CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: 1/19/2016  (Read 18484 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 1/19/2016
« Reply #165 on: January 19, 2016, 02:25:51 PM »

@ Raz - AR ready for me to pick up!
Nice. Waiting for my check from my mother's estate. A friend has a killer deal for me on a Browning A-Bolt in .338 WinMag...if the check arrives in time.
What you huntin' with that .338?
Deer. Elk. Moose. Bear. Bigfoot. Democrats. Wait, NSA? I was just kidding about that last one.

Properly loaded, it's an all-round rifle, but powerful enough, if needed, for the big animals that tend to hunt back.
LOL, Raz that is a monster caliber not a deer rifle if you wish to eat the bounty.
Just aim high and take the head off.  Avoid the body shots.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2016, 02:26:44 PM »

Good afternoon Tony & Raz too!
Boy Sam, you're able to find the good in everything, huh?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #167 on: January 19, 2016, 02:28:48 PM »

One of the reasons we gotta keep him around.  Maintains balance in the Force...

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #168 on: January 19, 2016, 02:29:00 PM »

Nice. Waiting for my check from my mother's estate. A friend has a killer deal for me on a Browning A-Bolt in .338 WinMag...if the check arrives in time.
Deer. Elk. Moose. Bear. Bigfoot. Democrats. Wait, NSA? I was just kidding about that last one.

Properly loaded, it's an all-round rifle, but powerful enough, if needed, for the big animals that tend to hunt back.
LOL, Raz that is a monster caliber not a deer rifle if you wish to eat the bounty.
Hard for Raz to aim high other than straight up shooting out of a ditch like he does.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #169 on: January 19, 2016, 02:32:35 PM »

For deer, it must be loaded down. 185 grain bullet. Yadda, yadda. A lot of guys use them up here for deer. But no, you don't do it with factory loads and 250 grain bullets.
YADAYADAYADADADADA I have heard all that load it to anything chit before, right there with a 30-06 is perfect for all game in North America if you load your own.......YaDAyaDAyaDa range talk. 

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #170 on: January 19, 2016, 02:36:01 PM »

i wouldn't use it on pheasant or grouse.
Hi Flip.  What exactly is a Grouse?  I guess they are unpleasant little beasties as when people are complaining alot they are told to quit their grousing.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2016, 02:38:18 PM »

Well, not everything.  There's Obama...

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2016, 02:38:24 PM »

Hard for Raz to aim high other than straight up shooting out of a ditch like he does.
With a busted leg even.  That's going to be the hard part of this year's hunts...getting my leg properly broke with all the titanium in it.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #173 on: January 19, 2016, 02:38:44 PM »

Luuuke, I am not your father....

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2016, 02:39:39 PM »

Well, not everything.  There's Obama...
LMFAO, that would be a challenge to find some good there. >:(

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2016, 02:40:08 PM »

Luuuke, I am not your father....
No Bean so here it goes:  TNWSS

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2016, 02:46:16 PM »

For deer, it must be loaded down. 185 grain bullet. Yadda, yadda. A lot of guys use them up here for deer. But no, you don't do it with factory loads and 250 grain bullets.
YADAYADAYADADADADA I have heard all that load it to anything chit before, right there with a 30-06 is perfect for all game in North America if you load your own.......YaDAyaDAyaDa range talk.
Hell, if your a good enough aim, you can bring down just about anything in North America with a damn .22, but you better hit it juuussst right!  Wouldn't have believed it but saw a guy bring down a wild hog with a .38 revolver.  once in the head didn't do any thing byt piss it off, once in the eye and it dropped like a stone. 

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2016, 02:48:45 PM »

of course being cowardly/intelligent (choose your adjective) I was already halfway up the nearest tree.  biggest damn pig I ever saw!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2016, 02:50:31 PM »

Hell, if your a good enough aim, you can bring down just about anything in North America with a damn .22, but you better hit it juuussst right!  Wouldn't have believed it but saw a guy bring down a wild hog with a .38 revolver.  once in the head didn't do any thing byt piss it off, once in the eye and it dropped like a stone.
Anything is possible but I am a major believer in the correct tool (no funnies from the wise-asses please) for the job and I ain't pissing no bear off with a .22 or a 400 pound Ferrell hog with a .38 nor am I blasting a deer with a .338 magnum unless  I need him and nothing else to pop him with. That is why they make all those nice calibers!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2016, 02:59:23 PM »

Yeah, and at the same time the destructive capability of the big bullets is overblown too.  But my advisors have been doing this a long, long time all over Washington, Oregon, Montana and Alaska, and they know their chit.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18