dwgbryant

« Reply #270 on: July 07, 2014, 08:53:44 PM »

calling it a night.

« Reply #271 on: July 07, 2014, 08:55:02 PM »

Anyone who has been to CF the last couple years & spent time with Banter BOTLs, watch this video & say who the Toyota forklift employee reminds you of, in voice, face & body type.
I haven't been to CF, I've only talked to one BOTL (Ken) on the phone, and I haven't looked ahead to see if you've already identified who you're talking about.  If I was going to just guess based on the personality as revealed in messages and posts, I'd guess Barry.  Guy in the video talks how I imagine Barry talks.
Nailed it, minus the tats, stretched earlobe & long beard.
I love when I'm right. Doesn't happen that often.
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #272 on: July 07, 2014, 08:55:39 PM »

calling it a night.
What's the rush ? , have a great night dean ! .
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/7/2014
« Reply #273 on: July 07, 2014, 08:55:40 PM »

Evening, men.  Guess I'll smoke a cigar.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #274 on: July 07, 2014, 08:56:23 PM »

Sorry for the brief drop in.  Dinner's in the oven & I just have to nap a little do I can watch the Nats vs Orioles this eve.  See you later.
Beat them O's! later Sly
Kind of a pitcher's duel, Strasburg making a mistake with Nelson Cruz.  But Nats just tied it up with a hit by Span & HR by Rendon. Top of the seventh in this Battle of the Beltways.
Logged

Johnny

« Reply #275 on: July 07, 2014, 08:57:22 PM »

calling it a night.
G'nite Dean.
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #276 on: July 07, 2014, 08:58:24 PM »

Evening, men.  Guess I'll smoke a cigar.
Good evening Will ! .
Logged

Johnny

« Reply #277 on: July 07, 2014, 08:59:01 PM »

Evening, men.  Guess I'll smoke a cigar.
Evening Will, DL Africa going here.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #278 on: July 07, 2014, 09:00:46 PM »

FB any thoughts on the rapture? I thought it was a good cigar.
very good medium body smoke, sweet tobacco with a tad of spice.  Perfect burn and draw.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #279 on: July 07, 2014, 09:02:30 PM »

calling it a night.
Hi and bye,  Deano.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #280 on: July 07, 2014, 09:03:28 PM »

Evening, men.  Guess I'll smoke a cigar.
Hey Will
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #281 on: July 07, 2014, 09:04:51 PM »

Anyone who has been to CF the last couple years & spent time with Banter BOTLs, watch this video & say who the Toyota forklift employee reminds you of, in voice, face & body type.
I haven't been to CF, I've only talked to one BOTL (Ken) on the phone, and I haven't looked ahead to see if you've already identified who you're talking about.  If I was going to just guess based on the personality as revealed in messages and posts, I'd guess Barry.  Guy in the video talks how I imagine Barry talks.
Nailed it, minus the tats, stretched earlobe & long beard.
I love when I'm right. Doesn't happen that often.
Funny thing about that, Raz. When I was at my first CF last year, I came out of the Galleria building and saw these two guys talking.  Never met them in person, but immediately "knew" who they were: Barry & CB/Mike.  As we were talking I saw these guys walking up the drive towards us, still 50 yds away and I said, "There's Dean & Jeff (Sooner)." Never met 'em before in my life.  But from that I realized that you really do get to know the guys here on the banter on one level or another.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #282 on: July 07, 2014, 09:06:26 PM »

About to smoke a hex robusto.
From the makers website: Sindicato described the blend as "A unique and special cigar made from aged rare tobaccos carefully selected and blended in Condega, Nicaragua.  The wrapper is a rich, dark Ecuadorian Habano wrapper crafted by the finest torcedors to create an unforgettable smoking experience."
I can agree. Slight pepper. Excellent burn. The wrapper has a taste like Pennsylvania Broadleaf. This is not what it is, but to me that flavor is there. Very good cigar, so far in the first third.
Flavors of dark,heavy wood and dark chocolate. Ash holding for over an inch. Smoke coats the mouth with a sweet finish that lasts a while. I never even looked at how much these cost. I guess I will do that shortly.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #283 on: July 07, 2014, 09:11:33 PM »

[...]
All this is at an event with 3,000 attendees on that day.  It was around noon.  Then we called Ken to make sure of his daughter's name & spelling, so Shorty Rossi could personally autograph his book that Dean bought for Ken's daughter.  So Ken was present to the group ... by phone.  It was really cool.  So you being able to "imagine" how Barry might speak is not too far fetched.
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #284 on: July 07, 2014, 09:11:49 PM »

Hex Robusto

Product details

Customer Reviews

Send to friend