CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: 3/11/2015  (Read 47376 times)

KC

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 3/11/2015
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2015, 10:10:04 AM »

Good morning everyone!  Been finishing up the truck, still lots to go, and enclosures to clean.  At least I don't have to go to meetings. 

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2015, 10:11:02 AM »

I gotta join the club here. Meetings all day and most I have no deal why? Gotta be more cutbacks. Meetings are never good anymore. If I walk in and don't see coffee and cookies it's going to be a long day.
Things have really changed the last 15 years, companies wanted the lifetime employees and we're proud about having people retire and it motivated everyone, now everyone goes to meetings wondering if it's their last time.  When I was at Krispy Kreme, you never wanted to go eat lunch with the owner because that was his way of getting rid of people, you went to lunch and no one ever saw you again.

HOLD THE PHONE!  You worked for Krispy Kreme?!?!
6 years as GM for them down here until they decided to close 3 shops and downsize.
Bastards!  Just tell me, did they pay you in donuts?  :)
Same rule for managers and employees, all you wanted to eat while you were working and take a dozen a day home with you.  Easier and cheaper that way, everyone gets sick of them real quick and you never want one again.
Indeed. But when I worked the graveyard bake at Winchell's Donuts my sophomore year in college, I was a very, very popular guy at my 8am classes.

Morning, muchachos.
Morning Raz..
Hiya, Flip.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2015, 10:11:27 AM »

I gotta join the club here. Meetings all day and most I have no deal why? Gotta be more cutbacks. Meetings are never good anymore. If I walk in and don't see coffee and cookies it's going to be a long day.
Things have really changed the last 15 years, companies wanted the lifetime employees and we're proud about having people retire and it motivated everyone, now everyone goes to meetings wondering if it's their last time.  When I was at Krispy Kreme, you never wanted to go eat lunch with the owner because that was his way of getting rid of people, you went to lunch and no one ever saw you again.

6 years as GM for them down here until they decided to close 3 shops and downsize.
Same rule for managers and employees, all you wanted to eat while you were working and take a dozen a day home with you.  Easier and cheaper that way, everyone gets sick of them real quick and you never want one again.
Indeed. But when I worked the graveyard bake at Winchell's Donuts my sophomore year in college, I was a very, very popular guy at my 8am classes.

Morning, muchachos.
Morning Raz..
GMornin Raz!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2015, 10:12:14 AM »

NO WAY!  God I love that place!  We had one here for 3 or 4 years, then they closed down - man I miss the fresh donuts!
Love seeing that sign lit up. Morning Shaun.
Damnit I miss that!!!  Mornin Dave!
Sounds like you just found your next career, opening a franchise.
If only I had a couple of $Mil in order to get that done.  I've considered similar ventures since I enjoy retail.  (Don't tell Chip I said that)
yeah, he wondered why the closed the local Pollo Loco's up this way... I didn't realize they turned one into a Popeye's chicken. 
Good morning guys..
Anyhoo, I ain't ever gonna do it so it don't matter.

TWSS

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2015, 10:13:06 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning Raz..
GMornin Raz!
Howdy, Shaun.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2015, 10:15:50 AM »

Good morning everyone!  Been finishing up the truck, still lots to go, and enclosures to clean.  At least I don't have to go to meetings.
Morning, KC. Sounds almost like you're gonna do more work today than I will.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2015, 10:24:05 AM »

Howdy, KC. Tried to greet you earlier but the data network hiccupped.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2015, 10:27:09 AM »

Morning Raz and KC.

KC

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2015, 10:33:43 AM »

Morning Jake!  I've said this before, but I don't know how I got anything done when I had to go to work.  But I had a lot of time to Banter back then.  Between meetings, of course. 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2015, 10:34:15 AM »

Who's the big fan of the Tres Reynas here, is it Scott or NJCADave? Either way, is $59 for a box of coronas a pretty decent deal?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2015, 10:34:42 AM »

Morning Jake!  I've said this before, but I don't know how I got anything done when I had to go to work.  But I had a lot of time to Banter back then.  Between meetings, of course.
Agreed. Seem to get a lot more done when I'm at home, except for bantering.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2015, 10:35:48 AM »

Morning Chip, Dave, Dave, Rick, Purp, Yellow Star, Dave and Mr. Mayor.
Good morning, CADave.  Finally got to the office.  Hellish commute.
Think the train will be available for the ride home?
Yeah, I started receiving messages that it's running again with huge delays.  By the time I have to go home it will be situation normal - all fucked up!
Is it still Tuesday for you, T? Jayzus.
Good morning, Bret.  Just finished an extra large coffee and have been busy with work so I'm not feeling it yet.  I'm sure that'll change soon.  Beautiful day here though so I'm hoping to sneak in a cigar on the way home.

sfish

« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2015, 10:38:26 AM »

Who's the big fan of the Tres Reynas here, is it Scott or NJCADave? Either way, is $59 for a box of coronas a pretty decent deal?
Yes that's me, I'm a fan of the corona black label. I'd say $59 is worth it depending on shipping but I paid $49 on the devil, so $55 shipped. Good cigar IMO though

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2015, 10:39:20 AM »

Morning Chip, Dave, Dave, Rick, Purp, Yellow Star, Dave and Mr. Mayor.
Good morning, CADave.  Finally got to the office.  Hellish commute.
Think the train will be available for the ride home?
Yeah, I started receiving messages that it's running again with huge delays.  By the time I have to go home it will be situation normal - all fucked up!
Is it still Tuesday for you, T? Jayzus.
Good morning, Bret.  Just finished an extra large coffee and have been busy with work so I'm not feeling it yet.  I'm sure that'll change soon.  Beautiful day here though so I'm hoping to sneak in a cigar on the way home.
Go home early. Tell your boss I approved it.

sfish

« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2015, 10:39:21 AM »

Morning KC...who's Jake?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25