CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: 6/23/2015  (Read 26105 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 6/23/2015
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2015, 07:34:21 AM »

So how come USPS can get a package to Texas in two days but it takes four to go the other way?
Must be one of those time warps or something.

sfish

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2015, 07:41:52 AM »

bikerlady needs the dry well to complete the list of code requirements for the grant application to get her house (trailer with multiple add ons) torn down and new house built.
So a septic for rainwater?.....or a reverse well....interesting but strange.
Dry wells are a common thing. If you had an area in your yard that was low or collected rain water and was difficult to dry you simply dig a hole and fill the bottom in with stone to allow the water to have a place to go. They all come in different shapes and designs but that's the basic concept, eliminate standing water
Understood, but sometimes I think following code is just going through the motions.  The college up the street is doing new construction and had to build a retention basin as part of that.  The retention basin is next to a lake....WTF?
Yeah seems odd but you never know. Sometimes the township "piggy backs" certain upgrades onto contractor's projects, like "if you want to build this, you're going to include "XYZ" as part of the project".
Understood, but this a landscaped hole in the ground is not my idea of an upgrade.  I believe they are required to build a certain sized basin for a quantity of open land that is developed/paved.
May be the only way they can get the displaced ground water controlled without affecting the lake

sfish

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2015, 07:43:20 AM »

bikerlady needs the dry well to complete the list of code requirements for the grant application to get her house (trailer with multiple add ons) torn down and new house built.
Dry wells are a common thing. If you had an area in your yard that was low or collected rain water and was difficult to dry you simply dig a hole and fill the bottom in with stone to allow the water to have a place to go. They all come in different shapes and designs but that's the basic concept, eliminate standing water
Understood, but sometimes I think following code is just going through the motions.  The college up the street is doing new construction and had to build a retention basin as part of that.  The retention basin is next to a lake....WTF?
Yeah seems odd but you never know. Sometimes the township "piggy backs" certain upgrades onto contractor's projects, like "if you want to build this, you're going to include "XYZ" as part of the project".
Understood, but this a landscaped hole in the ground is not my idea of an upgrade.  I believe they are required to build a certain sized basin for a quantity of open land that is developed/paved.
WTF?? Dean has to dig a 3' hole in FL and we're talking engineering/development all mornign?  ;D

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2015, 07:55:23 AM »

The detention pond is to protect the lake from the nasty polution and silt contained in the runoff that would spoil the lake or kill the fish and turtles if the runoff from the improvements ran in there.. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2015, 07:56:37 AM »

So how come USPS can get a package to Texas in two days but it takes four to go the other way?
Cause we rank the highest priority ;)   Fuk if I know how the USPS does or mostly does not do anything.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2015, 08:12:26 AM »

Cause we rank the highest priority ;)   Fuk if I know how the USPS does or mostly does not do anything.
Guess we should be thankful that we actually got the deliveries.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2015, 08:16:36 AM »

Guess we should be thankful that we actually got the deliveries.
Absolutely, Warden made our son some Thanksgiving Dressing and packed it all up with ice and mailed it priority to him in SC a few years ago when he could not get home.  Took 5 days to get there and he did not even dare open the box.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2015, 08:32:41 AM »

Time to head off to the dentist, BBL

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2015, 08:36:07 AM »

Happy Tuesday,  y'alls.

sfish

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2015, 08:48:45 AM »

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2015, 08:53:15 AM »

Good morning gents!  Figured I would give a shout out today - hope everyone is doing great!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2015, 09:01:35 AM »

WTF?? Dean has to dig a 3' hole in FL and we're talking engineering/development all mornign?  ;D
Well, I could bring up the question I asked last night....Should Caitlyn Jenner celebrate Fathers Day?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2015, 09:03:16 AM »

When it comes to Dean, seems like we're always talking about some kind of hole...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2015, 09:03:50 AM »

Probably Obama's fault.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2015, 09:04:24 AM »

Should be about time for Dave.
He's apparently off on Tuesdays.  In his sign-off yesterday he said something about, I'll see you on Wednesday.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15