« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2015, 11:59:49 AM »

Afternoon, fellas. What's cookin'?
GMornin Steve

Hey, Shaun. Still didn't get that cigar rest...  ;)
Damn USPS, not sure what's with those guys...  ;)
Mine arrived just fine, weird

You finally wore him down, huh.
I can see how that phrase would fit the situation
I'll make no excuses nor offer any apologies for what I've done  :D
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/23/2015
« Reply #166 on: March 23, 2015, 12:00:17 PM »

Afternoon, fellas. What's cookin'?
Morning Steve, what continent are you on this morning?

Hmm, feel like I'm walking into something here... North America.
Ha! Just that you said "good afternoon" in the morning

Seems odd to me to say morning when it's almost noon, and I have been up since 5 am... but I get what you're saying.
It's only 8:53 here.  Does that help?

NO!  ;)

Did you get to your gun cleaning chores this weekend?

« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2015, 12:01:24 PM »

I posted this yesterday but since it was such a low banter day, I'll re-post:

http://www.famous-smoke.com/5+styles+of+601+cigars/item+28927

$23.95
2 X 601 Red Label Habano Robusto (5 x 50)
2 X 601 Green Label Oscuro Tronco (5 x 52)
2 X 601 Blue Label Robusto (5 1/4 x 52)
2 X 601 La Bomba Napalm (5 x 52)
2 X 601 Steel Rod (5 x 54)   -  (It appears these are a Famous exclusive but I think it's gotten some decent reviews)
Shows me 34.99.  Is there a super-secret password or something?
I get the same, No Travelling Dave,
 just double checking the pricing... not buying.
At $23.95 I'd be buying.  But at $34.99, I'm not motivated.
It's still active, it was an email special but I deleted it. Maybe Tony still has it
If it's an e-mail special, I should still have it.  Unless you guys get better e-mails than I do.
Mine was from yesterday and it's a 48 hour sale
Yup, I found it.  Flip, you need me to send it?
Nope, I'm done buying till July, Operation Smoke Down going on now.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/23/2015
« Reply #168 on: March 23, 2015, 12:02:22 PM »

I posted this yesterday but since it was such a low banter day, I'll re-post:

http://www.famous-smoke.com/5+styles+of+601+cigars/item+28927

$23.95
2 X 601 Red Label Habano Robusto (5 x 50)
2 X 601 Green Label Oscuro Tronco (5 x 52)
2 X 601 Blue Label Robusto (5 1/4 x 52)
2 X 601 La Bomba Napalm (5 x 52)
2 X 601 Steel Rod (5 x 54)   -  (It appears these are a Famous exclusive but I think it's gotten some decent reviews)
Shows me 34.99.  Is there a super-secret password or something?
I don't think so.  Maybe it was yesterday only?  I'll check and get back to you.
So I checked and it said $34.99.  But then I went back to my original email and clicked the following link and found it again for $23.95 until tomorrow at midnight EDT.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/promo/zem_032215/?kws=ZEM5051&utm_source=SundaySale&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FlashSale&utm_content=ZEM5051
Thanks, T.  I found the e-mail.
I didn't buy but I recognized it was a good deal.  The humis are full for the time being.
Hmm...is there a free shipping code for the Celeb, or no?

Don't have a current one, but I think they usually have a $50 min purchase on that cpn now, So I usually end up using the $10 off @ $50... MCPNSAV10

Or add a mash FS item as Scott suggested and save even more!

« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2015, 12:03:05 PM »

Afternoon, fellas. What's cookin'?
Well for lunch from the buffet dowstairs:
Sirloin steak, Roasted Chicken, wild rice and steamed veggies.
I left the Salmon and the cheese ravioli alone.

« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2015, 12:04:27 PM »

Afternoon, fellas. What's cookin'?
GMornin Steve

Hey, Shaun. Still didn't get that cigar rest...  ;)
Damn USPS, not sure what's with those guys...  ;)
Mine arrived just fine, weird

You finally wore him down, huh.
I can see how that phrase would fit the situation
I'll make no excuses nor offer any apologies for what I've done  :D
What's done is done, in the end, you got cigars and a woody - success!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/23/2015
« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2015, 12:06:08 PM »

Afternoon, fellas. What's cookin'?
Well for lunch from the buffet dowstairs:
Sirloin steak, Roasted Chicken, wild rice and steamed veggies.
I left the Salmon and the cheese ravioli alone.

