« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2015, 09:57:11 AM »

In 1848 - Louis-Hippolyte Lafontaine and Robert Baldwin
 become the first Prime Ministers of the Province of
 Canada to be democratically elected under a system
 of responsible government. ~ A system of responsible government???

« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2015, 09:57:49 AM »

Yellow Star, your Bison squeaked one out last night.
Man that was a close one!  They are annoying to watch, not a fan of the perimeter handoffs and just looking for a mismatch/lane to drive...too many 3s and lazy layups.  Pretty cool they are dancin' though!
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 3/11/2015
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2015, 09:58:33 AM »

I gotta join the club here. Meetings all day and most I have no deal why? Gotta be more cutbacks. Meetings are never good anymore. If I walk in and don't see coffee and cookies it's going to be a long day.
Things have really changed the last 15 years, companies wanted the lifetime employees and we're proud about having people retire and it motivated everyone, now everyone goes to meetings wondering if it's their last time.  When I was at Krispy Kreme, you never wanted to go eat lunch with the owner because that was his way of getting rid of people, you went to lunch and no one ever saw you again.

HOLD THE PHONE!  You worked for Krispy Kreme?!?!
6 years as GM for them down here until they decided to close 3 shops and downsize.
Bastards!  Just tell me, did they pay you in donuts?  :)
Same rule for managers and employees, all you wanted to eat while you were working and take a dozen a day home with you.  Easier and cheaper that way, everyone gets sick of them real quick and you never want one again.

« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2015, 09:58:59 AM »

Notable Birthdays:
In 1895 - Shemp Howard, American actor (d. 1955) -  paging
 Doctor Howard, Doctor Fine, Doctor Howard

In 1903 - Lawrence Welk, American accordion player and bandleader (d. 1992)

In 1947 - Mark Stein, American singer-songwriter and keyboardist (Vanilla Fudge)

In 1950 - Bobby McFerrin, American singer-songwriter, producer, and conductor

In 1950 - Jerry Zucker, American director, producer, and screenwriter

« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2015, 09:59:30 AM »

Notable Deaths:
In 1955 - Oscar F. Mayer, German-American businessman,
 founded Oscar Mayer (b. 1859) ~ Responsible for a bunch of bologna.

In 1957 - Richard E. Byrd, American admiral and explorer (b. 1888)

In 1970 - Erle Stanley Gardner, American author (b. 1889) ~ Perry Mason

« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2015, 10:00:32 AM »

Rolling along this morning aren't we...
One of the local muni courses opened today, let the games begin!
Fore!
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 3/11/2015
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2015, 10:00:52 AM »

I gotta join the club here. Meetings all day and most I have no deal why? Gotta be more cutbacks. Meetings are never good anymore. If I walk in and don't see coffee and cookies it's going to be a long day.
Things have really changed the last 15 years, companies wanted the lifetime employees and we're proud about having people retire and it motivated everyone, now everyone goes to meetings wondering if it's their last time.  When I was at Krispy Kreme, you never wanted to go eat lunch with the owner because that was his way of getting rid of people, you went to lunch and no one ever saw you again.

HOLD THE PHONE!  You worked for Krispy Kreme?!?!
6 years as GM for them down here until they decided to close 3 shops and downsize.
NO WAY!  God I love that place!  We had one here for 3 or 4 years, then they closed down - man I miss the fresh donuts!
Love seeing that sign lit up. Morning Shaun.
Damnit I miss that!!!  Mornin Dave!
Sounds like you just found your next career, opening a franchise.
If only I had a couple of $Mil in order to get that done.  I've considered similar ventures since I enjoy retail.  (Don't tell Chip I said that)
The 260 line is well over 2 million right now, building is extra but you would have to buy a franchise to open one, might find a area now for 150-200 million now that they are hurting.

« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2015, 10:01:56 AM »

Morning Chip, Dave, Dave, Rick, Purp, Yellow Star, Dave and Mr. Mayor.
Good morning, CADave.  Finally got to the office.  Hellish commute.
Think the train will be available for the ride home?
Yeah, I started receiving messages that it's running again with huge delays.  By the time I have to go home it will be situation normal - all fucked up!

« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2015, 10:02:15 AM »

[...]

That does make sense. But it would be a fun time while they still tasted good.

« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2015, 10:02:28 AM »

[...]

Indeed. But when I worked the graveyard bake at Winchell's Donuts my sophomore year in college, I was a very, very popular guy at my 8am classes.

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2015, 10:03:21 AM »

Morning Chip, Dave, Dave, Rick, Purp, Yellow Star, Dave and Mr. Mayor.
Good morning, CADave.  Finally got to the office.  Hellish commute.
Think the train will be available for the ride home?
Yeah, I started receiving messages that it's running again with huge delays.  By the time I have to go home it will be situation normal - all fucked up!
Is it still Tuesday for you, T? Jayzus.

« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2015, 10:04:22 AM »

Morning Chip, Dave, Dave, Rick, Purp, Yellow Star, Dave and Mr. Mayor.
Good morning, CADave.  Finally got to the office.  Hellish commute.
Think the train will be available for the ride home?
Yeah, I started receiving messages that it's running again with huge delays.  By the time I have to go home it will be situation normal - all fucked up!
SNAFU not FUBAR?  This is NJ TRANSIT, you just have to put on your
best DILLIGAFF face, and get on the train...

« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2015, 10:05:13 AM »

[...]

Morning Raz..

« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2015, 10:05:51 AM »

[...]

yeah, he wondered why the closed the local Pollo Loco's up this way... I didn't realize they turned one into a Popeye's chicken.
Good morning guys..
I contemplated that one too but I was thinking more along the lines of a coffee shop.  Anyhoo, I ain't ever gonna do it so it don't matter.  Hiya Flip.

« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2015, 10:08:38 AM »

[...]

Cuban Coffee and cigars, what a concept.
I always thought about trying for a combination
Laundromat / GoGo bar.  Have to have singles and quarters! 8)