CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: 8/1/2015  (Read 19374 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 8/1/2015
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2015, 02:21:58 PM »

@ my dads lake house for the day, my daughters birthday and her request to come fishing and swimming. Just had a MCII PC with Sculpin
Daughter's birthday is next weekend but she's gonna be 12 and gives me shit about cigar smoking.  We're doing some father/daughter bonding today though since mom and the boys are at a birthday party.
Just tell her she's lucky that's the worst you do....there are lots of other habits.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2015, 02:22:14 PM »

The heart attack talk always seems to kill the banter too.
Not for me. I hope to God I die of a heart attack, rather than the cancer I'm almost certainly destined for. Not bloody likely though. My heart is in terrified shape and my arteries are too.

Now this is a post that could kill the banter.

Morning, muchachos.
+1 on heart failure vs. cancer
  Heart failure........cancer.....stroke.  I hate the thought of lingering on as either a vegetable or unable to move/move well...
Yeah, give me the heart attack.

Or a backpack full of dynamite and an airplane.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2015, 02:25:06 PM »

Padron at 0% savings, almost gone on the jam!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2015, 02:26:05 PM »

Not for me. I hope to God I die of a heart attack, rather than the cancer I'm almost certainly destined for. Not bloody likely though. My heart is in terrified shape and my arteries are too.

Morning, muchachos.
  Heart failure........cancer.....stroke.  I hate the thought of lingering on as either a vegetable or unable to move/move well...

Problem is, with how good medicine is....there is not much left to die from.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2015, 02:26:54 PM »

Morning, muchachos.

They ain't cured cancer yet

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2015, 02:30:08 PM »

Morning, muchachos.

Well, you can't think of it as cancer.....it's cancers, each fairly different.
Cures/survival of a lot of types of cancer are dramatically different/better from just 10 years ago.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2015, 02:38:05 PM »

@ my dads lake house for the day, my daughters birthday and her request to come fishing and swimming. Just had a MCII PC with Sculpin
Daughter's birthday is next weekend but she's gonna be 12 and gives me shit about cigar smoking.  We're doing some father/daughter bonding today though since mom and the boys are at a birthday party.
Just tell her she's lucky that's the worst you do....there are lots of other habits.
I can't even get my wife to understand my cigar smoking.  I blame the schools too.  These days they teach that 2nd and 3rd hand smoke is worse than heroin.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2015, 02:40:53 PM »

Just tell her you are in-Fuk'n charge and pound sand or no allowance for a year.

Tell the warden same thing.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2015, 02:41:21 PM »

I can't even get my wife to understand my cigar smoking.  I blame the schools too.  These days they teach that 2nd and 3rd hand smoke is worse than heroin.
I remember years back when the kids reacted in horror watching us have a glass of wine with dinner and asking if we were drunk or alcoholics. 
Stupid disinformation...and you wonder why the kids can't make intelligent decisions, or go wild when released from suppressive environments.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2015, 02:41:23 PM »

Morning, muchachos.

Cures/survival of a lot of types of cancer are dramatically different/better from just 10 years ago.
Yes, but then there's the case of my mother, who was diagnosed with a kidney tumor in June of 2013 and died of lung cancer 93 days later. Never smoked a cigarette in her life, died of lung cancer.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2015, 02:41:53 PM »

Does she understand anything else about you?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2015, 02:46:24 PM »

Morning, muchachos.

I sort of see that differently, all this good medicine frequently causes people to outlive their minds as happened to my mother.  She once told me "SON, it does matter how long you live it only matters how you die". That was about 20 years ago and I will never forget it.  She was absolutely correct and I

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2015, 02:46:26 PM »

Morning, muchachos.

Yes, but then there's the case of my mother, who was diagnosed with a kidney tumor in June of 2013 and died of lung cancer 93 days later. Never smoked a cigarette in her life, died of lung cancer.
Well most cancers when they metastasize migrate to other organs, often liver, colon and lungs.  If that is the case with your mother the correct cause is still kidney cancer even though it migrated to the lungs.
My SIL had a similar situation with uterine cancer.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2015, 02:47:37 PM »

Morning, muchachos.

Well most cancers when they metastasize migrate to other organs, often liver, colon and lungs.  If that is the case with your mother the correct cause is still kidney cancer even though it migrated to the lungs.
My SIL had a similar situation with uterine cancer.
Yes, cause of death was renal cancer, but it was the metastasized cancer in the lungs that killed her.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2015, 02:48:14 PM »

Does she understand anything else about you?
What is there to understand?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13