Mmmmmm. Steak.

Howdy, Flip
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/23/2015
« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2015, 12:06:59 PM »

Afternoon, fellas. What's cookin'?
GMornin Steve

Hey, Shaun. Still didn't get that cigar rest...  ;)
Damn USPS, not sure what's with those guys...  ;)
Mine arrived just fine, weird

You finally wore him down, huh.
I can see how that phrase would fit the situation
I'll make no excuses nor offer any apologies for what I've done  :D
What's done is done, in the end, you got cigars and a woody - success!

"in the end"... your not making it any less obvious now.  ;D

« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2015, 12:07:41 PM »

Afternoon, fellas. What's cookin'?
GMornin Steve

Hey, Shaun. Still didn't get that cigar rest...  ;)
Damn USPS, not sure what's with those guys...  ;)
Mine arrived just fine, weird

You finally wore him down, huh.
I can see how that phrase would fit the situation
I'll make no excuses nor offer any apologies for what I've done  :D
What's done is done, in the end, you got cigars and a woody - success!

"in the end"... your not making it any less obvious now.  ;D
;)

« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2015, 12:09:57 PM »

Afternoon, fellas. What's cookin'?
Well for lunch from the buffet dowstairs:
Sirloin steak, Roasted Chicken, wild rice and steamed veggies.
I left the Salmon and the cheese ravioli alone.
OK, somebody screwed up big time, not sirloin steak,
 from the the taste, look and tenderness, it's hanger steak. So my one
price dish at $7.95 had about $15 to $20 worth of steak in it, plus almost
half a chicken.  Gurkha like discounts!

« Reply #175 on: March 23, 2015, 12:10:27 PM »

Afternoon, fellas. What's cookin'?
Morning Steve, what continent are you on this morning?

Hmm, feel like I'm walking into something here... North America.
Ha! Just that you said "good afternoon" in the morning

Seems odd to me to say morning when it's almost noon, and I have been up since 5 am... but I get what you're saying.
It's only 8:53 here.  Does that help?

NO!  ;)

Did you get to your gun cleaning chores this weekend?
I did, after putting another 150 rounds downrange.  Also made gig money, so besides some cigars I'm ordering 1000 bullets today which will be distributed among my compadres who've volunteered to load rounds for me.  It would seem that the cigars-and-booze-to-cartridges ratio is quite favorable, compared to buying boxes of ammunition.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/23/2015
« Reply #176 on: March 23, 2015, 12:15:36 PM »

Afternoon, fellas. What's cookin'?
Morning Steve, what continent are you on this morning?

Hmm, feel like I'm walking into something here... North America.
Ha! Just that you said "good afternoon" in the morning

Seems odd to me to say morning when it's almost noon, and I have been up since 5 am... but I get what you're saying.
It's only 8:53 here.  Does that help?

NO!  ;)

Did you get to your gun cleaning chores this weekend?
I did, after putting another 150 rounds downrange.  Also made gig money, so besides some cigars I'm ordering 1000 bullets today which will be distributed among my compadres who've volunteered to load rounds for me.  It would seem that the cigars-and-booze-to-cartridges ratio is quite favorable, compared to buying boxes of ammunition.

So, you are wanting to shoot re-loads? Has Tx said anything to you about changing that barrel to standard bore? If not, I'd recommend it. fwiw anyway.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/23/2015
« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2015, 12:18:38 PM »

[...]

Add the 5pk V torps from the mash and you get FS, then use the $10 off cpn... 15 smokes @ $42.93/2.86ea.

« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2015, 12:23:04 PM »

[...]

Haven't talked to Tex about it, but we're doing jacketed bullets, so the rifling shouldn't be a problem - at least that's what I'm told.  That, and stick to moderate loads.

« Reply #179 on: March 23, 2015, 12:24:08 PM »

[...]

I was thinking about trying the fiver of Jaime Garcia.