BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/31/2015
« Reply #195 on: August 31, 2015, 02:13:18 PM »

What's this world coming to? Joe's been turned into a normal working guy?

It's the end of days.  Hey there, Scott... been meaning to get in touch with you about a beer swap.  Need me some Warlock and other assorted ST beers!
Sounds good, those are in full swing here now

I'm told our larger chains actually will get in Pumking but I've never seen it.  Not sure how just one of their beers shows up but the rest don't.  Shoot me some requests some time and we'll work something out.

PumKing is available in 12oz.- 4 packs this year...

« Reply #196 on: August 31, 2015, 02:13:47 PM »

Good morning, all!  Had to do some work on the computer this morning, figured I'd sign in and say hello.  Mondays off, gotta love it.  El Triunfador robusto going...

Hey there, Joe. How's the good life?

At least put it up for vote, ya know?  Slip it in somewhere on the ballot.

'Tis a different life, that's for sure.  No drinking or smoking at work, can't leave because I feel like it and I don't have anything else to do.  Taxpayers sure are demanding with where their money goes, sheesh.

Ha. The nerve.

Damn, forgot how to use this site...

I don't know... you got 2 posts out of it. So, the pwing still has potential.
Doesn't look like he missed a step, does it?

« Reply #197 on: August 31, 2015, 02:14:19 PM »

What's this world coming to? Joe's been turned into a normal working guy?

It's the end of days.  Hey there, Scott... been meaning to get in touch with you about a beer swap.  Need me some Warlock and other assorted ST beers!
Sounds good, those are in full swing here now

I'm told our larger chains actually will get in Pumking but I've never seen it.  Not sure how just one of their beers shows up but the rest don't.  Shoot me some requests some time and we'll work something out.
The Warlock and Mokah are out in force, the Choklat Oranj is really good also. I don't even know what to request except for Sin Tax

« Reply #198 on: August 31, 2015, 02:14:28 PM »

Afternoon, all. Super-duper Monday for me so far.  :-\

Weekend was very good, and after this week, I'll be off until the 15th. So, I have that going for me... which is nice.
Got anything special planned?

Heading to Savannah/Tybee Is. for Labor day weekend. The rest is just a low key stay-cation on the lake. Just have to pressure wash and re-seal the deck between cigars and cocktails.
Family or friends on Tybee or just a getaway for two?

Brother in Savannah. Day trip to the island. Go to River street on day. Couple meals out. Pretty much walk most places. He's right down town.
Historical River area is a neat place.  We are going to Hilton Head for a few days in early November.

We go to Hilton Head quite a bit as well. Although, not this year... yet. ;) We stay at the southern end. Guardhouse entrance keeps site seeing traffic down to a minimum. Lot's of bike riding paths too... or horses if you prefer.
We went there regularly when we lived in SC but have not been in a few years.  We are actually doing some preliminary looking at places to retire on this trip then up to Myrtle Beach for our Son's' birthday.

We like it a lot. It's not as ultra exclusive as Kiawah Is. (S. of Charleston), but is very private. We have been the only people on the beach at times.
We have waited till this trip to go to HH in order to avoid the major tourist crowds, place is the chits in the summer when school is our or at spring break, wait a minute though every place including here is the chits for spring break now. Made a few visits to Kiawah and it is a really nice place,  would  luv to retire there but with the low end being $500,000 for a 1000 sq ft bungalow in the swamp it is out of my budget.

« Reply #199 on: August 31, 2015, 02:14:35 PM »

back to work for a while, take care guys...
Off to take a nap after that sandwich.

« Reply #200 on: August 31, 2015, 02:14:57 PM »

Busy day finally done with now, sheesh on doing work. Hazzuh!

« Reply #201 on: August 31, 2015, 02:17:38 PM »

What's this world coming to? Joe's been turned into a normal working guy?

