CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: 8/24/2015  (Read 24969 times)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 8/24/2015
« Reply #210 on: August 24, 2015, 02:11:44 PM »

Hey BD, thought we lost you again.  Any improvements in the car search market?

Not Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
We're trying to find the most reliable in our price range of $0.00 to $20,000 max.  Since we can't go back to Toyota, that leaves the Honda Civic (Rated excellent for reliability) by Consumers Report.  They are also having a sale on the 2016 Hyundia Elantras Value, which has allot of interesting features, heated seats, sun roof, back up camera, and I think blind spot, for about $17,500.  It's rated by Consumers Report on reliability of 33% above average.  And the Kia Soul +, due to I'm getting old and it's easy for me to get in and out of (never thought I'd be saying that), and it's 33% above average for reliability, and also high in safety.  So I think that's the next ones we are going to look at.  The Toyota Corolla was rated 30% above average on reliability (Very Good I think).  So the Hyundia and Kia models we are looking at are on par with a Toyota.  I never thought I'd say that either... :)
Here goes my head spinning again.
Mine is swimming too.  My wife is off Thurs, Friday, and Saturday, so we can go car shopping.  But since she get's off Thurs morning, she'll sleep all day Thurs (no shopping). Friday we have to do the grocery shopping for her dead beat brother, which now involves me since she doesn't have a car.  And, Saturday I have to babysit.  Being retired I have all the time in the world, but I still can't do anything... ugh..!!!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #211 on: August 24, 2015, 02:12:42 PM »

We're trying to find the most reliable in our price range of $0.00 to $20,000 max.  Since we can't go back to Toyota, that leaves the Honda Civic (Rated excellent for reliability) by Consumers Report.  They are also having a sale on the 2016 Hyundia Elantras Value, which has allot of interesting features, heated seats, sun roof, back up camera, and I think blind spot, for about $17,500.  It's rated by Consumers Report on reliability of 33% above average.  And the Kia Soul +, due to I'm getting old and it's easy for me to get in and out of (never thought I'd be saying that), and it's 33% above average for reliability, and also high in safety.  So I think that's the next ones we are going to look at.  The Toyota Corolla was rated 30% above average on reliability (Very Good I think).  So the Hyundia and Kia models we are looking at are on par with a Toyota.  I never thought I'd say that either... :)
Subaru baby

Sent from DeezNutz using Tapatalk
Official ride of the Rainbow Coalition
As long as it equates to high safety and reliability sign me up.  VW and a Subaru for my family #CommieUp!

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #212 on: August 24, 2015, 02:13:28 PM »

What does geneve know about cigars?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #213 on: August 24, 2015, 02:14:12 PM »

Mine is swimming too.  My wife is off Thurs, Friday, and Saturday, so we can go car shopping.  But since she get's off Thurs morning, she'll sleep all day Thurs (no shopping). Friday we have to do the grocery shopping for her dead beat brother, which now involves me since she doesn't have a car.  And, Saturday I have to babysit.  Being retired I have all the time in the world, but I still can't do anything... ugh..!!!
Maybe you should just go back to work and forget all this retirement shit before it kills you.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #214 on: August 24, 2015, 02:14:55 PM »

Sounds like you have a plan.

It does? ???
I didn't say it was a good plan!
FYI: 
Cigar Page e-mail of their daily deal is almost a repeat of a deal they had two weeks ago on Buena Vista cigars (listed on CI BLOB). I bit last time 3 boxes of 10 for under $60. Cigars are well constructed, no cello with neck & foot bands, nice box with cedar inserts. I'm pleased with the cigar @ $2 a stick. Probably won't win any CA awards, but a good solid smoke. Box says, "Geneve, Switzerland". Better than the Guantanamera Habano Crystales I had last night.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #215 on: August 24, 2015, 02:15:12 PM »

Subaru baby

Official ride of the Rainbow Coalition
As long as it equates to high safety and reliability sign me up.  VW and a Subaru for my family #CommieUp!
#fargocommierainbowcommunityorganizer

