« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2015, 10:48:45 AM »

I think we showed Bean a good Jersey herf.
I hope so.  I had a good time.  It was like meeting up with old friends... And not just because you are all old.

« Reply #136 on: April 10, 2015, 10:49:41 AM »

Come to think of it, difficult to describe the herf...six of us, pizza, Captain Caveman, great beer and whiskey, Elf on TV, cigars, Tony arrived earlier than Fishy AGAIN....Flip and karaoke....baby pictures of Nacho....quite the full evening.
wait, I told a go-go bar story that morphed into karaoke.... I did not sing last night at the herf, although after
a couple of potent beers and the whistle pig, I gave a CD that had been in my bad for about a year to Dave & three bean.
shows how trusting I am. apparently, they thought the song Pray for the Fish, was for Scott, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoyY_eq5mx4  the link is for the original Randy Travis version.
And we listened to it on the way home.
Oh boy.
E tu Brute!
What did I say?  I'm just not a country music fan, that's all.

« Reply #137 on: April 10, 2015, 10:51:18 AM »

I think we showed Bean a good Jersey herf.
I hope so.  I had a good time.  It was like meeting up with old friends... And not just because you are all old.
Hey I resmemble that remark,
 you upstart whippersnapper! :P

« Reply #138 on: April 10, 2015, 10:53:15 AM »

Come to think of it, difficult to describe the herf...six of us, pizza, Captain Caveman, great beer and whiskey, Elf on TV, cigars, Tony arrived earlier than Fishy AGAIN....Flip and karaoke....baby pictures of Nacho....quite the full evening.
wait, I told a go-go bar story that morphed into karaoke.... I did not sing last night at the herf, although after
a couple of potent beers and the whistle pig, I gave a CD that had been in my bad for about a year to Dave & three bean.
shows how trusting I am. apparently, they thought the song Pray for the Fish, was for Scott, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoyY_eq5mx4  the link is for the original Randy Travis version.
And we listened to it on the way home.
Oh boy.
E tu Brute!
What did I say?  I'm just not a country music fan, that's all.
note to self, find old tapes of Born to be Wild, Takin' Care of Business, and
Bust a Move.  then burn them... ???

« Reply #139 on: April 10, 2015, 10:53:24 AM »

Come to think of it, difficult to describe the herf...six of us, pizza, Captain Caveman, great beer and whiskey, Elf on TV, cigars, Tony arrived earlier than Fishy AGAIN....Flip and karaoke....baby pictures of Nacho....quite the full evening.
wait, I told a go-go bar story that morphed into karaoke.... I did not sing last night at the herf, although after
a couple of potent beers and the whistle pig, I gave a CD that had been in my bad for about a year to Dave & three bean.
shows how trusting I am. apparently, they thought the song Pray for the Fish, was for Scott, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoyY_eq5mx4  the link is for the original Randy Travis version.
And we listened to it on the way home.
did the bleeding from the ears stop before, or after you woke up
this morning....
I've heard a lot worse for sure.
So I really should stay with my day job then  ::)
Well, I'm no Simon Cowell, but...

« Reply #140 on: April 10, 2015, 10:54:44 AM »

Come to think of it, difficult to describe the herf...six of us, pizza, Captain Caveman, great beer and whiskey, Elf on TV, cigars, Tony arrived earlier than Fishy AGAIN....Flip and karaoke....baby pictures of Nacho....quite the full evening.
wait, I told a go-go bar story that morphed into karaoke.... I did not sing last night at the herf, although after
a couple of potent beers and the whistle pig, I gave a CD that had been in my bad for about a year to Dave & three bean.
shows how trusting I am. apparently, they thought the song Pray for the Fish, was for Scott, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoyY_eq5mx4  the link is for the original Randy Travis version.
And we listened to it on the way home.
Oh boy.
E tu Brute!
What did I say?  I'm just not a country music fan, that's all.
Well, Bean and I are.  I enjoy me some Randy Travis...as long as he's not running around drunk and naked.

