CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23

Author Topic: 8/31/2015  (Read 35320 times)

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
Re: 8/31/2015
« Reply #180 on: August 31, 2015, 02:01:44 PM »

Good morning, all!  Had to do some work on the computer this morning, figured I'd sign in and say hello.  Mondays off, gotta love it.  El Triunfador robusto going...

Hey there, Joe. How's the good life?

'Tis a different life, that's for sure.  No drinking or smoking at work, can't leave because I feel like it and I don't have anything else to do.  Taxpayers sure are demanding with where their money goes, sheesh.
before you were, like in a country club, where they paid you to come in and banter.  there is no gravity, life sucks!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #181 on: August 31, 2015, 02:02:03 PM »

What's this world coming to? Joe's been turned into a normal working guy?

It's the end of days.  Hey there, Scott... been meaning to get in touch with you about a beer swap.  Need me some Warlock and other assorted ST beers!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #182 on: August 31, 2015, 02:02:40 PM »

Lets not get carried away, he's working normal HOURS is all.

sfish

« Reply #183 on: August 31, 2015, 02:03:30 PM »

Afternoon, all. Super-duper Monday for me so far.  :-\

Weekend was very good, and after this week, I'll be off until the 15th. So, I have that going for me... which is nice.
Got anything special planned?

Heading to Savannah/Tybee Is. for Labor day weekend. The rest is just a low key stay-cation on the lake. Just have to pressure wash and re-seal the deck between cigars and cocktails.
Family or friends on Tybee or just a getaway for two?

Brother in Savannah. Day trip to the island. Go to River street on day. Couple meals out. Pretty much walk most places. He's right down town.
Historical River area is a neat place.  We are going to Hilton Head for a few days in early November.
I love Hilton Head, used to go on a guys golf trip every year and see the final round of The Heritage

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #184 on: August 31, 2015, 02:03:45 PM »

Weekend was very good, and after this week, I'll be off until the 15th. So, I have that going for me... which is nice.

Heading to Savannah/Tybee Is. for Labor day weekend. The rest is just a low key stay-cation on the lake. Just have to pressure wash and re-seal the deck between cigars and cocktails.

Brother in Savannah. Day trip to the island. Go to River street on day. Couple meals out. Pretty much walk most places. He's right down town.
Sounds good.  Don't schedule too much on Saturday, football starts.  Don't know who you follow, but Georgia vs. ULM at 12:00, Clemson vs. Wofford at 12:30, Tech vs. Alcorn St. at 7:30, and a couple of real games, TCU vs. Minnesota at 9:00, Louisville vs Auburn at 3:30, Arizona St. vs Texas A&M at 7:00, Texas vs. Notre Dame at 7:30  and  Wisconsin vs. Alabama at GerryWorld at 8:00.

Can't wait for Saturday!  Thursday night technically.  Real deal is Monday night... OSU vs VaTech, in Blacksburg!
You're right, actually Georgia Tech and TCU games are on Thursday.  There are also three Friday games.  And yea, I left the Monday game for you.

If our delusions of a BCS bowl appearance are gonna get shattered, may as well make it week one.  But ya never know... we beat 'em last year.  Night game, at home, there's a chance.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #185 on: August 31, 2015, 02:03:48 PM »

If you could call Monday's off normal hours...

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #186 on: August 31, 2015, 02:03:51 PM »

Sounds good.  Don't schedule too much on Saturday, football starts.  Don't know who you follow, but Georgia vs. ULM at 12:00, Clemson vs. Wofford at 12:30, Tech vs. Alcorn St. at 7:30, and a couple of real games, TCU vs. Minnesota at 9:00, Louisville vs Auburn at 3:30, Arizona St. vs Texas A&M at 7:00, Texas vs. Notre Dame at 7:30  and  Wisconsin vs. Alabama at JerryWorld at 8:00.

Ah, yeah. I'm ready. Couple good matchups, but typically week 1 has the cream puffs on the schedule for the bigger conferences... but football is football!
And some are not even quality cream puffs! 

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #187 on: August 31, 2015, 02:04:00 PM »

Nobody has ever accused Joe of being normal, don't start now!  8)

sfish

« Reply #188 on: August 31, 2015, 02:04:13 PM »

It's the end of days.  Hey there, Scott... been meaning to get in touch with you about a beer swap.  Need me some Warlock and other assorted ST beers!
Sounds good, those are in full swing here now

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #189 on: August 31, 2015, 02:06:26 PM »

I'm told our larger chains actually will get in Pumking but I've never seen it.  Not sure how just one of their beers shows up but the rest don't.  Shoot me some requests some time and we'll work something out.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #190 on: August 31, 2015, 02:07:24 PM »

why go to all that trouble packing the beer, and mailing it out.  Just drink it, and tell him what it tasted like, hell call him up and burp in the phone. :P

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #191 on: August 31, 2015, 02:07:29 PM »

If you could call Monday's off normal hours...

4/10 schedule is kinda nice.  Not so bad Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but by Friday afternoon productivity is lacking in the office, to say the least. 

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #192 on: August 31, 2015, 02:08:20 PM »

Historical River area is a neat place.  We are going to Hilton Head for a few days in early November.

We go to Hilton Head quite a bit as well. Although, not this year... yet. ;) We stay at the southern end. Guardhouse entrance keeps site seeing traffic down to a minimum. Lot's of bike riding paths too... or horses if you prefer.
We went there regularly when we lived in SC but have not been in a few years.  We are actually doing some preliminary looking at places to retire on this trip then up to Myrtle Beach for our Son's' birthday.

We like it a lot. It's not as ultra exclusive as Kiawah Is. (S. of Charleston), but is very private. We have been the only people on the beach at times.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #193 on: August 31, 2015, 02:09:41 PM »

back to work for a while, take care guys...

sfish

« Reply #194 on: August 31, 2015, 02:12:36 PM »

We go to Hilton Head quite a bit as well. Although, not this year... yet. ;) We stay at the southern end. Guardhouse entrance keeps site seeing traffic down to a minimum. Lot's of bike riding paths too... or horses if you prefer.
We went there regularly when we lived in SC but have not been in a few years.  We are actually doing some preliminary looking at places to retire on this trip then up to Myrtle Beach for our Son's' birthday.

We like it a lot. It's not as ultra exclusive as Kiawah Is. (S. of Charleston), but is very private. We have been the only people on the beach at times.
Played a course on Kiawah one year when we went to Charleston instead of HH, beautiful there
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23