Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2021, 04:40:37 PM »

This feels like a classic case of just because we CAN do it doesn't mean we SHOULD do it:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/worlds-fastest-roller-coaster-japan-044128122.html
It looks a bit like Kingda Ka and I won't be doing that one again. Once was plenty.
Space Mountain is like that for me. Once when I was riding it, I had my hands in the air and my finger grazed some track as we were whipping by. Had my hands clutched to my chest the rest of the ride and said that was enough.
That's funny because if you saw Space Mountain in the daylight you'd be questioning what you were so scared about. Of course, I don't have that long ape-like arms like you do.

GFY, it's Tuesday!
I wouldn't call it scared, I'd call it a healthy respect for leaving a ride with the same number of hands and digits I started with.
On Space Mountain, I keep my appendages inside the ride at all times, just like the instructions tell me.
Not sure they tell you that on that ride, or I feel like I definitely would have.
Of course they do!

“Keep your hands and feet inside the car at all times and remain seated until the ride comes to a complete stop”

« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2021, 04:41:37 PM »

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts dead at 80.
I didn't think he would be the first to go. They were supposed to resume there tour next year
He had already bowed out of the tour due to a recent surgery.

« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2021, 04:43:18 PM »

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts dead at 80.
I didn't think he would be the first to go. They were supposed to resume there tour next year
Watts was the second-eldest of them.

They're all on borrowed time.
Not Keith Richards, he's clearly immortal.
Cruising on saved up chemical residue.

« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2021, 04:44:19 PM »

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts dead at 80.
I didn't think he would be the first to go. They were supposed to resume there tour next year
Watts was the second-eldest of them.

They're all on borrowed time.
As are we all.... :-\

« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2021, 04:48:53 PM »

[...]

And of course:

"Por favor, manténgase alejado de las puertas"

« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2021, 04:53:09 PM »

Wrapping this day up.

« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2021, 05:02:49 PM »

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts dead at 80.
Charlie Watts was both a brilliant player and a total class act - a rare combination in the music biz.  If there's anyone in showbiz history that is truly worthy of admiration as a human being, it's Charlie Watts - and whoever's in second place is a long way back.
Fun anecdote for Charlie:

For all of his low-key skill behind the kit, Watts seemed well aware that he was an irreplaceable element of the Stones’ sound. As one famous story from the band’s heyday goes, Jagger once phoned Watts’ hotel room in the midst of an all-night party, asking, “Where’s my drummer?” Watts reportedly got up, shaved, dressed in a suit, put on a tie and freshly shined shoes, descended the stairs, and punched Jagger in the face, saying, “Don’t ever call me your drummer again. You’re my fucking singer!”

« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2021, 05:32:12 PM »

Todays offer from SBC:

Tiny Tuesday Special!
Starting now until tomorrow at midnight we have one special on the categories below!

Lampert
Cavalier Geneve
Espinosa

CODE: LCE = 18% off plus 5% reward points on categories above

Cornelius & Anthony now 45% off!

Cornelius & Anthony

CODE: CornClose = 45% plus 5% reward points on Cornelius & Anthony

Please log in before using code

« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2021, 06:26:00 PM »

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts dead at 80.
I heard that. How sad. He's definitely not the one I thought would go first.

« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2021, 06:29:46 PM »

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts dead at 80.
Charlie Watts was both a brilliant player and a total class act - a rare combination in the music biz.  If there's anyone in showbiz history that is truly worthy of admiration as a human being, it's Charlie Watts - and whoever's in second place is a long way back.
Fun anecdote for Charlie:

For all of his low-key skill behind the kit, Watts seemed well aware that he was an irreplaceable element of the Stones’ sound. As one famous story from the band’s heyday goes, Jagger once phoned Watts’ hotel room in the midst of an all-night party, asking, “Where’s my drummer?” Watts reportedly got up, shaved, dressed in a suit, put on a tie and freshly shined shoes, descended the stairs, and punched Jagger in the face, saying, “Don’t ever call me your drummer again. You’re my fucking singer!”
That's a good story. I want to believe it's true.

« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2021, 06:30:30 PM »

[...]

You could argue that since the car has no top to it, that's ambiguous at best. If you ride a roller coaster without putting your arms in the air, what is even the point?

« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2021, 06:31:01 PM »

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts dead at 80.
I didn't think he would be the first to go. They were supposed to resume there tour next year
Watts was the second-eldest of them.

They're all on borrowed time.
Not Keith Richards, he's clearly immortal.
Keith Richards is Dorian Gray in reverse.  Somewhere there's a portrait of him that keeps getting younger, and when it is exposed he will instantly be transformed into a cherubic child.
That's as solid an explanation as any.

« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2021, 06:31:06 PM »

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts dead at 80.
I heard that. How sad. He's definitely not the one I thought would go first.
Sorry, catching up and I see that the same has already been said.

« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2021, 07:54:36 PM »

And for your Birthday listening pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mREi_Bb85Sk
When I saw the title, I absolutely expected a song filled with fart noises.
It was a bit before your time, but one I always enjoyed.  The guitar, not the farts.
Now we've got to get Mr. Raz to record us a version of it.
I can't improve on perfection.  Glen Campbell could.  But not me.

https://youtu.be/YPJRR74a9xE
No need for improvement.  Enough of an effort just to get through it.
It's not that complicated a piece to play it as Williams wrote it. Williams can play, and compose, much more complicated stuff. But Mike Post, the great composer of immortal TV themes, such as "The Rockford Files," "Hill Street Blues," "Magnum PI," and a number of others, knew a hit when he heard it.  Post booked the Wrecking Crew, who were at the height of their powers. The result was huge.

But it's really not that difficult a piece to play.  Unless of course, Tommy Emmanuel has gotten hold of it.

https://youtu.be/S33tWZqXhnk

« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2021, 08:22:16 PM »

Into the evening... sunset at 8:00...days definitely getting shorter.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8