It's the end of days.  Hey there, Scott... been meaning to get in touch with you about a beer swap.  Need me some Warlock and other assorted ST beers!
Sounds good, those are in full swing here now

I'm told our larger chains actually will get in Pumking but I've never seen it.  Not sure how just one of their beers shows up but the rest don't.  Shoot me some requests some time and we'll work something out.

PumKing is available in 12oz.- 4 packs this year...
You're right, I remember seeing that now. Slightly less ABV from what I remember

« Reply #202 on: August 31, 2015, 02:17:53 PM »

[...]

Played a course on Kiawah one year when we went to Charleston instead of HH, beautiful there
Nice enough for the Ryder Cup.

« Reply #203 on: August 31, 2015, 02:18:00 PM »

What's this world coming to? Joe's been turned into a normal working guy?

It's the end of days.  Hey there, Scott... been meaning to get in touch with you about a beer swap.  Need me some Warlock and other assorted ST beers!
Sounds good, those are in full swing here now

I'm told our larger chains actually will get in Pumking but I've never seen it.  Not sure how just one of their beers shows up but the rest don't.  Shoot me some requests some time and we'll work something out.
The Warlock and Mokah are out in force, the Choklat Oranj is really good also. I don't even know what to request except for Sin Tax
You ought to get him a DuClaw Mad Bishop or one of the Brooklyn Brewery offerings.

« Reply #204 on: August 31, 2015, 02:18:44 PM »

And speaking of GA and the Ryder Cup:

PGA golfer and 2016 U.S. Ryder Cup captain Davis Love III, who last week became the third-oldest tour winner with a victory at the Wyndham Championship, has listed his home in St. Simons Island, Ga., for sale at $5.15 million..

Known as Sinclair Farms, the equestrian estate sits on more than five acres with a 10,253-square-foot main house, a horse barn, stables and 354 feet of marsh frontage.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #205 on: August 31, 2015, 02:25:19 PM »

What's this world coming to? Joe's been turned into a normal working guy?

It's the end of days.  Hey there, Scott... been meaning to get in touch with you about a beer swap.  Need me some Warlock and other assorted ST beers!
Sounds good, those are in full swing here now

I'm told our larger chains actually will get in Pumking but I've never seen it.  Not sure how just one of their beers shows up but the rest don't.  Shoot me some requests some time and we'll work something out.
The Warlock and Mokah are out in force, the Choklat Oranj is really good also. I don't even know what to request except for Sin Tax

Definitely some Choklat Oranj too!  Maybe two Warlock, Oranj, and a Mokah?  I could do a couple SinTax and get some others to chime in on some other highly recommended SD beers.

« Reply #206 on: August 31, 2015, 02:25:23 PM »

Stupid workaference. Howdy Joe. Nice to see you again.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #207 on: August 31, 2015, 02:26:02 PM »

What's this world coming to? Joe's been turned into a normal working guy?

It's the end of days.  Hey there, Scott... been meaning to get in touch with you about a beer swap.  Need me some Warlock and other assorted ST beers!
Sounds good, those are in full swing here now

I'm told our larger chains actually will get in Pumking but I've never seen it.  Not sure how just one of their beers shows up but the rest don't.  Shoot me some requests some time and we'll work something out.
The Warlock and Mokah are out in force, the Choklat Oranj is really good also. I don't even know what to request except for Sin Tax

Definitely some Choklat Oranj too!  Maybe two Warlock, Oranj, and a Mokah?  I could do a couple SinTax and get some others to chime in on some other highly recommended SD beers.

So that would be four total.  2x Warlock and one each of the others?

« Reply #208 on: August 31, 2015, 02:26:48 PM »

As for San Diego Beers.....how about Rip Current Hazardous Hazelnut Porter, Zumbar Dark Chocolate Imperial Coffee Stout, Ayinger Oktober Fest-Märzen, AleSmith Anvil Ale ESB,  The Lost Abbey Avant Garde, The Bruery's Autumn Maple,

« Reply #209 on: August 31, 2015, 02:27:39 PM »

Off to another meetin'