« Reply #165 on: January 19, 2016, 02:25:51 PM »

@ Raz - AR ready for me to pick up!
Nice. Waiting for my check from my mother's estate. A friend has a killer deal for me on a Browning A-Bolt in .338 WinMag...if the check arrives in time.
What you huntin' with that .338?
Deer. Elk. Moose. Bear. Bigfoot. Democrats. Wait, NSA? I was just kidding about that last one.

Properly loaded, it's an all-round rifle, but powerful enough, if needed, for the big animals that tend to hunt back.
LOL, Raz that is a monster caliber not a deer rifle if you wish to eat the bounty.
Just aim high and take the head off.  Avoid the body shots.

« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2016, 02:26:44 PM »

Good afternoon Tony & Raz too!
Boy Sam, you're able to find the good in everything, huh?

« Reply #167 on: January 19, 2016, 02:28:48 PM »

Good afternoon Tony & Raz too!
Boy Sam, you're able to find the good in everything, huh?
One of the reasons we gotta keep him around.  Maintains balance in the Force...

« Reply #168 on: January 19, 2016, 02:29:00 PM »

@ Raz - AR ready for me to pick up!
Nice. Waiting for my check from my mother's estate. A friend has a killer deal for me on a Browning A-Bolt in .338 WinMag...if the check arrives in time.
What you huntin' with that .338?
Deer. Elk. Moose. Bear. Bigfoot. Democrats. Wait, NSA? I was just kidding about that last one.

Properly loaded, it's an all-round rifle, but powerful enough, if needed, for the big animals that tend to hunt back.
LOL, Raz that is a monster caliber not a deer rifle if you wish to eat the bounty.
Just aim high and take the head off.  Avoid the body shots.
Hard for Raz to aim high other than straight up shooting out of a ditch like he does.

« Reply #169 on: January 19, 2016, 02:32:35 PM »

@ Raz - AR ready for me to pick up!
Nice. Waiting for my check from my mother's estate. A friend has a killer deal for me on a Browning A-Bolt in .338 WinMag...if the check arrives in time.
What you huntin' with that .338?
Deer. Elk. Moose. Bear. Bigfoot. Democrats. Wait, NSA? I was just kidding about that last one.

Properly loaded, it's an all-round rifle, but powerful enough, if needed, for the big animals that tend to hunt back.
LOL, Raz that is a monster caliber not a deer rifle if you wish to eat the bounty.
For deer, it must be loaded down. 185 grain bullet. Yadda, yadda. A lot of guys use them up here for deer. But no, you don't do it with factory loads and 250 grain bullets.
YADAYADAYADADADADA I have heard all that load it to anything chit before, right there with a 30-06 is perfect for all game in North America if you load your own.......YaDAyaDAyaDa range talk.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/19/2016
« Reply #170 on: January 19, 2016, 02:36:01 PM »

@ Raz - AR ready for me to pick up!
Nice. Waiting for my check from my mother's estate. A friend has a killer deal for me on a Browning A-Bolt in .338 WinMag...if the check arrives in time.
What you huntin' with that .338?
Deer. Elk. Moose. Bear. Bigfoot. Democrats. Wait, NSA? I was just kidding about that last one.

Properly loaded, it's an all-round rifle, but powerful enough, if needed, for the big animals that tend to hunt back.
LOL, Raz that is a monster caliber not a deer rifle if you wish to eat the bounty.
i wouldn't use it on pheasant or grouse.
Hi Flip.  What exactly is a Grouse?  I guess they are unpleasant little beasties as when people are complaining alot they are told to quit their grousing.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/19/2016
« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2016, 02:38:18 PM »

Good afternoon Tony & Raz too!
Boy Sam, you're able to find the good in everything, huh?
Well, not everything.  There's Obama...

« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2016, 02:38:24 PM »

@ Raz - AR ready for me to pick up!
Nice. Waiting for my check from my mother's estate. A friend has a killer deal for me on a Browning A-Bolt in .338 WinMag...if the check arrives in time.
What you huntin' with that .338?
Deer. Elk. Moose. Bear. Bigfoot. Democrats. Wait, NSA? I was just kidding about that last one.

Properly loaded, it's an all-round rifle, but powerful enough, if needed, for the big animals that tend to hunt back.
LOL, Raz that is a monster caliber not a deer rifle if you wish to eat the bounty.
Just aim high and take the head off.  Avoid the body shots.
Hard for Raz to aim high other than straight up shooting out of a ditch like he does.
With a busted leg even.  That's going to be the hard part of this year's hunts...getting my leg properly broke with all the titanium in it.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/19/2016
« Reply #173 on: January 19, 2016, 02:38:44 PM »

Good afternoon Tony & Raz too!
Boy Sam, you're able to find the good in everything, huh?
One of the reasons we gotta keep him around.  Maintains balance in the Force...
Luuuke, I am not your father....

« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2016, 02:39:39 PM »

Good afternoon Tony & Raz too!
Boy Sam, you're able to find the good in everything, huh?
Well, not everything.  There's Obama...
LMFAO, that would be a challenge to find some good there. >:(

« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2016, 02:40:08 PM »

Good afternoon Tony & Raz too!
Boy Sam, you're able to find the good in everything, huh?
One of the reasons we gotta keep him around.  Maintains balance in the Force...
Luuuke, I am not your father....
No Bean so here it goes:  TNWSS
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/19/2016
« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2016, 02:46:16 PM »

[...]

Hell, if your a good enough aim, you can bring down just about anything in North America with a damn .22, but you better hit it juuussst right!  Wouldn't have believed it but saw a guy bring down a wild hog with a .38 revolver.  once in the head didn't do any thing byt piss it off, once in the eye and it dropped like a stone.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/19/2016
« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2016, 02:48:45 PM »

of course being cowardly/intelligent (choose your adjective) I was already halfway up the nearest tree.  biggest damn pig I ever saw!

« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2016, 02:50:31 PM »

[...]

Anything is possible but I am a major believer in the correct tool (no funnies from the wise-asses please) for the job and I ain't pissing no bear off with a .22 or a 400 pound Ferrell hog with a .38 nor am I blasting a deer with a .338 magnum unless  I need him and nothing else to pop him with. That is why they make all those nice calibers!

« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2016, 02:59:23 PM »

[...]

Yeah, and at the same time the destructive capability of the big bullets is overblown too.  But my advisors have been doing this a long, long time all over Washington, Oregon, Montana and Alaska, and they know their chit.