« Reply #255 on: March 11, 2015, 01:15:54 PM »

OK with the St Patrick's day festivities about to start on Friday, and run through the 21'st, what is your Irish beer of choice?  Guinness stout, Harp Lager, Smithwicks Irish Ale, Killians Red ale? yes I know Coor's brews Killians..

Can't say I'm really a fan of any of those.  If I have to drink something Irish I'll go with whiskey.
Irish whiskey is my least favorite of the main whiskey families.

Agreed, I can't think of any that I particularly care for.  I'll go scotch and call it close enough.  Or bourbon and give a middle finger to the rest of the world!  USA!! USA!! USA!!
Jameson Black isn't bad but I prefer scotch
I like Redbreast, but then I like Irish whiskey.  Of course, I drink Canadian Club so obviously I have no taste.

Okay, I have some taste - can't stand Seagram's or Black velvet, and can only drink Canadian club if it's on the rocks.   I don't spend on fancy Irish whiskeys, because if I'm going to spend that much, might as well get decent Scotch or Bourbon.  But I'll have some Jameson on St. Paddy's day.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #256 on: March 11, 2015, 01:16:27 PM »

Cohiba XV robusto, coffee, and soaking up the sun, 83° here.

« Reply #257 on: March 11, 2015, 01:16:49 PM »

OK with the St Patrick's day festivities about to start on Friday, and run through the 21'st, what is your Irish beer of choice?  Guinness stout, Harp Lager, Smithwicks Irish Ale, Killians Red ale? yes I know Coor's brews Killians..
Guinness.
+2.

« Reply #258 on: March 11, 2015, 01:18:05 PM »

Does anybody else watch the show, The Following?

I watch a little after Gotham ends. You like it?
I've watched Gotham a few times....interesting prequil kind of thing, but there are just too many total fukin' total nuts and not a whole lot of normal people in that city.  Feels too much like work!
As for the Following, sorry, but the whole cult thing gives me the chills.  SIL was in Scientology, and dealing with all the fruits out here in CALI.....don't need any of that in "entertainment"
Is the S in SIL, son or sister?

« Reply #259 on: March 11, 2015, 01:18:41 PM »

Just got done with one of those stupid meetings where you go over a plan of work in excruciating detail only to conclude that we should put it on hold until the new hardware arrives so that we don't have to do the work twice.  Should have been a five minute meeting.  Instead, 75 minutes of stupid.

« Reply #260 on: March 11, 2015, 01:19:55 PM »

afternoon guys, not a good one, golf got cancelled for me, dead Jeep again, it's at the garage now.
I'm tired, found a few cockroaches last night and set off 6 bombs before bed, got up this morning and sprayed bug killer EVERYWHERE and started cleaning up, headed out for golf and ........ dead Jeep.
got a lady coming over around 3pm, throwing a couple of steaks on the grill, mushrooms, green beans, and a salad.
did I say I was tired?
ha

You didn't know that the cockroach is the State Bird of Florida?  There's even a tall, skinny, bald one in the Governor's Mansion in Tallahassee.  Afternoon, Deano.
I've never had roaches before in my life, good news is this park has an exterminator service under contract included in the rent. I am now on the list. Hello KC.

...they prefer to call them Palmetto bugs. Cockroach is too negative and biased.  ;D

[EDIT] Ooops. Looks like Dave slipped one in there... twss
Yup, in and out before you realized what was happening.   ::)
Too easy.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/11/2015
« Reply #261 on: March 11, 2015, 01:22:12 PM »

[...]

Not 'that' easy... he promised a walk on the beach.

« Reply #262 on: March 11, 2015, 01:24:12 PM »

[...]

I'm about right there with you.  I really only like CC from the Seagram's collection.  Although I've taken to using Crown in my coffee on a cold night.  Essentially just looking to finish up the bottle but no plans to buy another.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #263 on: March 11, 2015, 01:28:51 PM »

OK with the St Patrick's day festivities about to start on Friday, and run through the 21'st, what is your Irish beer of choice?  Guinness stout, Harp Lager, Smithwicks Irish Ale, Killians Red ale? yes I know Coor's brews Killians..

Can't say I'm really a fan of any of those.  If I have to drink something Irish I'll go with whiskey.
Irish whiskey is my least favorite of the main whiskey families.

