CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: 9/3/2015  (Read 31920 times)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 9/3/2015
« Reply #195 on: September 03, 2015, 01:08:38 PM »

Good morning gents.....
Morning Not Car Shopping Dad
I've been waiting for salesmen to call me with some quotes, but I've found out that I'm having phone problems and can not receive calls on my land line (the number I gave to the salesmen.)  So I haven't heard from anyone.  My wife is off today and tomorrow, and I was hoping to go shopping tomorrow, but my wife's sick.
Go alone and get the deal firm, then bring the little lady to pick the color.
The salesman I'm dealing with (or trying to deal with) is off on Thursdays.  There are two cars I want, one has the basics that I want, but has been sold.  They said they would find another.  The other cars costs $1,500 more and has a moonroof, push button start, and I can get it now.  I really like that, but the more that I think about it, moonroof's normally always leak and will need to be repaired.  As far as the push button start, "what do you do if you press the button and it doesn't start..?"  Is the problem the battery, the button, the switch on the break (you have to step on the break to start the car), would you try and jump it...?  So now it sounds like for $1,500 I can even more problems in the future... ugh..!
You are talking about 1970's custom installed moonroofs.  I have not heard of any problem with moonroofs leaking in the past 25 years or so. (unless you leave them open when it is raining).   Button starts have also be around for years without any mechanical problem.  The major issue is that people forget to push the button to turn them off, and leave the car running, which may be an issue with your warden from what you say.
I believe the salesman said, "If some one would steal your car while it's running, the engine will die as soon as it gets out of range of the key fob.."
That's good.  Not all cars have that feature.
also car beeps, if you try to lock the doors, with a keyfob in the car.
The salesman tossed the key fob into the trunk and locked it.  The trunked beeped and popped back open.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #196 on: September 03, 2015, 01:20:12 PM »

Good morning gents.....
I've been waiting for salesmen to call me with some quotes, but I've found out that I'm having phone problems and can not receive calls on my land line (the number I gave to the salesmen.)  So I haven't heard from anyone.  My wife is off today and tomorrow, and I was hoping to go shopping tomorrow, but my wife's sick.
The salesman I'm dealing with (or trying to deal with) is off on Thursdays.  There are two cars I want, one has the basics that I want, but has been sold.  They said they would find another.  The other cars costs $1,500 more and has a moonroof, push button start, and I can get it now.  I really like that, but the more that I think about it, moonroof's normally always leak and will need to be repaired.  As far as the push button start, "what do you do if you press the button and it doesn't start..?"  Is the problem the battery, the button, the switch on the break (you have to step on the break to start the car), would you try and jump it...?  So now it sounds like for $1,500 I can even more problems in the future... ugh..!
I wouldn't be sh of the roof.  Mine has help up for 9 years in North Dakota weather, so you should be good in MO.  As a note, they service it(lube/inspect it/etc) with all mileage incremental services.
This one completely opens.  Now I guess I shouldn't have told my wife that bats fly into them at night.
They all do, either tilt or open.  Only difference between "moonroof" and "sunroof" is that sunroof is made of metal and moonroof is glass.
Oh, you mean you can open a moonroof during the day?  I thought it only worked at night! ::)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #197 on: September 03, 2015, 01:21:13 PM »

Good morning gents.....
You are talking about 1970's custom installed moonroofs.  I have not heard of any problem with moonroofs leaking in the past 25 years or so. (unless you leave them open when it is raining).   Button starts have also be around for years without any mechanical problem.  The major issue is that people forget to push the button to turn them off, and leave the car running, which may be an issue with your warden from what you say.
Warden parked hers at work one morning and went out to go somewhere at lunch and it was still sitting there  running.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #198 on: September 03, 2015, 01:21:21 PM »

I hate to keep bringing this up, but last night my ex-sister-in-law called (texted on my cell phone), to tell me she had received a letter from her car insurance company that needed to be signed and returned in order for them to do a credit check.  I can see having a credit check if you are taking out a loan, or getting a credit card, but not for paying for services.  Again, I do believe there is something to your car insurance rates being tied to your credit scores.
Was there some doubt? In the previous discussion, we noted that some states prohibit it, and that it doesn't outweigh a DUI. But yeah, they're using your credit rating.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #199 on: September 03, 2015, 01:22:19 PM »

I hate to keep bringing this up, but last night my ex-sister-in-law called (texted on my cell phone), to tell me she had received a letter from her car insurance company that needed to be signed and returned in order for them to do a credit check.  I can see having a credit check if you are taking out a loan, or getting a credit card, but not for paying for services.  Again, I do believe there is something to your car insurance rates being tied to your credit scores.
and whether or not the moon was in the seventh house when you were born.  never under estimate the importance of astrology.  8)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #200 on: September 03, 2015, 01:23:29 PM »

Flo is here to answer that question for you today.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #201 on: September 03, 2015, 01:24:03 PM »

Good morning gents.....
Warden parked hers at work one morning and went out to go somewhere at lunch and it was still sitting there  running.
this has to burn an interesting amount of gas.  also car beeps if you open the door while engine is running.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #202 on: September 03, 2015, 01:24:39 PM »

Was there some doubt? In the previous discussion, we noted that some states prohibit it, and that it doesn't outweigh a DUI. But yeah, they're using your credit rating.
Thank You Raz, maybe it will take today but I give up.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #203 on: September 03, 2015, 01:25:47 PM »

Good morning gents.....
this has to burn an interesting amount of gas.  also car beeps if you open the door while engine is running.
Hers does not beep as long as the key is outside the vehicle, I left it running one time too but I don't drive it very often and that time only ran for about 10 minutes while I went into a store.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #204 on: September 03, 2015, 01:26:59 PM »

Thank You Raz, maybe it will take today but I give up.
Now be nice, Tex. Dad's got a lot on his mind and was typing out his woes at the time. This is group therapy, after all.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #205 on: September 03, 2015, 01:27:19 PM »

I always thought messages from cars should be "context sensitive".  if you have just started the car, the simple, "door is ajar", seems OK.  Doing 65mph on the highway, and the message should be, "What are you nuts? Close the fucking door!"

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #206 on: September 03, 2015, 01:37:12 PM »

I e-mail Cigars International and told them I had a problem with their Wack-A-Deal at the end of my purchase.  Basically all items had $xxx.xx and didn't display any prices. They thanked me for bringing it to their attention and said the problem has been corrected.  If you still see it, they suggest clearing the Cache and history from your web browser.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #207 on: September 03, 2015, 01:37:51 PM »

and whether or not the moon was in the seventh house when you were born.  never under estimate the importance of astrology.  8)
Get full use of it in the coming months as we had a blue moon last month and a super moon that just finished followed by one each of the next two months.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #208 on: September 03, 2015, 01:39:00 PM »

I must have left early and missed the end of the story... oops.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #209 on: September 03, 2015, 01:40:02 PM »

I e-mail Cigars International and told them I had a problem with their Wack-A-Deal at the end of my purchase.  Basically all items had $xxx.xx and didn't display any prices. They thanked me for bringing it to their attention and said the problem has been corrected.  If you still see it, they suggest clearing the Cache and history from your web browser.
Did they offer to let you buy the Kuba Kuba's or whatever it was as the whack-a-price?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21