CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: 8/25/2015  (Read 21629 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 8/25/2015
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2015, 01:09:57 PM »

Turnaround Tuesday, DOW up 350 at present...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2015, 01:11:32 PM »

I just finished up the breakfast dishes, and made a batch of pink lemonade, so I thought I'd take a 10 minute break before doing the vacuuming ...  Oh, I bought a bottle of Simply Limeade (with 12% juice) for 2 for $5 and it's really good.  Even with a splash of gin..!  But I found out that the no name Shop n' Save frozen Lemonade with 15% juice, 4 for $3, fits exactly into the Simply Limeade bottle at more than half the cost...  There, that's my Mr. house wife tip of the day.. :)
Got the maid outfit on today I see....

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2015, 01:13:04 PM »

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2015, 01:14:28 PM »

Howdy gents, and I do mean howdy.....
Check out that Mazda 3 yet?
No...  I guess I should check them out first before judging them, but I sort of have myself convinced they have that sports ride that connects you to the ground, and that's what that Toyota Corolla S(ports) Plus had on it, and I could feel every little imperfection in the road.  And I wasn't too hot on that.  We're hoping to go looking at the Honda Civic this weekend, but I'm wondering if we should wait another week and see if there's a big Labor Day Sale.  I don't think Honda is offering any rebates at the moment.  But they did last month, so I'm hoping they will again on Labor Day.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2015, 01:15:45 PM »

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2015, 01:19:02 PM »

Turnaround Tuesday, DOW up 350 at present...
I'm glad to hear that.  I sold some stock last week when it was high, and now I wish I would have dumped the rest of it too.  I sold it to raise some extra cash for the car shopping.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2015, 01:21:40 PM »

I just finished up the breakfast dishes, and made a batch of pink lemonade, so I thought I'd take a 10 minute break before doing the vacuuming ...  Oh, I bought a bottle of Simply Limeade (with 12% juice) for 2 for $5 and it's really good.  Even with a splash of gin..!  But I found out that the no name Shop n' Save frozen Lemonade with 15% juice, 4 for $3, fits exactly into the Simply Limeade bottle at more than half the cost...  There, that's my Mr. house wife tip of the day.. :)
Got the maid outfit on today I see....
I did 1/2 of the house work yesterday, and I want to finish the rest today.  Then maybe grass cutting tomorrow...  Oh, and I'm also watching for the Schwans Ice Cream man...  Maybe I'd better change out of my maids outfit..

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2015, 01:22:08 PM »

No...  I guess I should check them out first before judging them, but I sort of have myself convinced they have that sports ride that connects you to the ground, and that's what that Toyota Corolla S(ports) Plus had on it, and I could feel every little imperfection in the road.  And I wasn't too hot on that.  We're hoping to go looking at the Honda Civic this weekend, but I'm wondering if we should wait another week and see if there's a big Labor Day Sale.  I don't think Honda is offering any rebates at the moment.  But they did last month, so I'm hoping they will again on Labor Day.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2015, 01:22:51 PM »

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2015, 01:29:03 PM »

No kidding...!!!  After messaging KC about Hyundia and Kia, now I'm scared of those companies too.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2015, 01:33:51 PM »

Cigar Tip about Famous Cigar Auction:
-------------------------------------------

I bet I was the only one that didn't know this, ugh...!  After being pissed about my $8.00 cigar I won on Famous Auction, I asked them about the shipping:

Please go under ‘My Account’ and scroll down to ‘Consolidate.’ You may consolidate your orders to go out ‘every Monday’ all auctions won by you from Tuesday to Monday morning will be sent out together with one shipping charge.

Now I know why those guys are bidding on 1 or 2 single cigars out of lots of 10.  I could be filling my basket with various single cigars and only have the one shipping charge....  I think that's how it works..?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2015, 01:38:00 PM »

Nice balmy 96 degrees here at 12:30.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2015, 01:38:04 PM »

.....when life gives you lemons

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2015, 01:40:37 PM »

How ya doing Oy...?

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2015, 01:41:31 PM »

How ya doing Oy...?
makin lemonade
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16