CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: 2/24/2015  (Read 54363 times)

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
Re: 2/24/2015
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2015, 12:47:53 PM »

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/02/cleveland_browns_new_logo_unve.html
A lot of hype about not too much of a change.
NEW ORANGE COLOR!  ;)
Pantone 2028 C!
And a "Kick Me!" sign taped to the back of their jerseys?
They're getting new unis in April, too. Maybe we'll just incorporate the sign into the new design.
Aw, I shouldn't tease.  The Seahawks had to wear the Kick Me sign for 36 years, and only got to take it off about 3 years ago.
I'm thinking they could put the sign back on again now... D'OH!
Maybe.  Then again, the Seahawks actually went to the dance. Two years in a row.
and if they had had some decent play calling at the end, would have WON it again.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2015, 12:48:32 PM »

Subject line of e-mail from the Fed:

"ILLUSIONE. Almost everything IN SOCK!‏"

Uh...come again?
Just an illusione...

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2015, 12:54:32 PM »

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/02/cleveland_browns_new_logo_unve.html
NEW ORANGE COLOR!  ;)
Pantone 2028 C!
They're getting new unis in April, too. Maybe we'll just incorporate the sign into the new design.
Aw, I shouldn't tease.  The Seahawks had to wear the Kick Me sign for 36 years, and only got to take it off about 3 years ago.
Maybe.  Then again, the Seahawks actually went to the dance. Two years in a row.
and if they had had some decent play calling at the end, would have WON it again.
Well, they went 13-3 in 2013, won two playoffs, and won the Super Bowl.  They went 12-4 in 2014, won two playoffs, and lost the Super Bowl by 4 points on one bad execution.  It would seem they have some decent play calling. ;-)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2015, 12:56:48 PM »

NEW ORANGE COLOR!  ;)
Pantone 2028 C!
No worries, it's well-earned teasing. Franchise just can't seem to get anything right, for some reason.
Well, Johnny Partyhearty sure disappointed.

I still can't reconcile my head to that.  It doesn't take that high an IQ to do the math that says "Whoa, I'm among the 1% of football players who get to the NFL.  I better not fuck this up."  But fuck it up he did.  Does he dress himself?  Is he housebroken?
Wonder if he has ever shit himself while drunk?   ;)
Do you think there's any question?  Look at what he did on the field.
Real question then, did he ever eat it?   :D
Again, isn't it obvious?  You missed that big, shit-eating grin when he was drafted?

This is why most folks up here around the Emerald City are prepared to anoint Russell Wilson as the Third Coming of Christ.  Elite?  Not elite?  Nobody fuckin' cares.  He works his ass off, stands at the podium and takes his lumps when he loses, never embarrasses the team on or off the field, spends his off time visiting sick kids in the hospital and Instagramming pics of his dogs, and won't even discuss whether his ex-wife cheated on him.  I swear to God, Aaron Rodgers could stand in Pike Place Market and shout that he'll play for the Seahawks for free and he'd get run out on a rail.  Russell Wilson owns this town.

Johnny Manziel could have owned Cleveland the same way.  It's not that hard.  Just act like you give a damn.
Anyone could really owned this town if they wanted, we're so desperate for a winner.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2015, 12:59:23 PM »

Uh...come again?
Well, seems like Bean has some workaference, so....
TWSS!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2015, 01:00:11 PM »

Uh...come again?
Just an illusione...
....and a sock

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2015, 01:03:15 PM »

NEW ORANGE COLOR!  ;)
Pantone 2028 C!
Well, they went 13-3 in 2013, won two playoffs, and won the Super Bowl.  They went 12-4 in 2014, won two playoffs, and lost the Super Bowl by 4 points on one bad execution.  It would seem they have some decent play calling. ;-)
Agreed, which makes that particular play very questionable (wasn't calling all of his play calling to task).  did he really not want Lynch to have the glory enough to jeopardize the game? 

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2015, 01:04:57 PM »

NEW ORANGE COLOR!  ;)
Pantone 2028 C!
No worries, it's well-earned teasing. Franchise just can't seem to get anything right, for some reason.
Well, Johnny Partyhearty sure disappointed.

I still can't reconcile my head to that.  It doesn't take that high an IQ to do the math that says "Whoa, I'm among the 1% of football players who get to the NFL.  I better not fuck this up."  But fuck it up he did.  Does he dress himself?  Is he housebroken?
Wonder if he has ever shit himself while drunk?   ;)
Do you think there's any question?  Look at what he did on the field.
Real question then, did he ever eat it?   :D
Again, isn't it obvious?  You missed that big, shit-eating grin when he was drafted?

This is why most folks up here around the Emerald City are prepared to anoint Russell Wilson as the Third Coming of Christ.  Elite?  Not elite?  Nobody fuckin' cares.  He works his ass off, stands at the podium and takes his lumps when he loses, never embarrasses the team on or off the field, spends his off time visiting sick kids in the hospital and Instagramming pics of his dogs, and won't even discuss whether his ex-wife cheated on him.  I swear to God, Aaron Rodgers could stand in Pike Place Market and shout that he'll play for the Seahawks for free and he'd get run out on a rail.  Russell Wilson owns this town.

Johnny Manziel could have owned Cleveland the same way.  It's not that hard.  Just act like you give a damn.
Anyone could really owned this town if they wanted, we're so desperate for a winner.
And what I don't understand is how Johnny Manziel would rather be a member of Jay Z's posse than have an entire city and a historic football franchise kissing his ass.  That boy is seriously deficient in the cognition dept.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #158 on: February 24, 2015, 01:06:05 PM »

NEW ORANGE COLOR!  ;)
Pantone 2028 C!
Agreed, which makes that particular play very questionable (wasn't calling all of his play calling to task).  did he really not want Lynch to have the glory enough to jeopardize the game?

Thing is, that was a fairly high percentage play and it was the only way they could've possibly gotten in two plays had it not worked but been incomplete.  If Lynch doesn't get in on the first try, which is not a sure thing, game's over.  And if that pass was completed, Pete Carroll (or whoever is calling the plays) is a genius because the whole world thought it'd go to Lynch. 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #159 on: February 24, 2015, 01:10:20 PM »

NEW ORANGE COLOR!  ;)
Pantone 2028 C!

Thing is, that was a fairly high percentage play and it was the only way they could've possibly gotten in two plays had it not worked but been incomplete.  If Lynch doesn't get in on the first try, which is not a sure thing, game's over.  And if that pass was completed, Pete Carroll (or whoever is calling the plays) is a genius because the whole world thought it'd go to Lynch.
Pretty sure they still had at least 1 timeout.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #160 on: February 24, 2015, 01:11:10 PM »

NEW ORANGE COLOR!  ;)
Pantone 2028 C!

Wilson should've just deflated the football a little, then. 

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2015, 01:12:03 PM »

NEW ORANGE COLOR!  ;)
Pantone 2028 C!

And a running play could take longer still... so there! 

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2015, 01:12:45 PM »

NEW ORANGE COLOR!  ;)
Pantone 2028 C!

Wilson should've just deflated the football a little, then.
LOL, Nice!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2015, 01:18:49 PM »

NEW ORANGE COLOR!  ;)
Pantone 2028 C!

And a running play could take longer still... so there!
You know what would've taken even longer? The parade they would've had if they had just run the ball!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20