Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

« Reply #225 on: August 24, 2015, 02:31:55 PM »

Hey BD, thought we lost you again.  Any improvements in the car search market?

Not Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
We're trying to find the most reliable in our price range of $0.00 to $20,000 max.  Since we can't go back to Toyota, that leaves the Honda Civic (Rated excellent for reliability) by Consumers Report.  They are also having a sale on the 2016 Hyundia Elantras Value, which has allot of interesting features, heated seats, sun roof, back up camera, and I think blind spot, for about $17,500.  It's rated by Consumers Report on reliability of 33% above average.  And the Kia Soul +, due to I'm getting old and it's easy for me to get in and out of (never thought I'd be saying that), and it's 33% above average for reliability, and also high in safety.  So I think that's the next ones we are going to look at.  The Toyota Corolla was rated 30% above average on reliability (Very Good I think).  So the Hyundia and Kia models we are looking at are on par with a Toyota.  I never thought I'd say that either... :)
Subaru baby

Sent from DeezNutz using Tapatalk
I've thought of Subaru, it keep coming in the top ratings of new cars.  The only problem is, the only Subaru dealer is way out in St. Louis, and I don't think I can deal with that traffic anymore.
Understandable - but if you get a Subaru you will only go to the dealership 1x/yr for an oil change :)
I only drive 1,000 miles a year.  The car may be rusted up by the time I get it in for it's 1st oil change...
That's no joke, haha!  I say just use Uber and save the cash - could meet some cute cabbies who might pose for pictures during the process...

« Reply #226 on: August 24, 2015, 02:34:25 PM »

« Reply #227 on: August 24, 2015, 02:39:16 PM »

Hazzuh!
Take care ltg

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

« Reply #228 on: August 24, 2015, 02:41:17 PM »

I am not alone at the pool anymore. A blonde and brunette just came down to get some sun.  Sorry no pictures BD.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 8/24/2015
« Reply #229 on: August 24, 2015, 02:43:17 PM »

[...]

Yeal, that's the ticket...!

« Reply #230 on: August 24, 2015, 02:44:23 PM »

Does this photo look too much like the last one?

I don't want it to seem like I'm taunting you working stiffs fellas.
So how many total are down there with you Tony?

Not  Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Way too fucking many.  Just picked up #9 and #10 from the airport and I have to pick up one more in a few days.

« Reply #231 on: August 24, 2015, 02:44:40 PM »

Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 8/24/2015
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2015, 02:46:49 PM »

I am not alone at the pool anymore. A blonde and brunette just came down to get some sun.  Sorry no pictures BD.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
No photos..  Damn, that's just my luck...!  I was dropping my wife off last night and I seen two young women in short skirts talking in the parking lot.  I thought about cruising by them, but I thought, "that's too dirty old man'ish even for me.."

« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2015, 02:51:10 PM »

[...]

Add Mazda 3 to your mix,  Nice styling and performance, Edmunds A rating  29-34 MPG,  and Ford Focus  Well equipped for under $20K (before discounts)

« Reply #234 on: August 24, 2015, 02:52:11 PM »

I am not alone at the pool anymore. A blonde and brunette just came down to get some sun.  Sorry no pictures BD.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
So now that you've got your sundial up, what time is it?

Not Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

« Reply #235 on: August 24, 2015, 02:52:29 PM »

I am not alone at the pool anymore. A blonde and brunette just came down to get some sun.  Sorry no pictures BD.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
No photos..  Damn, that's just my luck...!  I was dropping my wife off last night and I seen two young women in short skirts talking in the parking lot.  I thought about cruising by them, but I thought, "that's too dirty old man'ish even for me.."
With age comes wisdom.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

« Reply #236 on: August 24, 2015, 02:53:14 PM »

I am not alone at the pool anymore. A blonde and brunette just came down to get some sun.  Sorry no pictures BD.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
So now that you've got your sundial up, what time is it?

Not Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
1:52 pm

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

« Reply #237 on: August 24, 2015, 02:55:49 PM »

[...]

Add Mazda 3 to your mix,  Edmunds A rating  29-34 MPG,  and Ford Focus  Well equipped for under $20K (before discounts)
Keep moving folks there is nothing to see here come on keep moving........nothing is going to happen keep moving 🚗

« Reply #238 on: August 24, 2015, 02:59:00 PM »

Well, I have a Redd's Green Apple Ale, and a Swag Black waiting for me.  I've never had the Swag before, but it smells nice.  Can't wait to light it and see how it goes..
That's the downside of this place. Last week I sat on the porch enjoying a bottle of red wine, with my cigars. No glass allowed by the cement pond.
Afternoon gents, sorry I can't stay on, but just read a few pages.
BD, don't buy a KIA (or Hyundai) without consulting with KC first.
I've had good cars with Honda.  PC, aside Subaru's are reliable & lasting ...
my brother got way over 200k miles on his before getting another car.
Flip was not slow on the uptake in replying to Raz's comment on smoking waffles.
He said after a year his smoked straight and true.  I thought that was pretty funny &
quick witted.  Tony, thanks for sending the photos, I echo TxDave, please keep 'em coming, but also the travelogue of daily events. Did 3Bean reach his destination?  What goes up, must come down. (sad for my modest 401k ... ouch). Hope you guys are right about ignoring it for a couple months.  Supposing this time, it doesn't rebound?
Okay, off to get some lunch & fire up another of those Buena Vistas with afternoon coffee to see if I want to get some more.
Thanks Sly...  I think I'll message him..

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 8/24/2015
« Reply #239 on: August 24, 2015, 03:00:16 PM »

[...]

I see the Mazda 3 listed allot in the ratings too.  I'm worried about the sports like ride.  I need an old mans car that's quiet and has a soft ride.  We test drove the 2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus (Sport), and I didn't like the low profile tires which feels every little bump in the road, and it was a little hard to get my fat ass in those sports wrap around seats...  I might be wrong, but I was thinking the Mazda 3 may be more for the kids..?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19