CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: 2/12/2015  (Read 46372 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 2/12/2015
« Reply #210 on: February 12, 2015, 03:48:07 PM »

Most of the Finger Lakes is under a Wind Chill Warning from Thursday afternoon into Friday morning or afternoon.

An arctic cold front, which has brought snow to the region Wednesday night and early Thursday, will usher in colder air this afternoon as it passes through the region.

Temperatures will fall quickly as the front moves through, dropping from the 20s this morning into the single digits by the late afternoon. Overnight, temperatures should drop below zero region-wide.

The one exception to this may be from Wayne county southeast into Cayuga and northern Tompkins, where some lake effect snow may fall. The extra clouds just may be enough to keep temperatures a little bit “warmer”.

Winds will gust over 20mph at times this afternoon, overnight and through Friday. This will lead to wind chill values of -20º or colder for most of the area.

Wind chills of this magnitude can cause frostbite and hypothermia in 15-30 minutes. If you must go out, make sure you are completely covered, with no exposed skin. Don’t forget about your pets- they can get frostbite, too.

Unfortunately, there is no relief in sight this weekend. More snow is possible Saturday, followed by even colder temperatures on Sunday.
So when you heading up there? ;)

let me see.......
............ like NEVER!
Don't you have to eventually go up to sign some legal shit or whatever?  ...or can you do that by legal proxy?
I can do it all from here.
Travellin DAve is still living back in the day watching Black and White TV. :)
That may be, but when it comes to legal crap, a lot of stuff remains in the dark ages.  All seemingly designed to require additional lawyers and costs.
Hell, I had to waste half a day to go to court to finalize my crap, and nothing was contested.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #211 on: February 12, 2015, 03:49:41 PM »

Most of the Finger Lakes is under a Wind Chill Warning from Thursday afternoon into Friday morning or afternoon.

An arctic cold front, which has brought snow to the region Wednesday night and early Thursday, will usher in colder air this afternoon as it passes through the region.

Temperatures will fall quickly as the front moves through, dropping from the 20s this morning into the single digits by the late afternoon. Overnight, temperatures should drop below zero region-wide.

The one exception to this may be from Wayne county southeast into Cayuga and northern Tompkins, where some lake effect snow may fall. The extra clouds just may be enough to keep temperatures a little bit “warmer”.

Winds will gust over 20mph at times this afternoon, overnight and through Friday. This will lead to wind chill values of -20º or colder for most of the area.

Wind chills of this magnitude can cause frostbite and hypothermia in 15-30 minutes. If you must go out, make sure you are completely covered, with no exposed skin. Don’t forget about your pets- they can get frostbite, too.

Unfortunately, there is no relief in sight this weekend. More snow is possible Saturday, followed by even colder temperatures on Sunday.
So when you heading up there? ;)

let me see.......
............ like NEVER!
Don't you have to eventually go up to sign some legal shit or whatever?  ...or can you do that by legal proxy?
I can do it all from here.
Travellin DAve is still living back in the day watching Black and White TV. :)
That may be, but when it comes to legal crap, a lot of stuff remains in the dark ages.  All seemingly designed to require additional lawyers and costs.
Things have changed Paw Paw

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #212 on: February 12, 2015, 03:49:47 PM »

http://anthonyscigars.com/product-line/curivari-buenaventura

The new hot cigar with us old guys on Joes banter.
I got my box of 560's on the way.
Charlie bought a box too.  Great deal.  Haven't tried one yet.
Where are the ones I gave you?
I have to go look.  Lotta shit in those humidors.  Also, I want to check out the Achilles.  I hear the first third is a turd but then it gets excellent.  It's supposed to be a well kept secret.  My interest is piqued.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #213 on: February 12, 2015, 03:55:50 PM »

I have to go look.  Lotta shit in those humidors.  Also, I want to check out the Achilles.  I hear the first third is a turd but then it gets excellent.  It's supposed to be a well kept secret.  My interest is piqued.
Look for a nekked stick.  They don't use wrappers.  Red band

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #214 on: February 12, 2015, 03:56:42 PM »

Here's looking up your ol' weather map...

dwgbryant

« Reply #215 on: February 12, 2015, 03:56:52 PM »

nap time.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #216 on: February 12, 2015, 03:57:17 PM »

Look for a nekked stick.  They don't use wrappers.  Red band
I'll report back.  I need to do some reorganizing... It's not just for corporations anymore.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #217 on: February 12, 2015, 03:58:58 PM »

If only CG could have it so warm.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #218 on: February 12, 2015, 03:59:26 PM »

nap time.
Like Tony, be sure to report back when finished

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #219 on: February 12, 2015, 04:02:10 PM »

High of -2 tomorrow, before wind chill...

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #220 on: February 12, 2015, 04:02:45 PM »

I think I will go home.  Later.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #221 on: February 12, 2015, 04:03:23 PM »

High of -2 tomorrow, before wind chill...
Just heard on the news snow in Dallas for Monday.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #222 on: February 12, 2015, 04:04:09 PM »

OMG they might shut down the Homeland Security.   Oh nooo I hope we can survive what are we going to do??????

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #223 on: February 12, 2015, 04:07:45 PM »

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #224 on: February 12, 2015, 04:08:53 PM »

I think I will go home.  Later.
Bye, Dave.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21