So Shaun... where'd you guys end up getting a place to stay?  Or did you just get the plane tickets for now?
Just did the plane tickets for now - will be booking the house early next week.  Each couple is picking out our top 3-5homes and then we are going to vote on which one.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/02/cleveland_browns_new_logo_unve.html
A lot of hype about not too much of a change.
NEW ORANGE COLOR!  ;)
Pantone 2028 C!
And a "Kick Me!" sign taped to the back of their jerseys?
They're getting new unis in April, too. Maybe we'll just incorporate the sign into the new design.
Aw, I shouldn't tease.  The Seahawks had to wear the Kick Me sign for 36 years, and only got to take it off about 3 years ago.
No worries, it's well-earned teasing. Franchise just can't seem to get anything right, for some reason.
Well, Johnny Partyhearty sure disappointed.

I still can't reconcile my head to that.  It doesn't take that high an IQ to do the math that says "Whoa, I'm among the 1% of football players who get to the NFL.  I better not fuck this up."  But fuck it up he did.  Does he dress himself?  Is he housebroken?
Wonder if he has ever shit himself while drunk?   ;)
Do you think there's any question?  Look at what he did on the field.

[...]

Real question then, did he ever eat it?   :D

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/02/cleveland_browns_new_logo_unve.html
A lot of hype about not too much of a change.
NEW ORANGE COLOR!  ;)
Pantone 2028 C!
And a "Kick Me!" sign taped to the back of their jerseys?
They're getting new unis in April, too. Maybe we'll just incorporate the sign into the new design.
Aw, I shouldn't tease.  The Seahawks had to wear the Kick Me sign for 36 years, and only got to take it off about 3 years ago.
I'm thinking they could put the sign back on again now... D'OH!

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/02/cleveland_browns_new_logo_unve.html
A lot of hype about not too much of a change.
NEW ORANGE COLOR!  ;)
Pantone 2028 C!
And a "Kick Me!" sign taped to the back of their jerseys?
They're getting new unis in April, too. Maybe we'll just incorporate the sign into the new design.
Aw, I shouldn't tease.  The Seahawks had to wear the Kick Me sign for 36 years, and only got to take it off about 3 years ago.
I'm thinking they could put the sign back on again now... D'OH!
Their coach should be forced to wear a helmet   ;D
Logged

jswaykos

[...]

I think it's easy to forget that they're very young kids when they come in to all this money.  It's easy for us to sit on the sidelines and criticize, but I'm pretty sure that if tens of millions of dollars fell in to my lap when I was 20 years old, it would've been a shit show.

Yeah, you'd think they'd have SOME sort of head on their shoulders about it all, but some of the stuff they get 'caught' doing isn't anything different than what others are doing.  Like Manziel's drunk on an inflated swan thing... looked like a hell of a night, to me.

[...]

And worse yet, who looked at him in college and thought, "this is a mature, well-rounded young man who will certainly do well under the strains and pressures of the NFL"?

So Shaun... where'd you guys end up getting a place to stay?  Or did you just get the plane tickets for now?
Keep in mind Joe, this is a guy who just spent a weekend in a shipping container.

So Shaun... where'd you guys end up getting a place to stay?  Or did you just get the plane tickets for now?
Keep in mind Joe, this is a guy who just spent a weekend in a shipping container.
...but with 14 holes and 11 beers!

[...]

Again, isn't it obvious?  You missed that big, shit-eating grin when he was drafted?

This is why most folks up here around the Emerald City are prepared to anoint Russell Wilson as the Third Coming of Christ.  Elite?  Not elite?  Nobody fuckin' cares.  He works his ass off, stands at the podium and takes his lumps when he loses, never embarrasses the team on or off the field, spends his off time visiting sick kids in the hospital and Instagramming pics of his dogs, and won't even discuss whether his ex-wife cheated on him.  I swear to God, Aaron Rodgers could stand in Pike Place Market and shout that he'll play for the Seahawks for free and he'd get run out on a rail.  Russell Wilson owns this town.

Johnny Manziel could have owned Cleveland the same way.  It's not that hard.  Just act like you give a damn.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/02/cleveland_browns_new_logo_unve.html
A lot of hype about not too much of a change.
NEW ORANGE COLOR!  ;)
Pantone 2028 C!
And a "Kick Me!" sign taped to the back of their jerseys?
They're getting new unis in April, too. Maybe we'll just incorporate the sign into the new design.
Aw, I shouldn't tease.  The Seahawks had to wear the Kick Me sign for 36 years, and only got to take it off about 3 years ago.
I'm thinking they could put the sign back on again now... D'OH!
Maybe.  Then again, the Seahawks actually went to the dance. Two years in a row.

Subject line of e-mail from the Fed:

"ILLUSIONE. Almost everything IN SOCK!‏"

Uh...come again?