CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25

Author Topic: 3/11/2015  (Read 47801 times)

sfish

Re: 3/11/2015
« Reply #270 on: March 11, 2015, 01:38:48 PM »

OK with the St Patrick's day festivities about to start on Friday, and run through the 21'st, what is your Irish beer of choice?  Guinness stout, Harp Lager, Smithwicks Irish Ale, Killians Red ale? yes I know Coor's brews Killians..

Can't say I'm really a fan of any of those.  If I have to drink something Irish I'll go with whiskey.
Irish whiskey is my least favorite of the main whiskey families.

Agreed, I can't think of any that I particularly care for.  I'll go scotch and call it close enough.  Or bourbon and give a middle finger to the rest of the world!  USA!! USA!! USA!!
Jameson Black isn't bad but I prefer scotch

I'm coming back around to scotch, been trying a lot of it lately.  Just bought a bottle of 2014 Kilchoman Machir Bay last night.  Peated and finished in sherry casks, right up my alley as far as scotch is concerned.
There are so many different scotches and regions to explore with single malts, I've been into the Balvenie 12yr lately. It's just an expensive habit
As opposed to cigars?
Parallel

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #271 on: March 11, 2015, 01:38:50 PM »

OK with the St Patrick's day festivities about to start on Friday, and run through the 21'st, what is your Irish beer of choice?  Guinness stout, Harp Lager, Smithwicks Irish Ale, Killians Red ale? yes I know Coor's brews Killians..

Can't say I'm really a fan of any of those.  If I have to drink something Irish I'll go with whiskey.

Agreed, I can't think of any that I particularly care for.  I'll go scotch and call it close enough.  Or bourbon and give a middle finger to the rest of the world!  USA!! USA!! USA!!

I'm coming back around to scotch, been trying a lot of it lately.  Just bought a bottle of 2014 Kilchoman Machir Bay last night.  Peated and finished in sherry casks, right up my alley as far as scotch is concerned.
Expensive slope you're stepping on to.

Yeah, there's that.  Great scotch seems so much more readily available (for now) than bourbon.  With bourbons, you gotta act quick in the fall if you want the limited stuff.  And I've gone through this before, LOL.  Really, I'm just becoming more open to variety in the liquor cabinet.  Still love my bourbons and Japanese stuff.  Scotch is creeping in on some of the shelf space.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #272 on: March 11, 2015, 01:39:12 PM »

I prefer Port cask finishing myself.  I really love Scotch, but not as an incidental drink.  I put Scotch in that class of things I enjoy that require a significant portion of my attention when I enjoy them - along with smoking cigars, riding my Harley, shooting, playing music, and the cute blonde I married.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #273 on: March 11, 2015, 01:39:34 PM »

afternoon guys, not a good one, golf got cancelled for me, dead Jeep again, it's at the garage now.
I'm tired, found a few cockroaches last night and set off 6 bombs before bed, got up this morning and sprayed bug killer EVERYWHERE and started cleaning up, headed out for golf and ........ dead Jeep.
got a lady coming over around 3pm, throwing a couple of steaks on the grill, mushrooms, green beans, and a salad.
did I say I was tired?
ha

You didn't know that the cockroach is the State Bird of Florida?  There's even a tall, skinny, bald one in the Governor's Mansion in Tallahassee.  Afternoon, Deano. 
I've never had roaches before in my life, good news is this park has an exterminator service under contract included in the rent. I am now on the list. Hello KC.

...they prefer to call them Palmetto bugs. Cockroach is too negative and biased.  ;D

[EDIT] Ooops. Looks like Dave slipped one in there... twss
Yup, in and out before you realized what was happening.   ::)
Too easy.

Not 'that' easy... he promised a walk on the beach.
No, you're thinking of Dave and Joe.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #274 on: March 11, 2015, 01:41:20 PM »

Sam Bradford traded to Philly... guess they needed someone for the IR list. Not that Foles is a perennial All-star.                                                                                                     

Ogie

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
« Reply #275 on: March 11, 2015, 01:41:54 PM »

Expensive slope you're stepping on to.
There is a lot of good whisky under $100/bottle.  My point of diminishing returns is probably $80-$90.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #276 on: March 11, 2015, 01:42:37 PM »

There are so many different scotches and regions to explore with single malts, I've been into the Balvenie 12yr lately. It's just an expensive habit
As opposed to cigars?
Per hour and quantity of enjoyment, good cigars are a lot less expensive than good Scotch.

sfish

« Reply #277 on: March 11, 2015, 01:43:45 PM »

I prefer Port cask finishing myself.  I really love Scotch, but not as an incidental drink.  I put Scotch in that class of things I enjoy that require a significant portion of my attention when I enjoy them - along with smoking cigars, riding my Harley, shooting, playing music, and the cute blonde I married.
I put cunnilingus in that category

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #278 on: March 11, 2015, 01:44:42 PM »

I put cunnilingus in that category
And getting fellated.  I kinda combined those under "cute blonde".

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #279 on: March 11, 2015, 01:48:40 PM »

I enjoy most of the finished scotches I've had.  Also tried some Arran Sauterne, Port, and Amarone finished scotch last night, all quite good. 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #280 on: March 11, 2015, 01:53:12 PM »

That sounds like a full attention agenda!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #281 on: March 11, 2015, 01:53:44 PM »

As opposed to cigars?
Parallel
Crown and 7 for me. That's my golfing drink when available.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #282 on: March 11, 2015, 01:54:35 PM »

Sam Bradford traded to Philly... guess they needed someone for the IR list. Not that Foles is a perennial All-star.                                                                                                   
Gotta be more planned on this trade. No way Chip Kelly wants a QB who has blown his ACL twice to run his offense. He's gotta be moving elsewhere in another trade.

sfish

« Reply #283 on: March 11, 2015, 01:58:01 PM »

Gotta be more planned on this trade. No way Chip Kelly wants a QB who has blown his ACL twice to run his offense. He's gotta be moving elsewhere in another trade.
I'm not sure you can make much sense of the last few moves by Chip Kelly

KC

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
« Reply #284 on: March 11, 2015, 01:59:23 PM »

They're not roaches, they're palmetto bugs...sounds so much nicer...

In this house, they are "cucarachas".  Baby Valentina is scared to death of them, so I buy plastic ones at the Dollar Store and we put them in places she's not supposed to screw around.  Like by my humis. 
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25