Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25

« Reply #330 on: March 06, 2015, 05:43:18 PM »

Hi SLY.  Always great to see you.
Hi Tony!  Turned into a really nice day, once the sun was out for awhile and warmed things up (in the sunshine,not shade).  Hallelujah ... I just got the e-mail notification sent out to those on the CFest Friday waiting list ... didn't wait to leave the supermarket, I called the rep right away and secured two tickets for my blind CiL, Gene, and myself, and a hat for Gene.  Yippee ... I'm now kosher/legit for CFest.  My friend, Dave (VA Dave we'll call him), who drove last year, had scored his ticket on the original sale day.  So, we're looking forward to "seeing" you guys last year.  Gene, had such a blast, that within a short period of time, he was talking about wanting to return for 2015.  You guys treated him so nicely ... I want to thank you, Charlie, Mike, Kirpal, everyone who was friendly to him ... he's got great friends at home in the Baltimore area that he herfs with on a regular basis and you guys made him feel right at home.
Congratulations!

« Reply #331 on: March 06, 2015, 05:44:01 PM »

60 degrees and sunny, enjoying an Espinosa and a Beer Camp.  Both Great!
Finally!  Fish has been waiting patiently for your opinion.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #332 on: March 06, 2015, 05:44:11 PM »

Went and grabbed lunch at local McDonalds, two filet of fish for $4, if I wanted one it would have been $4.19! Mother didn't raise any dumb kids that lived.
Haven't had a McFiletOFish in a looooong time.  Howdy, Flip.
hey Tony, you getting ready for your trip downstairs yet, or have they fixed the elevators....
I think he has to start warming up.
They are bringing in a power chair lift for him.
I love McDonalds fish sandwich...  You know, we can't find the frozen fish squares in the grocery stores any more, so we can't make fish sandwich's at home anymore.
OK if you can't find the frozen fish squares, i'm going to give you the benefit of my high school geometry education to help you out.  Put one fish stick rectangle, next to another one, lining up the long sides next to each other, on the bun.  if it looks like the Letter "T" or a long Letter "I", you have done it wrong.  if it looks kinda square, congratulations.   real fish fillet portions, which are batter dipped and fried, will work as well, but they will be annoyingly "fish shaped".  I don't want to even know where you are getting square rolls from to begin with.
We used to be able to buy the same fish squares like they use at McDonalds.  The fish stick seem to be more breading and less fish.  If I wanted good fish, I'd have to stop being lazy and buy some cod from the deli and some Golden Dip Fish Fry to bread it with. yummy...!
there is your big mistake - I get bologna, roast beef, pastrami, and turkey & cheese at the deli or deli counter.  try getting your fish at a fish market, or a fish counter in a supermarket.  up North, we get deli stuff, from our delicatessen's!   ::)
Pasta with white clam sauce for me today.
Local parish has fish fry dinner followed by The Stations of the Cross ... they say they use flounder (real non-Chinese fish!) ... my parish has soup and bread, followed by the Stations ... the idea is you're doing penance, and offering up as a donation for the meal, what it would cost if you went out or ate at home ... the money goes to a worthy charity (Food for the Poor or something similar).  One time they had broccoli cheddar which was unbelievably tasty ... didn't feel like a sacrifice at all ... they said they used the Panera recipe.  Delicious.  Meatless Italian Wedding soup with faux meatballs ... pretty good also ... but usually pretty plain ... which is okay ... one day a week ... one meal a week ... BIG sacrifice!!!
Hah, Panera Soups are made in a huge commercial food processing plant in Springfield, MO and shipped out frozen under many different names.
Really ... thanks for the info ... I have only been a few times, but I did like the broccoli cheddar soup.  Dumb me, I thought they whipped it up in the store ... I think their soup recipes are available online ...
1. Broccoli Cheddar: 50 lbs. of Cheddar Cheese ... 65 lbs. of broccoli ... 25 gallons of water ... 10 lbs of salt ... yield ... 30 gallons of soup ... 480 cups of soup.

