Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #300 on: July 07, 2014, 09:25:35 PM »

FB any thoughts on the rapture? I thought it was a good cigar.
very good medium body smoke, sweet tobacco with a tad of spice.  Perfect burn and draw.
half way,  some cedar and cinnamon mixing in,  very nice Dave.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #301 on: July 07, 2014, 09:27:14 PM »

Anyone who has been to CF the last couple years & spent time with Banter BOTLs, watch this video & say who the Toyota forklift employee reminds you of, in voice, face & body type.
I haven't been to CF, I've only talked to one BOTL (Ken) on the phone, and I haven't looked ahead to see if you've already identified who you're talking about.  If I was going to just guess based on the personality as revealed in messages and posts, I'd guess Barry.  Guy in the video talks how I imagine Barry talks.
Nailed it, minus the tats, stretched earlobe & long beard.
I love when I'm right. Doesn't happen that often.
Funny thing about that, Raz. When I was at my first CF last year, I came out of the Galleria building and saw these two guys talking.  Never met them in person, but immediately "knew" who they were: Barry & CB/Mike.  As we were talking I saw these guys walking up the drive towards us, still 50 yds away and I said, "There's Dean & Jeff (Sooner)." Never met 'em before in my life.  But from that I realized that you really do get to know the guys here on the banter on one level or another.
you got me thinking. I am terrible at names, I always know people by face recognition. Here it's very different, meeting Marker and KC seemed natural after talking on the phone and seeing kc on his dvd's. I'm anxious to meet other BOTL from here.
That's it.  David, I hope you have a real nice vacation.  Safe travel, buddy.
thanx sly, I hope to post a few pix, we got wifi in the condo.
Oy, FB spells it "wifey".
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/7/2014
« Reply #302 on: July 07, 2014, 09:29:41 PM »

[...]
we don't want to post them pix.

« Reply #303 on: July 07, 2014, 09:33:36 PM »

WTF is the emoji that got put in my last post? Sheesh.
Some type of emoticon that did not take?? No idea, really!
It didn't show for you? Must be a Tapatalk thing. It was a little face wearing a busby hat.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/7/2014
« Reply #304 on: July 07, 2014, 09:35:06 PM »

[...]

« Reply #305 on: July 07, 2014, 09:39:23 PM »

Courtesy of Texas Steve, I get to try a Legado de Pepín, a couple of small Padrón Anniversaries, a couple of LGC Artesanos Retros Especiales ( I think that's what they are), a Camcho maduro corona, and an EPC New Wave.  All new to me. Score! Thanks, Steve.
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #306 on: July 07, 2014, 09:42:16 PM »

Courtesy of Texas Steve, I get to try a Legado de Pepín, a couple of small Padrón Anniversaries, a couple of LGC Artesanos Retros Especiales ( I think that's what they are), a Camcho maduro corona, and an EPC New Wave.  All new to me. Score! Thanks, Steve.
I hope you like them ! .
Logged

Johnny

« Reply #307 on: July 07, 2014, 09:42:38 PM »

Courtesy of Texas Steve, I get to try a Legado de Pepín, a couple of small Padrón Anniversaries, a couple of LGC Artesanos Retros Especiales ( I think that's what they are), a Camcho maduro corona, and an EPC New Wave.  All new to me. Score! Thanks, Steve.
Bret, those are all excellent smokes, enjoy.

« Reply #308 on: July 07, 2014, 09:43:38 PM »

And, I received a bunch of Nica Rusticas from CigarFed.  I am definitely about to encounter organizational issues in my humidor. I'm running out of sprawl space and I think I'm going to have to scrounge some empty boxes to maximize the use of vertical space.

« Reply #309 on: July 07, 2014, 09:45:33 PM »

Courtesy of Texas Steve, I get to try a Legado de Pepín, a couple of small Padrón Anniversaries, a couple of LGC Artesanos Retros Especiales ( I think that's what they are), a Camcho maduro corona, and an EPC New Wave.  All new to me. Score! Thanks, Steve.
Bret, those are all excellent smokes, enjoy.
Yeah, have heard y'all talk about many of them. Gonna give them a little time to recover from the trip from Texas. But looking forward to them.

« Reply #310 on: July 07, 2014, 09:46:58 PM »

Oh, and hiya Johnny. Keep an eye out for PM's from me.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/7/2014
« Reply #311 on: July 07, 2014, 09:46:59 PM »

Courtesy of Texas Steve, I get to try a Legado de Pepín, a couple of small Padrón Anniversaries, a couple of LGC Artesanos Retros Especiales ( I think that's what they are), a Camcho maduro corona, and an EPC New Wave.  All new to me. Score! Thanks, Steve.
Padron are a special smoke and it's been a long time, but the Retros were all that about two years ago.

« Reply #312 on: July 07, 2014, 09:48:56 PM »

Oy, I don't know where you get these pictures. But if I ever find out I'm going to terror bomb the source.
Logged

Johnny

« Reply #313 on: July 07, 2014, 09:49:22 PM »

Oh, and hiya Johnny. Keep an eye out for PM's from me.
Will do Bret.

« Reply #314 on: July 07, 2014, 09:49:58 PM »

Courtesy of Texas Steve, I get to try a Legado de Pepín, a couple of small Padrón Anniversaries, a couple of LGC Artesanos Retros Especiales ( I think that's what they are), a Camcho maduro corona, and an EPC New Wave.  All new to me. Score! Thanks, Steve.
I hope you like them ! .
Sheesh, I think you out-gifted me, dammit.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24