CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21

Author Topic: 9/3/2015  (Read 31930 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 9/3/2015
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2015, 11:24:20 AM »

Good morning gents.....
Morning Not Car Shopping Dad

sfish

« Reply #151 on: September 03, 2015, 11:34:14 AM »

While not part of the 20%, this might be a good thing to put in your order.
Nice vitola sampler:
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/search/?q=Crowned+Heads+La+Imperiosa+Sampler
Nice sampler, have you tried the line yet?
Link does not work for me
Well then, none for you!!!

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #152 on: September 03, 2015, 11:36:01 AM »

Unusual phone (landline) problem.  If you call my house, you will receive on ring and that's it.  It's as thou your call has gone into a call blocker.  On my end, I do not get a ring, so I'll never know you called.  Thinking the answering machine may be messed up and is picking up the line, I disconnected everything.  Called my house on my cell, and again, one ring then dead silence.  I still have an old 1960's phone, so I plug it in, and it's the only phone connected. I call my number, one ring, then silence.  But my cell phone still shows I'm connected.  I pick up the old phone, and I'm on line to my cell phone (the line is open.)  I haven't tried it yet, but if you call my house, I'll never know it, and the line is open.  Now I'm wondering if the phones transmitter is transferring what's said to the calling party...?  Let me know if you have any thoughts while I make a tin foil hat.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2015, 11:37:30 AM »

Nice vitola sampler:
Link does not work for me
must be that new password!
hello boys ;D

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2015, 11:38:46 AM »

Good morning gents.....
I've been waiting for salesmen to call me with some quotes, but I've found out that I'm having phone problems and can not receive calls on my land line (the number I gave to the salesmen.)  So I haven't heard from anyone.  My wife is off today and tomorrow, and I was hoping to go shopping tomorrow, but my wife's sick.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #155 on: September 03, 2015, 11:42:25 AM »

Good morning gents.....
I've been waiting for salesmen to call me with some quotes, but I've found out that I'm having phone problems and can not receive calls on my land line (the number I gave to the salesmen.)  So I haven't heard from anyone.  My wife is off today and tomorrow, and I was hoping to go shopping tomorrow, but my wife's sick.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #156 on: September 03, 2015, 11:43:56 AM »

Nice vitola sampler:
Yes, I picked up two boxes early on.  Would say I lean to the Toro and Corona Gorda  (yea, surprise, surprise)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #157 on: September 03, 2015, 11:46:19 AM »

Unusual phone (landline) problem.  If you call my house, you will receive on ring and that's it.  It's as thou your call has gone into a call blocker.  On my end, I do not get a ring, so I'll never know you called.  Thinking the answering machine may be messed up and is picking up the line, I disconnected everything.  Called my house on my cell, and again, one ring then dead silence.  I still have an old 1960's phone, so I plug it in, and it's the only phone connected. I call my number, one ring, then silence.  But my cell phone still shows I'm connected.  I pick up the old phone, and I'm on line to my cell phone (the line is open.)  I haven't tried it yet, but if you call my house, I'll never know it, and the line is open.  Now I'm wondering if the phones transmitter is transferring what's said to the calling party...?  Let me know if you have any thoughts while I make a tin foil hat.
Get a phone from this century.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2015, 11:46:53 AM »

It will all be corrected when you get the Bluetooth link in your new car sync d.  Either that or the analog phone not being able to process the type of digital signal your carrier is using.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #159 on: September 03, 2015, 11:48:15 AM »

Good morning gents.....
Go alone and get the deal firm, then bring the little lady to pick the color.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #160 on: September 03, 2015, 11:48:54 AM »

Good morning gents.....
I do feel overloaded...!  Need a car and salesmen can't call, too hot outside to go car shopping, wife has laryngitis and is sick, and we're out of bread...!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #161 on: September 03, 2015, 11:49:09 AM »

Nice vitola sampler:
I half expected this to be a link to Atlantic.
Hah! ......
.....backordered there.... ::)
within a dollar of the same price anyway.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #162 on: September 03, 2015, 11:50:13 AM »

Good morning gents.....
Well, clearly you need to call them to follow up....and use your cell.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #163 on: September 03, 2015, 11:51:17 AM »

Good morning gents.....
I do feel overloaded...!  Need a car and salesmen can't call, too hot outside to go car shopping, wife has laryngitis and is sick, and we're out of bread...!
LMFAO what the hell better time to take her to look at cars than when she can't talk???

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #164 on: September 03, 2015, 11:53:16 AM »

Get a phone from this century.
You can use an old phone the same as a telephone repairmans handset for trouble shooting.  I still need to check the box on the side of my house, but this sounds more like a phone tap.  When you call, and their are no devices on my end, who or what is picking up the phone to cause an open line..?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21