CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: 8/25/2015  (Read 21593 times)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 8/25/2015
« Reply #165 on: August 25, 2015, 01:41:59 PM »

Nice balmy 96 degrees here at 12:30.
It's 74 here in St. Louis.  Windows open and attic fan going.  Just right for smoking a cigar indoors...!

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #166 on: August 25, 2015, 01:47:36 PM »

Afternoon Flash sale at Cigar Federation:

http://store.cigarfederation.com/collections/exclusive-email-flash-sale?mc_cid=78638bd36a&mc_eid=a225de8473
What a bunch of BULL SHIT! Nuts! This Product is Out of Stock......on any decent cigar. The other crap was more money than a Jam price, even with the $3 off per cigar.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #167 on: August 25, 2015, 01:50:31 PM »

http://store.cigarfederation.com/collections/exclusive-email-flash-sale?mc_cid=78638bd36a&mc_eid=a225de8473
What a bunch of BULL SHIT! Nuts! This Product is Out of Stock......on any decent cigar. The other crap was more money than a Jam price, even with the $3 off per cigar.
So it is not a good deal?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #168 on: August 25, 2015, 02:09:20 PM »

I just finished up the breakfast dishes, and made a batch of pink lemonade, so I thought I'd take a 10 minute break before doing the vacuuming ...  Oh, I bought a bottle of Simply Limeade (with 12% juice) for 2 for $5 and it's really good.  Even with a splash of gin..!  But I found out that the no name Shop n' Save frozen Lemonade with 15% juice, 4 for $3, fits exactly into the Simply Limeade bottle at more than half the cost...  There, that's my Mr. house wife tip of the day.. :)
.....when life gives you lemons
...make Martinis.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #169 on: August 25, 2015, 02:11:08 PM »

It's time for me to finish the housework.  bbl.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #170 on: August 25, 2015, 02:18:36 PM »

Cigar Tip about Famous Cigar Auction:
-------------------------------------------

I bet I was the only one that didn't know this, ugh...!  After being pissed about my $8.00 cigar I won on Famous Auction, I asked them about the shipping:

Please go under ‘My Account’ and scroll down to ‘Consolidate.’ You may consolidate your orders to go out ‘every Monday’ all auctions won by you from Tuesday to Monday morning will be sent out together with one shipping charge.

Now I know why those guys are bidding on 1 or 2 single cigars out of lots of 10.  I could be filling my basket with various single cigars and only have the one shipping charge....  I think that's how it works..?
Now you got it.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #171 on: August 25, 2015, 02:20:49 PM »

Howdy gents, and I do mean howdy.....
Check out that Mazda 3 yet?
No...  I guess I should check them out first before judging them, but I sort of have myself convinced they have that sports ride that connects you to the ground, and that's what that Toyota Corolla S(ports) Plus had on it, and I could feel every little imperfection in the road.  And I wasn't too hot on that.  We're hoping to go looking at the Honda Civic this weekend, but I'm wondering if we should wait another week and see if there's a big Labor Day Sale.  I don't think Honda is offering any rebates at the moment.  But they did last month, so I'm hoping they will again on Labor Day.
No kidding...!!!  After messaging KC about Hyundia and Kia, now I'm scared of those companies too.
Well, they are actually the same company.  Yea, there are some issues, but overall the cars perform well for the price range and look good.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #172 on: August 25, 2015, 02:21:09 PM »

Cigar Tip about Famous Cigar Auction:
-------------------------------------------

I bet I was the only one that didn't know this, ugh...!  After being pissed about my $8.00 cigar I won on Famous Auction, I asked them about the shipping:

Please go under ‘My Account’ and scroll down to ‘Consolidate.’ You may consolidate your orders to go out ‘every Monday’ all auctions won by you from Tuesday to Monday morning will be sent out together with one shipping charge.

Now I know why those guys are bidding on 1 or 2 single cigars out of lots of 10.  I could be filling my basket with various single cigars and only have the one shipping charge....  I think that's how it works..?
Now you got it.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #173 on: August 25, 2015, 02:21:51 PM »

No...  I guess I should check them out first before judging them, but I sort of have myself convinced they have that sports ride that connects you to the ground, and that's what that Toyota Corolla S(ports) Plus had on it, and I could feel every little imperfection in the road.  And I wasn't too hot on that.  We're hoping to go looking at the Honda Civic this weekend, but I'm wondering if we should wait another week and see if there's a big Labor Day Sale.  I don't think Honda is offering any rebates at the moment.  But they did last month, so I'm hoping they will again on Labor Day.
No kidding...!!!  After messaging KC about Hyundia and Kia, now I'm scared of those companies too.
Well, they are actually the same company.  Yea, there are some issues, but overall the cars perform well for the price range and look good.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #174 on: August 25, 2015, 02:22:59 PM »

You should do your legwork now and find one or two or three that you're happy with and dealerships that you feel comfortable with.  There are sales galore now, if you sit around and start your shopping when you hear of a sale, you will be too late.
August is a bad month for car sales with many vacations, back to school and all that, so not a lot of extra money.  You can get a deal now.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #175 on: August 25, 2015, 02:26:22 PM »

One more TexDave?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #176 on: August 25, 2015, 02:29:11 PM »

Not going to get the best prices there for certain, but they do have a number of boutique offerings that you can't get elsewhere.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2015, 02:29:51 PM »

Not going to get the best prices there for certain, but they do have a number of boutique offerings that you can't get elsewhere.
See, talk about anyone other than Atlantic and I catch hell for it...

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2015, 02:30:21 PM »

One more TexDave?
I am wiped out!  WTF is Dean?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2015, 02:30:55 PM »

See, talk about anyone other than Atlantic and I catch hell for it...
Talk about Atlantic and you catch hell for it too.  What is a mother to do?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16