CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: 12/15/2014  (Read 43052 times)

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
Re: 12/15/2014
« Reply #210 on: December 15, 2014, 12:13:21 PM »

Hope Tex is out buying ammo - the real wild west...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/14/texas-open-carry_n_6322750.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013
This woman is worried about a guy who can run 25 feet in 1.5 seconds and stab her? Get this guy a tryout with the Browns!
Nice showing this weekend!  :P
No doubt. Best block of the game was the fan in the dawg pound denying entry to the RB who tried to jump up after scoring.

Looked like giving the 'money' sign was a popular celebration by the opposition. I'm sure that will all slow down... or not.   ::)
Yeah, and who didn't see that coming? Another way for them to do some kinda look at me! celebration when they do their jobs right. I'm gonna start doing that at work. I'll walk in the building like Ray Lewis and do the Icky Shuffle at the end of my shift.

"Gonna get some cold cuts! Gonna get some cold cuts!"

;D
Woo hoo!  How was that entry DaveDave?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #211 on: December 15, 2014, 12:17:30 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/14/texas-open-carry_n_6322750.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013
This woman is worried about a guy who can run 25 feet in 1.5 seconds and stab her? Get this guy a tryout with the Browns!
Nice showing this weekend!  :P
No doubt. Best block of the game was the fan in the dawg pound denying entry to the RB who tried to jump up after scoring.

Looked like giving the 'money' sign was a popular celebration by the opposition. I'm sure that will all slow down... or not.   ::)
Yeah, and who didn't see that coming? Another way for them to do some kinda look at me! celebration when they do their jobs right. I'm gonna start doing that at work. I'll walk in the building like Ray Lewis and do the Icky Shuffle at the end of my shift.

"Gonna get some cold cuts! Gonna get some cold cuts!"

;D
Woo hoo!  How was that entry DaveDave?
Suck it, DaveMike.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #212 on: December 15, 2014, 12:18:01 PM »

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #213 on: December 15, 2014, 12:19:06 PM »

I keep thinking about the Michael Brown, Ferguson incident.  The police officer said he feared for his life when Michael Brown charged him.  But, just how fast can a 292 lb person run...?  I'm thinking slow motion, but I really have no idea.  I'd like to see his 40 yard dash gym class scores.
Without going into the politics of that situation, it's not a question of how fast the guy can run.  It's a question of how many bullets will be needed to stop him before he gets to you.  Contrary to cinematic portrayals and urban legend, even the most powerful handgun isn't reliably capable of one-shot-stop unless the shot severs the spinal cord - and that's a really small target surrounded by all kinds of protection that make it hard to hit, even for trained shooters.  And the bigger they are, the less damage any single bullet is likely to do.

Dirty Harry Callahan and his .44 magnum that blows people off their feet (and "...heads clean off") live in a magical universe where the laws of physics for this cosmos don't apply.

Maybe not be 'clean off', but a head shot would leave quite an exit wound. Leaving some minimal motor function, I'm sure.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2014, 12:20:22 PM »

I keep thinking about the Michael Brown, Ferguson incident.  The police officer said he feared for his life when Michael Brown charged him.  But, just how fast can a 292 lb person run...?  I'm thinking slow motion, but I really have no idea.  I'd like to see his 40 yard dash gym class scores.
Without going into the politics of that situation, it's not a question of how fast the guy can run.  It's a question of how many bullets will be needed to stop him before he gets to you.  Contrary to cinematic portrayals and urban legend, even the most powerful handgun isn't reliably capable of one-shot-stop unless the shot severs the spinal cord - and that's a really small target surrounded by all kinds of protection that make it hard to hit, even for trained shooters.  And the bigger they are, the less damage any single bullet is likely to do.

Dirty Harry Callahan and his .44 magnum that blows people off their feet (and "...heads clean off") live in a magical universe where the laws of physics for this cosmos don't apply.
I just thought of it when the, "run 25 foot in 1.5 sec.," came up.  I guess I was thinking there could have been an alternative. But that's too political.  Now, back to cigars.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #215 on: December 15, 2014, 12:22:36 PM »

I just thought of it when the, "run 25 foot in 1.5 sec.," came up.  I guess I was thinking there could have been an alternative. But that's too political.  Now, back to cigars.

It's only political if you have to empty an entire clip... just to be sure.  ;)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #216 on: December 15, 2014, 12:23:28 PM »

Maybe not be 'clean off', but a head shot would leave quite an exit wound. Leaving some minimal motor function, I'm sure.
Yeah, with some variance dependent on the bullet and load.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2014, 12:23:53 PM »

Nice. What the size on these? Pic makes it look like a 60rg churchill. haha

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #218 on: December 15, 2014, 12:25:02 PM »

Haha, 6x46...I wish it would do that for my other cigar ;)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #219 on: December 15, 2014, 12:31:00 PM »

Okay. Settle down Mr. Clinton. Basically a CG then. Like it.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #220 on: December 15, 2014, 12:35:11 PM »

It's all in the filters you use. lol

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #221 on: December 15, 2014, 12:37:46 PM »

Drinking company is here... Time to go for now.  Later...

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #222 on: December 15, 2014, 12:40:36 PM »

It's all in the filters you use. lol

Macro Photography... there could be a whole new career in 'the industry'.  ;)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #223 on: December 15, 2014, 12:43:17 PM »

Drinking company is here... Time to go for now.  Later...

Take me drunk, I'm home again... See ya, BD

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #224 on: December 15, 2014, 12:48:19 PM »

There are always alternatives, some good perhaps, some bad, some neutral.  But make no mistake - only sociopaths can take killing in stride.  Everyone else, including cops, it scars...forever.

The closest I've come is to pull the weapon and aim.  This was 1996. The guy ran, so I didn't have to pull the trigger.  Five minutes later I was hard-pressed to control my bowels.  Four hours later I was still shaking so bad my wife had to light cigarettes for me.  Twenty hours later I could finally fall asleep.  I still have the occasional nightmare.  And I didn't shoot anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21