Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2015, 06:52:06 AM »

Morning LSU & Dean.  No Golf?
morning Dave.
Good morning Deqn and Native and MIA the PasttimetomaketgedoughnutsDave.
Guess he hasn't recovered from his Anniversary outing.

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2015, 06:53:05 AM »

Morning Chip, Dave and Dean.
good morning Dave.

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2015, 06:57:27 AM »

good morning Chip. running around with my daughter is wearing me out, but we're having a good time. hitting the beach today after I dig and install a small dry well for the bikerlady.
Can't that wait until next week?  Daughter time is precious.
no, has to be done this week, final inspection and approval is Friday. taking her to the golf course tomorrow, wildlife preserve and boating Thursday, diving school and swimming with manatees Friday, and she flies out Friday late afternoon. I should have the dry well done in a few hours, then the beach.

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2015, 07:15:17 AM »

bikerlady needs the dry well to complete the list of code requirements for the grant application to get her house (trailer with multiple add ons) torn down and new house built.
So a septic for rainwater?.....or a reverse well....interesting but strange.
Dry wells are a common thing. If you had an area in your yard that was low or collected rain water and was difficult to dry you simply dig a hole and fill the bottom in with stone to allow the water to have a place to go. They all come in different shapes and designs but that's the basic concept, eliminate standing water

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2015, 07:16:08 AM »

good morning Chip. running around with my daughter is wearing me out, but we're having a good time. hitting the beach today after I dig and install a small dry well for the bikerlady.
Can't that wait until next week?  Daughter time is precious.
no, has to be done this week, final inspection and approval is Friday. taking her to the golf course tomorrow, wildlife preserve and boating Thursday, diving school and swimming with manatees Friday, and she flies out Friday late afternoon. I should have the dry well done in a few hours, then the beach.
Still confused about that well....most places in Florida don't have basements, so why would you have a sump?  And with Florida water tables (except where there are sinkholes) wouldn't you get more ingress than egress?

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2015, 07:19:42 AM »

bikerlady needs the dry well to complete the list of code requirements for the grant application to get her house (trailer with multiple add ons) torn down and new house built.
So a septic for rainwater?.....or a reverse well....interesting but strange.
Dry wells are a common thing. If you had an area in your yard that was low or collected rain water and was difficult to dry you simply dig a hole and fill the bottom in with stone to allow the water to have a place to go. They all come in different shapes and designs but that's the basic concept, eliminate standing water
Understood, but sometimes I think following code is just going through the motions.  The college up the street is doing new construction and had to build a retention basin as part of that.  The retention basin is next to a lake....WTF?

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2015, 07:21:37 AM »

good morning Chip. running around with my daughter is wearing me out, but we're having a good time. hitting the beach today after I dig and install a small dry well for the bikerlady.
Everybody needs a dry well.
WHat the heck is a dry well?
A dry well is an underground structure that disposes of unwanted water, most commonly stormwater runoff, by dissipating it into the ground, where it merges with the local groundwater.
We just use the local creek or bayou for our runoff, we do have a little bit more rainfall every year than most though.
Pretty hard to dig a dry hole down there!  Now over here it normally pretty tough to drill a hole with water in it but right now you can hit water in as little as 1000 feet.

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2015, 07:23:03 AM »

bikerlady needs the dry well to complete the list of code requirements for the grant application to get her house (trailer with multiple add ons) torn down and new house built.
So a septic for rainwater?.....or a reverse well....interesting but strange.
Dry wells are a common thing. If you had an area in your yard that was low or collected rain water and was difficult to dry you simply dig a hole and fill the bottom in with stone to allow the water to have a place to go. They all come in different shapes and designs but that's the basic concept, eliminate standing water
Sounds like an old wore out pu$$y to me.

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2015, 07:24:01 AM »

good morning Chip. running around with my daughter is wearing me out, but we're having a good time. hitting the beach today after I dig and install a small dry well for the bikerlady.
Can't that wait until next week?  Daughter time is precious.
no, has to be done this week, final inspection and approval is Friday. taking her to the golf course tomorrow, wildlife preserve and boating Thursday, diving school and swimming with manatees Friday, and she flies out Friday late afternoon. I should have the dry well done in a few hours, then the beach.
Still confused about that well....most places in Florida don't have basements, so why would you have a sump?  And with Florida water tables (except where there are sinkholes) wouldn't you get more ingress than egress?
And most places near the coastlines have a water table at about 1-3 feet.

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2015, 07:24:14 AM »

Morning Travellin Dave and Fish.

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2015, 07:26:31 AM »

bikerlady needs the dry well to complete the list of code requirements for the grant application to get her house (trailer with multiple add ons) torn down and new house built.
So a septic for rainwater?.....or a reverse well....interesting but strange.
Dry wells are a common thing. If you had an area in your yard that was low or collected rain water and was difficult to dry you simply dig a hole and fill the bottom in with stone to allow the water to have a place to go. They all come in different shapes and designs but that's the basic concept, eliminate standing water
Understood, but sometimes I think following code is just going through the motions.  The college up the street is doing new construction and had to build a retention basin as part of that.  The retention basin is next to a lake....WTF?
Yeah seems odd but you never know. Sometimes the township "piggy backs" certain upgrades onto contractor's projects, like "if you want to build this, you're going to include "XYZ" as part of the project".

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2015, 07:27:29 AM »

Mornign Travellin Dave and Fish.
Mornign Tex!

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2015, 07:31:10 AM »

Mornign Travellin Dave and Fish.
Mornign Tex!
Look-a-there, Fish is learning LA-Texan

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2015, 07:32:26 AM »

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2015, 07:33:07 AM »

[...]
Understood, but this a landscaped hole in the ground is not my idea of an upgrade.  I believe they are required to build a certain sized basin for a quantity of open land that is developed/paved.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15