« Reply #333 on: March 06, 2015, 05:46:58 PM »

for Oyam18

18 + 3!
I saw that fishmath.   :D
that's what the modify button is for....
I made a conscious decision to allow the modify.  Always pissed me off on CI's site that I can't do that.
Modify is one of the two best features so you can fix things the autocorrect fuct up.  Other top thing is posting pictures, despite a few of them.
Agreed.  And I've made some changes that hopefully have made it a little easier to post a photo.  But maybe too easy.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #334 on: March 06, 2015, 05:47:31 PM »

[...]
Thank you, TR.  This is the third year I have struck out on the day of the sale, but all three times they've come through via the waiting list ... last year was a squeaker, I got two out of only 25 tickets available (people cancel, etc.).  Felt very lucky.  I felt a little anxious this year, since another person was dependent on me.
Are you planning to go, Tex?

« Reply #335 on: March 06, 2015, 05:47:59 PM »

60 degrees and sunny, enjoying an Espinosa and a Beer Camp.  Both Great!
Finally!  Fish has been waiting patiently for your opinion.
First one I have tried but good stuff.  He was worried because I bought 36 bottles based on his recommendation, or at least he thought that anyway. ;D.

« Reply #336 on: March 06, 2015, 05:49:14 PM »

[...]
Bean and I got tickets on sale day for Friday so you will meet 2/3 of Texas.

« Reply #337 on: March 06, 2015, 05:50:29 PM »

for Oyam18

18 + 3!
I saw that fishmath.   :D
that's what the modify button is for....
I made a conscious decision to allow the modify.  Always pissed me off on CI's site that I can't do that.
Modify is one of the two best features so you can fix things the autocorrect fuct up.  Other top thing is posting pictures, despite a few of them.
Agreed.  And I've made some changes that hopefully have made it a little easier to post a photo.  But maybe too easy.
I have noticed posting them was more reliable lately.  Good Work!

« Reply #338 on: March 06, 2015, 05:52:43 PM »

[...]
Glad to hear it.  As far as Gene is concerned, there was no effort exerted.  A BotL is a BotL.  In fact, I wish more of 'em couldn't see me.   ;D

« Reply #339 on: March 06, 2015, 05:59:39 PM »

I'm outta here, gentlemen.  I meant to leave by 3:PM and got stuck with work.  In fact, I'll probably be doing some over the weekend too.  Hope the outsource company treats them with as much attention.  And here's hoping you get warm enough weather to smoke something this weekend.

« Reply #340 on: March 06, 2015, 06:09:54 PM »

I'm outta here, gentlemen.  I meant to leave by 3:PM and got stuck with work.  In fact, I'll probably be doing some over the weekend too.  Hope the outsource company treats them with as much attention.  And here's hoping you get warm enough weather to smoke something this weekend.
Have a great evening Tony!   Better have yourself a martini.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #341 on: March 06, 2015, 06:13:31 PM »

My Famous order with the Asylums and V Lanceros shipped yesterday.  Apparently they threw in a Camacho Corojo and a Rocky Patel Nicaraguan.  Always nice to get semi-free cigars.
I've had maybe two RP Nicaraguan torps and enjoyed them enough to order a 5 pack.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #342 on: March 06, 2015, 06:14:56 PM »

[...]
Wonderful.  Bean has herfed with us here in NoVA at least twice already ... he's real good people.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #343 on: March 06, 2015, 06:23:54 PM »

Went and grabbed lunch at local McDonalds, two filet of fish for $4, if I wanted one it would have been $4.19! Mother didn't raise any dumb kids that lived.
Good deal, Flip ... down here they are advertising the Filet O'Fish with tartar sauce seasoned with Old Bay  ... but no deal.
Here's clip entitiled "Most Badass Movie Scene Ever" ... don't know if I agree with that ... but it's up there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izyVEzlIBpk

See y'all later ... soup time!
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #344 on: March 06, 2015, 06:25:26 PM »

[...]
You were very generous with the vittles, Tony and a gracious tailgate host.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25