« Reply #141 on: April 10, 2015, 10:55:31 AM »

Mr. Mayor, did you post the picture of the momentous gathering and I miss it or what?

« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2015, 10:57:22 AM »

I think we showed Bean a good Jersey herf.
I hope so.  I had a good time.  It was like meeting up with old friends... And not just because you are all old.
At least John, Flip and I didn't show up with our walkers and colostomy bags...

« Reply #143 on: April 10, 2015, 10:59:37 AM »

Mr. Mayor, did you post the picture of the momentous gathering and I miss it or what?
Oh yeah, he took that group selfie

« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2015, 11:00:10 AM »

Mr. Mayor, did you post the picture of the momentous gathering and I miss it or what?
Oh yeah, he took that group selfie
again.....and again.....and again....

« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2015, 11:00:13 AM »

Mr. Mayor, did you post the picture of the momentous gathering and I miss it or what?
Oh yeah, he took that group selfie
He posted it last night.

« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2015, 11:00:37 AM »

Bruce's Twisted History
For Apr 10:

Very punny today.

Top News of the Day:

In 1912 - RMS Titanic sets sail from Southampton, England
 on her maiden and only voyage. ~ I'd tell you what
 happened but I don't want to be a spoiler.

In Other News:

In 1606 - The Virginia Company of London is established by
 royal charter by James I of England with the purpose of
 establishing colonial settlements in North America. ~ Would
 have been better to establish colonial settlements in England.

In 1816 - The Federal government of the United States approves
 the creation of the Second Bank of the United States. ~ Andrew
 Jackson not impressed.

In 1972 - Vietnam War: For the first time since November
 1967, American B-52 bombers reportedly begin bombing
 North Vietnam. ~ Key word is "reportedly ".

« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2015, 11:00:40 AM »

Mr. Mayor, did you post the picture of the momentous gathering and I miss it or what?
Oh yeah, he took that group selfie
again.....and again.....and again....
Kept trying to make you guys look good and finally gave up?

« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2015, 11:06:38 AM »

Notable Birthdays:

In 1794 - Matthew C. Perry, American commander
 (d. 1858) ~ Did not appear in "Friends"

In 1847 - Joseph Pulitzer, Hungarian-American politician,
 journalist, and publisher, founded Pulitzer, Inc. (d. 1911) ~ He was no prize.

In 1903 - Clare Boothe Luce, American politician and diplomat,
 United States Ambassador to Italy (d. 1987) ~ Take the song
 "Little Duece Coupe" by The Beach Boys and substitute the words
 "Clare Boothe Luce" for the title words. Go ahead.

In 1915 - Harry Morgan, American actor and director
 (d. 2011) ~ Officer Gannon and Colonel Potter

In 1921 - Chuck Connors, American baseball player and
 actor (d. 1992) ~ His basketball shot was like it was fired
 from a rifle, earning him the nickname "The Rifleman".

In 1921 - Sheb Wooley, American actor and singer
 (d. 2003) ~ He ate Purple People

In 1929 - Max von Sydow, Swedish-French actor ~ He could exorcise anything.

In 1932 - Omar Sharif, Egyptian actor ~ Lawrence of Arabia

In 1936 - John Madden, American football player, coach, and sportscaster

In 1952 - Steven Seagal, American actor, producer, and martial artist

In 1960 - Steve Bisciotti, American businessman,
 co-founded Allegis Group ~ Nevermore

« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2015, 11:08:17 AM »

Mr. Mayor, did you post the picture of the momentous gathering and I miss it or what?
Oh yeah, he took that group selfie
again.....and again.....and again....
Kept trying to make you guys look good and finally gave up?
there is only so much the camera can do.  Actually he would shake the camera
as he took the picture, at extreme arms lenght.  Now why didn't that come out in focus... ::)