CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

Author Topic: 1/8/2016  (Read 42746 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 1/8/2016
« Reply #375 on: January 08, 2016, 08:37:47 PM »

While they often required tricking  the system and gaming I have never seen the kind of deals I have been able to take advantage of over the last 2 months.
I'm curious what you think of the Darumas
Never had but 1 a while back and it was pretty fresh but good.  Box was $120 FS.
They're on clearance at Atlantic, really low but the mutantes are gone except 5-packs
The PCs are $120/50, roxxos are below $80

Good prices for what they usually ask. Haven't had a Darumas though. Namakubis or Masters Collection... I'm in.
Daruma Gold are good, but stay away from Daruma unless you like Davidoff.  Namakubi are a great but very stout smoke.  MC's 1-3 are all solid.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #376 on: January 08, 2016, 08:39:19 PM »

Just got back from walking Nacho with a 3 Reynas corona, they get better the longer they sit, very good right now after a year or so
How many  boxes you have stocked?
I only bought 1 box, half left but cbid still has some
.Biz still has some Robusto's, $60 I think. 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #377 on: January 08, 2016, 08:39:20 PM »

While they often required tricking  the system and gaming I have never seen the kind of deals I have been able to take advantage of over the last 2 months.
Never had but 1 a while back and it was pretty fresh but good.  Box was $120 FS.
They're on clearance at Atlantic, really low but the mutantes are gone except 5-packs

Good prices for what they usually ask. Haven't had a Darumas though. Namakubis or Masters Collection... I'm in.
Daruma Gold are good, but stay away from Daruma unless you like Davidoff.  Namakubi are a great but very stout smoke.  MC's 1-3 are all solid.
If you can find them, San Andreas and HN are great.  Connecticut are also superior.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #378 on: January 08, 2016, 08:40:46 PM »

I loaded up on Namakubi's recently on a Famous mash using CATSRULE.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #379 on: January 08, 2016, 08:41:44 PM »

You're welcome    ;)
You certainly helped, enabling Bastige.
I can sleep contented.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #380 on: January 08, 2016, 08:42:30 PM »

If you can find them, San Andreas and HN are great.  Connecticut are also superior.
213C's on discontinued sale at .Biz but I am just not much of a Connie fan generally speaking but I picked up a box of regular 213's earlier.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #381 on: January 08, 2016, 08:43:04 PM »

Mail lady overwhelmed me with brown boxes today!

Btw, Wha'd ya git?
Box of Room 101 Daruma Lancero
Box of SL Oval Habano Corona
Mazo  of SL Oval Maduro
10 Partagas Black Label Corona
10 San Cristobal Elegancia Corona
Box (10) Buena Vista ::)
Daruma or Daruma Gold?
Cheaper ones, Gold
While not my favorite Room 101, Gold are far better than the Daruma.  To me they taste like mushroom/mold.  My least favorite Room 101.
Sounds like me and Buesos but the one I had (gold) was a little bit earthy but not extreme like a worm dirt Bueso.
Definitely don't try a regular Daruma then.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #382 on: January 08, 2016, 08:44:09 PM »

Connecticut are available on CI clearance.  Using 20% makes them a solid deal.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #383 on: January 08, 2016, 08:46:28 PM »

The new Room 101 release, Johnny Tobacconaut is a nice understated cigar.  Rather pricy however, think Matt is getting a little full of himself.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #384 on: January 08, 2016, 08:47:41 PM »

Curivari Reserva Limitada burning now.  Very nice.

sfish

« Reply #385 on: January 08, 2016, 08:47:46 PM »

Just got back from walking Nacho with a 3 Reynas corona, they get better the longer they sit, very good right now after a year or so
The coronas are what you want by all accounts

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #386 on: January 08, 2016, 08:48:04 PM »

Connecticut are available on CI clearance.  Using 20% makes them a solid deal.
$45 plus shipping at .Biz

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #387 on: January 08, 2016, 08:49:48 PM »

The new Room 101 release, Johnny Tobacconaut is a nice understated cigar.  Rather pricy however, think Matt is getting a little full of himself.
Yeah they are real pricey but I am watching for a deal when the new wears off.  There are some mighty fine smokes in that price range.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #388 on: January 08, 2016, 08:50:37 PM »

Still on my list. Have been meaning to get a couple at the B&M, but have been watching the rare showings on the bid 5ers...

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #389 on: January 08, 2016, 08:50:46 PM »

The coronas are what you want by all accounts
That is what I bought 2 boxes of for $54 each with $1 shipping.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29