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #216 on: August 24, 2015, 02:16:14 PM »

Subaru baby

I've thought of Subaru, it keep coming in the top ratings of new cars.  The only problem is, the only Subaru dealer is way out in St. Louis, and I don't think I can deal with that traffic anymore.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #217 on: August 24, 2015, 02:18:08 PM »

Subaru baby

I've thought of Subaru, it keep coming in the top ratings of new cars.  The only problem is, the only Subaru dealer is way out in St. Louis, and I don't think I can deal with that traffic anymore.
Understandable - but if you get a Subaru you will only go to the dealership 1x/yr for an oil change :)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #218 on: August 24, 2015, 02:20:38 PM »

Maybe you should just go back to work and forget all this retirement shit before it kills you.
No kidding....!  I never thought my golden years would be spent babysitting and watching Thomas the Train all day. But I do enjoy the grandkids.  I told the 3 year old the other day, "It won't be long you'll be smarter than pawpa...!"  He replied, "I already am...."  Now where do that learn that crap at 3 years old...???

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #219 on: August 24, 2015, 02:21:44 PM »

No kidding....!  I never thought my golden years would be spent babysitting and watching Thomas the Train all day. But I do enjoy the grandkids.  I told the 3 year old the other day, "It won't be long you'll be smarter than pawpa...!"  He replied, "I already am...."  Now where do that learn that crap at 3 years old...???
Hahaha, grandma probably told him that!   ;)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #220 on: August 24, 2015, 02:22:43 PM »

Subaru baby

Understandable - but if you get a Subaru you will only go to the dealership 1x/yr for an oil change :)
I only drive 1,000 miles a year.  The car may be rusted up by the time I get it in for it's 1st oil change...

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #221 on: August 24, 2015, 02:24:50 PM »

Afternoon gents, sorry I can't stay on, but just read a few pages.
BD, don't buy a KIA (or Hyundai) without consulting with KC first.
I've had good cars with Honda.  PC, aside Subaru's are reliable & lasting ...
my brother got way over 200k miles on his before getting another car.
Flip was not slow on the uptake in replying to Raz's comment on smoking waffles.
He said after a year his smoked straight and true.  I thought that was pretty funny &
quick witted.  Tony, thanks for sending the photos, I echo TxDave, please keep 'em coming, but also the travelogue of daily events. Did 3Bean reach his destination?  What goes up, must come down. (sad for my modest 401k ... ouch). Hope you guys are right about ignoring it for a couple months.  Supposing this time, it doesn't rebound?
Okay, off to get some lunch & fire up another of those Buena Vistas with afternoon coffee to see if I want to get some more.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #222 on: August 24, 2015, 02:26:31 PM »

Hazzuh!

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #223 on: August 24, 2015, 02:27:14 PM »

Well, I have a Redd's Green Apple Ale, and a Swag Black waiting for me.  I've never had the Swag before, but it smells nice.  Can't wait to light it and see how it goes..

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #224 on: August 24, 2015, 02:29:53 PM »

Afternoon gents, sorry I can't stay on, but just read a few pages.
BD, don't buy a KIA (or Hyundai) without consulting with KC first.
I've had good cars with Honda.  PC, aside Subaru's are reliable & lasting ...
my brother got way over 200k miles on his before getting another car.
Flip was not slow on the uptake in replying to Raz's comment on smoking waffles.
He said after a year his smoked straight and true.  I thought that was pretty funny &
quick witted.  Tony, thanks for sending the photos, I echo TxDave, please keep 'em coming, but also the travelogue of daily events. Did 3Bean reach his destination?  What goes up, must come down. (sad for my modest 401k ... ouch). Hope you guys are right about ignoring it for a couple months.  Supposing this time, it doesn't rebound?
Okay, off to get some lunch & fire up another of those Buena Vistas with afternoon coffee to see if I want to get some more.
Thanks Sly...  I think I'll message him..
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19