CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25

Author Topic: 3/11/2015  (Read 47629 times)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
Re: 3/11/2015
« Reply #195 on: March 11, 2015, 12:02:49 PM »

Morning, all. Daughter was sick yesterday, stayed home with her in the morning, busy when I got to work in the afternoon.
Well that sucks, morning Joe

Not sick enough to be TRULY miserable, which is good.  Morning, Scott.  Made a trip out to Alpine Beer Company over the weekend and picked up a few of their IPAs.  Hopefully the rest of the country will start seeing their stuff soon now that Green Flash owns them.
I feel like I've seen Alpine here, I like Green Flash IPA though. Just found some more VaS 6-packs on Monday less than 10 minutes from work so I'm pumped about that

Alpine barely distributes in San Diego, but from what I've gathered, retailers often 'trade' under the table to sell things they'd otherwise be unable to find.  I would grab any of the IPAs if you see them - Duet, Pure Hoppiness, and my favorite, Nelson.  Great stuff.  Super cheap out here if you go direct to the brewery, only $5-$6 for the 22oz bottles.
So you're calling me a liar then?  :D  The name just seems familiar

LOL, yes, I'm basically calling you a liar.  But it's not Tuesday and I don't know THAT much about beer/distribution so I suppose there's a chance.
Much like your wife and son, it's going to take me awhile to get over this

The truth hurts.  If you see Alpine, try it.  I'm a fan of their IPAs.  Their other stuff is OK, but I rarely bother with them. 

sfish

« Reply #196 on: March 11, 2015, 12:03:21 PM »

I tried another ST Creme' Brulee last weekend, it was the only ST available and I hadn't had it in about a year. It was so sweet I barely got through the whole thing

sfish

« Reply #197 on: March 11, 2015, 12:04:32 PM »

Morning, all. Daughter was sick yesterday, stayed home with her in the morning, busy when I got to work in the afternoon.

Not sick enough to be TRULY miserable, which is good.  Morning, Scott.  Made a trip out to Alpine Beer Company over the weekend and picked up a few of their IPAs.  Hopefully the rest of the country will start seeing their stuff soon now that Green Flash owns them.
I feel like I've seen Alpine here, I like Green Flash IPA though. Just found some more VaS 6-packs on Monday less than 10 minutes from work so I'm pumped about that

Alpine barely distributes in San Diego, but from what I've gathered, retailers often 'trade' under the table to sell things they'd otherwise be unable to find.  I would grab any of the IPAs if you see them - Duet, Pure Hoppiness, and my favorite, Nelson.  Great stuff.  Super cheap out here if you go direct to the brewery, only $5-$6 for the 22oz bottles.

LOL, yes, I'm basically calling you a liar.  But it's not Tuesday and I don't know THAT much about beer/distribution so I suppose there's a chance.

The truth hurts.  If you see Alpine, try it.  I'm a fan of their IPAs.  Their other stuff is OK, but I rarely bother with them.
Have you tried the latest Beer Camp 2015?

sfish

« Reply #198 on: March 11, 2015, 12:05:25 PM »

Does anybody else watch the show, The Following?

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #199 on: March 11, 2015, 12:09:08 PM »

I tried another ST Creme' Brulee last weekend, it was the only ST available and I hadn't had it in about a year. It was so sweet I barely got through the whole thing

Agreed on that one.  I don't understand how people like those absurdly sweet beers.  To each their own but damn, those are hard to power through.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #200 on: March 11, 2015, 12:09:10 PM »

Hope she's better now.  Hate it when the kids are sick.  Hi Joe.

Thanks. She's like me and gets over things fairly quickly.  The boy and wife, not so much.  She's back on her feet, she'd actually stayed home Monday and Tuesday.  Had the time off to take so why not?  Morning, Tony.
Guess she didn't have to worry about any snow days to make up.

Ha, yeah, they don't build those in the school schedule out here.  Morning, Dave.
My kids still have a full week at "Spring Break". How the hell is that possible?
Fish math?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #201 on: March 11, 2015, 12:09:41 PM »

Liar.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #202 on: March 11, 2015, 12:10:15 PM »

Does anybody else watch the show, The Following?
No.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #203 on: March 11, 2015, 12:10:51 PM »

I haven't tried any of the Beer Camp releases.  Only 'new' beer I've added to my favorites list lately is Eviltwin Brewing, Molotov Cocktail single simcoe hop edition.  $7, really high ABV, and has that dank/citrusy mix that I like. 

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #204 on: March 11, 2015, 12:11:12 PM »

Liar.

Ha!  Well played.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #205 on: March 11, 2015, 12:11:45 PM »

That would be one of the nicer things you've been called lately.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #206 on: March 11, 2015, 12:12:34 PM »

Might be the reason it was the only one available,  people who bought it once, won't
 buy it again - present company excluded!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #207 on: March 11, 2015, 12:14:55 PM »

I have to laugh at the anti-fru fru beer commercials that Budweiser has been running lately.   What about AB's Shock Top??

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #208 on: March 11, 2015, 12:17:53 PM »

I have to laugh at the anti-fru fru beer commercials that Budweiser has been running lately.   What about AB's Shock Top??
Wheat beer, that the bartender adds the orange to.  think, poor mans blue moon

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #209 on: March 11, 2015, 12:18:36 PM »

Right?  Or the fact that their parent company, InBev, purchased Goose Island, who puts out the highly acclaimed Bourbon County Stouts?  So they're advertising against their own stuff. 
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25