CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: 1/30/2016  (Read 9929 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 1/30/2016
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2016, 11:38:44 AM »

Howdy BD

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2016, 11:39:31 AM »

It's been almost 1 week off with my wife and so far we haven't killed each other.  Not even one fight.  I think the secrete is, "say as little as possible."

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2016, 11:43:17 AM »

It's been almost 1 week off with my wife and so far we haven't killed each other.  Not even one fight.  I think the secrete is, "say as little as possible."
Careful - too much of that and you'll be in trouble for not talking to her.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2016, 11:45:39 AM »

Howdy BD
Good morning Dave(s)....  I've been enjoying the new tv this week.  Regular dvd's look almost as good at Blu-Ray.  But I need another opinion just in case I need to get my eyes checked.  Also YouTube is interesting.  We've been watching the India Street People Cooking Show.  I've been learning how to mix foods with my hands and wipe off cooking utensils between my fingers rather than wasting time in washing them.  It looks like some pretty good slop.. :)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2016, 11:48:09 AM »

The trick is in the delivery, and using a pleasant voice.  Sort of like talking to my bird.  Now that I think of it, Petey's been pretty happy this week too...

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2016, 11:52:18 AM »

Howdy BD
Good morning Dave(s)....  I've been enjoying the new tv this week.  Regular dvd's look almost as good at Blu-Ray.  But I need another opinion just in case I need to get my eyes checked.  Also YouTube is interesting.  We've been watching the India Street People Cooking Show.  I've been learning how to mix foods with my hands and wipe off cooking utensils between my fingers rather than wasting time in washing them.  It looks like some pretty good slop.. :)
Glad to hear you finally pulled the trigger on a new one.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2016, 11:52:47 AM »

The trick is in the delivery, and using a pleasant voice.  Sort of like talking to my bird.  Now that I think of it, Petey's been pretty happy this week too...
And a baby. You can say whatever you want to a baby, as long as you say it in a nice voice.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2016, 12:22:07 PM »

Howdy BD
I'm not giving the tv 5 stars yet since I haven't tried all of the features yet.  Just out of the box with no adjustments.  Some how I turned it on to 3D and couldn't figure out how to turn it off.  I finally got tired of trying and turned the tv off, and a message came up saying, "Now leaving 3D."  We watched 3 Days Off with Kevin Costner.  The movie had that slight soap opera effect and you could see the missed blows when they were fighting, and the fake falls and such.  It really took away from the movie.  But we did watch Lucy and Star Trek, and they were great.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2016, 12:44:26 PM »

Wife and kids are cleaning the house top to bottom right now, since we have a birthday party tomorrow for the 2 little ones. Sure am glad I picked up OT today!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2016, 12:45:37 PM »

I always use a pleasant voice when I talk to my bird as well.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2016, 12:46:13 PM »

Wife and kids are cleaning the house top to bottom right now, since we have a birthday party tomorrow for the 2 little ones. Sure am glad I picked up OT today!
I'm sure they will save some things for you to do when you get home.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2016, 12:47:29 PM »

I'm sure they will save some things for you to do when you get home.
Well, the list she's been sending me of things they've done is pretty fuckin' decent, so I'm satisfied. Lol

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2016, 12:57:10 PM »

The grandkids are coming over in a few minutes, so it's time for me to leave for awhile.. :)  Later all.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2016, 12:59:34 PM »

The grandkids are coming over in a few minutes, so it's time for me to leave for awhile.. :)  Later all.
Later, BD.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2016, 01:11:53 PM »

Howdy BD
I'm not giving the tv 5 stars yet since I haven't tried all of the features yet.  Just out of the box with no adjustments.  Some how I turned it on to 3D and couldn't figure out how to turn it off.  I finally got tired of trying and turned the tv off, and a message came up saying, "Now leaving 3D."  We watched 3 Days Off with Kevin Costner.  The movie had that slight soap opera effect and you could see the missed blows when they were fighting, and the fake falls and such.  It really took away from the movie.  But we did watch Lucy and Star Trek, and they were great.
Was not impressed with Lucy, even with ScarJo.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8