for a certain box to go up and it was scheduled for yesterday, yesterday comes and they move the bid to start on 7/29. I bet they move it again on the 29th, oh well
Fine opening whine.  Solid bitchworthy biebfish!
Thanks David, it was an actual bitch. Been looking forward to this box going up and they can sell very low, have to wait another week
Logged

jswaykos

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1697 on: July 22, 2014, 12:07:47 PM »

I got some of the petite coronas a couple years ago because I had a random prepaid Visa gift card or something and they were almost the exact amount I had in my balance.  They're not the worst cigars I've ever had. I suppose I'd say they're worth the dollar or so per stick.  Good for a third or fourth cigar on the golf course when I'm really just looking for anything to smoke.  But for giveaways I like to stick with things assuming the other person will look up the cigar online (though 99.99% of the time, they don't) and try to give away something halfway decent so I don't look like a douche.

Diesel UCs are perfect for that because they're somewhat big and they look cool.
-- Handout choice depends on context.  If it's a couple of friends herfing, good cigars.  If it's a party, or after the third martini, then no one is capable of paying attention to the cigar.  May as well be cheapos at that point.

Of course.  If they're "hand outs" to people who appreciate a good cigar, they can have whatever they'd like to try.  If it's to someone who probably won't smoke it past the first inch or two, they're getting something that I just couldn't bring myself to throw away.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1698 on: July 22, 2014, 12:13:10 PM »

[...]

I had a couple of friends over after a gig one night, normally the kind of friends that get good cigars.  I had them try OOOs.  They'd been drinking, and were still drinking.  The cigars ended up half-smoked, just because they were too busy talking.  Age-old lesson learned...serve the good stuff when they're sober, unload the swill when they're drunk.
Logged

dogdays

  • Guest
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1699 on: July 22, 2014, 12:22:55 PM »

[...]

I think we have all had this happen you go out whit friends, and some of them smoke cigars , and some don't , after a few drinks the non cigars smoker wants a cigar too , you give them a good cigar and its just a hate crime .

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1700 on: July 22, 2014, 12:26:16 PM »

[...]

Hanging out with you guys late-night sounds like a blast

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1701 on: July 22, 2014, 12:33:33 PM »

Doctors appointment at 12:30. Can't wait to have a finger stuck up my ass!
Hoping it's a 60+ ring gauge!
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1702 on: July 22, 2014, 12:33:55 PM »

[...]

Also don't get drunk at Bret's house.....
Logged

jswaykos

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1703 on: July 22, 2014, 12:33:57 PM »

[...]

Cold beers*, good cigars, get drunk and have fun.  We all take this too fucking seriously sometimes.

*Warm beers if Dan's bringing 'em.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1704 on: July 22, 2014, 12:39:47 PM »

[...]

And especially not if FB is there, you'll wind up with warm drinks, shitty cigars and a big foam finger up your ass! And Steve - the answer is NO! They don't all want to get together with you at Bret's house this weekend
Logged

jswaykos

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1705 on: July 22, 2014, 12:41:19 PM »

[...]

Let's all sit in front of the computer screen Saturday night and smoke the same shitty cigars while getting drunk.  Screw interacting with real people.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1706 on: July 22, 2014, 12:50:01 PM »

[...]

I'll send you an Armada

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1707 on: July 22, 2014, 12:50:05 PM »

[...]

True, they can be cheapos, but you want them to taste OK....I have to seriously not like someone to give them a dog turd to smoke.  Thats where CBid works out well, you can get a box or so of something decent for 1.50 to 2.00 a stick and then 3-3.50 stick for general moochers and still have it better than the shit they would have bought.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1708 on: July 22, 2014, 12:51:08 PM »

Still waiting for a deal on the Sake Bombs, can't see spending $50/box when the Tat PCRs are $3EA, but I want some
Logged

jswaykos

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1709 on: July 22, 2014, 12:54:57 PM »

Still waiting for a deal on the Sake Bombs, can't see spending $50/box when the Tat PCRs are $3EA, but I want some

Same here. But as long as I can get Papas Fritas cheaper, the Sake Bombs will have to wait.