CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 136

Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 221005 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1680 on: July 22, 2014, 11:24:26 AM »

Famous' bid site pisses me off. I've been waiting for a certain box to go up and it was scheduled for yesterday, yesterday comes and they move the bid to start on 7/29. I bet they move it again on the 29th, oh well

Call them and cancel.
If they don't ship what I haven't ordered by tomorrow I'll have FB cancel for me

Post a sob story and we'll send you free cigars to smoke in the mean time.
I still have six or seven AJ Overruns we could send him.

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #1681 on: July 22, 2014, 11:25:58 AM »

Famous' bid site pisses me off. I've been waiting for a certain box to go up and it was scheduled for yesterday, yesterday comes and they move the bid to start on 7/29. I bet they move it again on the 29th, oh well

Call them and cancel.
If they don't ship what I haven't ordered by tomorrow I'll have FB cancel for me

Hey, Cigar.com did send out my order yesterday, USPS 2nd day shipping too!

sfish

« Reply #1682 on: July 22, 2014, 11:27:50 AM »

Doctors appointment at 12:30. Can't wait to have a finger stuck up my ass!
Sounds like a typical Saturday night at the FB household
It's much different when wifey does it!
And something tells me it's not a normal size finger

dogdays

« Reply #1683 on: July 22, 2014, 11:31:31 AM »

Call them and cancel.

Please send them to Joe! 

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #1684 on: July 22, 2014, 11:34:35 AM »

I like AJ overruns, I always get SL Hababos or Connie's. I'm the luckiest boy in the world.
Call them and cancel.

Please send them to Joe!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #1685 on: July 22, 2014, 11:37:52 AM »

Call them and cancel.

Please send them to Joe!

I really just don't like the idea of ordering something with no idea of what you'll be getting.  And if you do happen in to something you like, guess what?  You can't be sure you'll ever get them again. 

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #1686 on: July 22, 2014, 11:42:01 AM »

Call them and cancel.

Please send them to Joe!

I really just don't like the idea of ordering something with no idea of what you'll be getting.  And if you do happen in to something you like, guess what?  You can't be sure you'll ever get them again.
That's the reason I haven't replaced these. I ordered them when I was a noob, and they're an okay smoke.  I like them.  But no way to know what's coming next, and there are too many cigars out there that are known quantities - even for inexpensive handout smokes.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #1687 on: July 22, 2014, 11:46:46 AM »

Call them and cancel.

Please send them to Joe!

That's the reason I haven't replaced these. I ordered them when I was a noob, and they're an okay smoke.  I like them.  But no way to know what's coming next, and there are too many cigars out there that are known quantities - even for inexpensive handout smokes.

I got some of the petite coronas a couple years ago because I had a random prepaid Visa gift card or something and they were almost the exact amount I had in my balance.  They're not the worst cigars I've ever had. I suppose I'd say they're worth the dollar or so per stick.  Good for a third or fourth cigar on the golf course when I'm really just looking for anything to smoke.  But for giveaways I like to stick with things assuming the other person will look up the cigar online (though 99.99% of the time, they don't) and try to give away something halfway decent so I don't look like a douche. 

Diesel UCs are perfect for that because they're somewhat big and they look cool. 

sfish

« Reply #1688 on: July 22, 2014, 11:51:04 AM »

Call them and cancel.

Please send them to Joe!

That makes me think of RP putting out a new Decade with a different wrapper

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #1689 on: July 22, 2014, 11:53:46 AM »

Fine opening whine.  Solid bitchworthy biebfish!

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #1690 on: July 22, 2014, 11:54:50 AM »

Call them and cancel.

Please send them to Joe!

Agreed, It is better to spend $40 on 5 or 10 good cigars that you know you will smoke rather than on 20 mystery cigars that you may not. If that makes any sense.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #1691 on: July 22, 2014, 11:56:48 AM »

Cavity free bitches!  ;D
Probably cried during the cleaning.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1692 on: July 22, 2014, 11:58:17 AM »

Cavity free bitches!  ;D
Probably cried during the cleaning.
Hey, who told!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #1693 on: July 22, 2014, 12:00:51 PM »

Call them and cancel.

Please send them to Joe!

Agreed, It is better to spend $40 on 5 or 10 good cigars that you know you will smoke rather than on 20 mystery cigars that you may not. If that makes any sense.

Makes perfect sense to me.  I would always prefer to smoke better cigars less frequently than lesser cigars more often.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #1694 on: July 22, 2014, 12:05:55 PM »

I got some of the petite coronas a couple years ago because I had a random prepaid Visa gift card or something and they were almost the exact amount I had in my balance.  They're not the worst cigars I've ever had. I suppose I'd say they're worth the dollar or so per stick.  Good for a third or fourth cigar on the golf course when I'm really just looking for anything to smoke.  But for giveaways I like to stick with things assuming the other person will look up the cigar online (though 99.99% of the time, they don't) and try to give away something halfway decent so I don't look like a douche. 

Diesel UCs are perfect for that because they're somewhat big and they look cool.
-- Handout choice depends on context.  If it's a couple of friends herfing, good cigars.  If it's a party, or after the third martini, then no one is capable of paying attention to the cigar.  May as well be cheapos at that point. 
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 136