Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2021, 11:16:12 AM »

This feels like a classic case of just because we CAN do it doesn't mean we SHOULD do it:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/worlds-fastest-roller-coaster-japan-044128122.html
It looks a bit like Kingda Ka and I won't be doing that one again. Once was plenty.
Space Mountain is like that for me. Once when I was riding it, I had my hands in the air and my finger grazed some track as we were whipping by. Had my hands clutched to my chest the rest of the ride and said that was enough.
I was on Space Mountain once when it malfunctioned.  All the emergency flood lights came on so we could walk out.  Seeing how tightly packed together that ride actually is will give you the willies.

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2021, 11:22:55 AM »

Over/Under for today is 7
Raz Over/Under is 10.
11.

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2021, 11:28:45 AM »

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2021, 11:58:22 AM »

This feels like a classic case of just because we CAN do it doesn't mean we SHOULD do it:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/worlds-fastest-roller-coaster-japan-044128122.html
It looks a bit like Kingda Ka and I won't be doing that one again. Once was plenty.
Space Mountain is like that for me. Once when I was riding it, I had my hands in the air and my finger grazed some track as we were whipping by. Had my hands clutched to my chest the rest of the ride and said that was enough.
That's funny because if you saw Space Mountain in the daylight you'd be questioning what you were so scared about. Of course, I don't have that long ape-like arms like you do.

GFY, it's Tuesday!

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2021, 12:05:46 PM »

This feels like a classic case of just because we CAN do it doesn't mean we SHOULD do it:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/worlds-fastest-roller-coaster-japan-044128122.html
It looks a bit like Kingda Ka and I won't be doing that one again. Once was plenty.
Space Mountain is like that for me. Once when I was riding it, I had my hands in the air and my finger grazed some track as we were whipping by. Had my hands clutched to my chest the rest of the ride and said that was enough.
I was on Space Mountain once when it malfunctioned.  All the emergency flood lights came on so we could walk out.  Seeing how tightly packed together that ride actually is will give you the willies.
I have seen pictures of that, and it IS a tight squeeze. A little too tight for my comfort going forward (TNWHS).

« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2021, 12:07:28 PM »

This feels like a classic case of just because we CAN do it doesn't mean we SHOULD do it:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/worlds-fastest-roller-coaster-japan-044128122.html
It looks a bit like Kingda Ka and I won't be doing that one again. Once was plenty.
Space Mountain is like that for me. Once when I was riding it, I had my hands in the air and my finger grazed some track as we were whipping by. Had my hands clutched to my chest the rest of the ride and said that was enough.
That's funny because if you saw Space Mountain in the daylight you'd be questioning what you were so scared about. Of course, I don't have that long ape-like arms like you do.

GFY, it's Tuesday!
I wouldn't call it scared, I'd call it a healthy respect for leaving a ride with the same number of hands and digits I started with.

« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2021, 12:08:40 PM »

This feels like a classic case of just because we CAN do it doesn't mean we SHOULD do it:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/worlds-fastest-roller-coaster-japan-044128122.html
It looks a bit like Kingda Ka and I won't be doing that one again. Once was plenty.
Space Mountain is like that for me. Once when I was riding it, I had my hands in the air and my finger grazed some track as we were whipping by. Had my hands clutched to my chest the rest of the ride and said that was enough.
I was on Space Mountain once when it malfunctioned.  All the emergency flood lights came on so we could walk out.  Seeing how tightly packed together that ride actually is will give you the willies.
I have seen pictures of that, and it IS a tight squeeze. A little too tight for my comfort going forward (TNWHS).
Just yesterday, I saw a video of the Aerosmith coaster at Hollywood Studios with the lights on. Doesn't have quite the same effect as 60 mph in the dark, that's for sure.

« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2021, 12:14:14 PM »

This feels like a classic case of just because we CAN do it doesn't mean we SHOULD do it:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/worlds-fastest-roller-coaster-japan-044128122.html
It looks a bit like Kingda Ka and I won't be doing that one again. Once was plenty.
Space Mountain is like that for me. Once when I was riding it, I had my hands in the air and my finger grazed some track as we were whipping by. Had my hands clutched to my chest the rest of the ride and said that was enough.
That's funny because if you saw Space Mountain in the daylight you'd be questioning what you were so scared about. Of course, I don't have that long ape-like arms like you do.

GFY, it's Tuesday!
I wouldn't call it scared, I'd call it a healthy respect for leaving a ride with the same number of hands and digits I started with.
On Space Mountain, I keep my appendages inside the ride at all times, just like the instructions tell me.

« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2021, 12:20:35 PM »

We need a new word to describe a particular mix of emotion that is becoming increasingly common.  When you're amused, horrified, sad, angry and scornful all at once.  Y'know that feeling when your kid does something really stupid and gets bloodied by it and there's that one moment of horror and adrenaline and fighting the urge to laugh, but your first reaction is to yell at them, "What the fuck were you thinking??"  That.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/moment-tiktoker-plunges-160ft-to-her-death-from-a-turkish-rooftop/ar-AANDPd0?ocid=msedgntp

« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2021, 12:35:11 PM »

This feels like a classic case of just because we CAN do it doesn't mean we SHOULD do it:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/worlds-fastest-roller-coaster-japan-044128122.html
It looks a bit like Kingda Ka and I won't be doing that one again. Once was plenty.
There is also one in Sandusky that I was on.  Least favorite part was the down side of the hill.

« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2021, 12:39:07 PM »

This feels like a classic case of just because we CAN do it doesn't mean we SHOULD do it:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/worlds-fastest-roller-coaster-japan-044128122.html
It looks a bit like Kingda Ka and I won't be doing that one again. Once was plenty.
Space Mountain is like that for me. Once when I was riding it, I had my hands in the air and my finger grazed some track as we were whipping by. Had my hands clutched to my chest the rest of the ride and said that was enough.
I was on Space Mountain once when it malfunctioned.  All the emergency flood lights came on so we could walk out.  Seeing how tightly packed together that ride actually is will give you the willies.
Had that experience as well.  Basically the generic "wild mouse" ride but inside.  Probably won't be going on that one much any more.  The herky-jerkey motion is a bit much for my back .  Matterhorn is worse, as much as I like that ride.  Will just be doing the "smooth" metal coasters going forward.

« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2021, 12:40:08 PM »

[...]

You rule follower you!

« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2021, 12:40:46 PM »

[...]

Also feels much faster than it's 35MPH max.

« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2021, 12:43:42 PM »

Don't forget Undercrowns offered on the CI One Day Deal.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/1-day-deal/?slot=1
Decent enough deal. I enjoy the UC, even though they don't get a lot of love here.
I like them.  One of the few cigars I like much better in the corona (Viva) over the toro.

« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2021, 12:45:00 PM »

And for your Birthday listening pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mREi_Bb85Sk
When I saw the title, I absolutely expected a song filled with fart noises.
It was a bit before your time, but one I always enjoyed.  The guitar, not the farts.
Now we've got to get Mr. Raz to record us a version of it.
I can't improve on perfection.  Glen Campbell could.  But not me.

https://youtu.be/YPJRR74a9xE
No need for improvement.  Enough of an effort just to get through it.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8