Agreed, I can't think of any that I particularly care for.  I'll go scotch and call it close enough.  Or bourbon and give a middle finger to the rest of the world!  USA!! USA!! USA!!
Jameson Black isn't bad but I prefer scotch

I'm coming back around to scotch, been trying a lot of it lately.  Just bought a bottle of 2014 Kilchoman Machir Bay last night.  Peated and finished in sherry casks, right up my alley as far as scotch is concerned.

« Reply #264 on: March 11, 2015, 01:29:08 PM »

Does anybody else watch the show, The Following?

I watch a little after Gotham ends. You like it?
I've watched Gotham a few times....interesting prequil kind of thing, but there are just too many total fukin' total nuts and not a whole lot of normal people in that city.  Feels too much like work!
As for the Following, sorry, but the whole cult thing gives me the chills.  SIL was in Scientology, and dealing with all the fruits out here in CALI.....don't need any of that in "entertainment"
Is the S in SIL, son or sister?
Sister....so not quite as much impact....besides, she passed last fall.

« Reply #265 on: March 11, 2015, 01:29:35 PM »

[...]

Canadian Club is just whiskey for the sake of whiskey.  Simple, unobtrusive, mild, and cheap.  Other than that, I don't buy Canadian whiskey.  If someone gives me Crown, I'll drink it, but I won't pay for it.  If I'm going to kick my coffee, I put Bourbon in it.  Usually that's Wild Turkey 101, which thanks to JWacky is now a staple at my place.

« Reply #266 on: March 11, 2015, 01:31:40 PM »

OK with the St Patrick's day festivities about to start on Friday, and run through the 21'st, what is your Irish beer of choice?  Guinness stout, Harp Lager, Smithwicks Irish Ale, Killians Red ale? yes I know Coor's brews Killians..

Can't say I'm really a fan of any of those.  If I have to drink something Irish I'll go with whiskey.
Irish whiskey is my least favorite of the main whiskey families.

Agreed, I can't think of any that I particularly care for.  I'll go scotch and call it close enough.  Or bourbon and give a middle finger to the rest of the world!  USA!! USA!! USA!!
Jameson Black isn't bad but I prefer scotch

I'm coming back around to scotch, been trying a lot of it lately.  Just bought a bottle of 2014 Kilchoman Machir Bay last night.  Peated and finished in sherry casks, right up my alley as far as scotch is concerned.
There are so many different scotches and regions to explore with single malts, I've been into the Balvenie 12yr lately. It's just an expensive habit

« Reply #267 on: March 11, 2015, 01:34:19 PM »

OK with the St Patrick's day festivities about to start on Friday, and run through the 21'st, what is your Irish beer of choice?  Guinness stout, Harp Lager, Smithwicks Irish Ale, Killians Red ale? yes I know Coor's brews Killians..

Can't say I'm really a fan of any of those.  If I have to drink something Irish I'll go with whiskey.
Irish whiskey is my least favorite of the main whiskey families.

Agreed, I can't think of any that I particularly care for.  I'll go scotch and call it close enough.  Or bourbon and give a middle finger to the rest of the world!  USA!! USA!! USA!!
Jameson Black isn't bad but I prefer scotch

I'm coming back around to scotch, been trying a lot of it lately.  Just bought a bottle of 2014 Kilchoman Machir Bay last night.  Peated and finished in sherry casks, right up my alley as far as scotch is concerned.
Expensive slope you're stepping on to.
Logged

Ogie

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #268 on: March 11, 2015, 01:34:29 PM »

OK with the St Patrick's day festivities about to start on Friday, and run through the 21'st, what is your Irish beer of choice?  Guinness stout, Harp Lager, Smithwicks Irish Ale, Killians Red ale? yes I know Coor's brews Killians..

Can't say I'm really a fan of any of those.  If I have to drink something Irish I'll go with whiskey.
Irish whiskey is my least favorite of the main whiskey families.

Agreed, I can't think of any that I particularly care for.  I'll go scotch and call it close enough.  Or bourbon and give a middle finger to the rest of the world!  USA!! USA!! USA!!
Jameson Black isn't bad but I prefer scotch

I'm coming back around to scotch, been trying a lot of it lately.  Just bought a bottle of 2014 Kilchoman Machir Bay last night.  Peated and finished in sherry casks, right up my alley as far as scotch is concerned.
Their bourbon barrels are supposedly Buffalo Trace.

« Reply #269 on: March 11, 2015, 01:35:07 PM »

[...]

As opposed to cigars?