Hope Tex is out buying ammo - the real wild west...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/14/texas-open-carry_n_6322750.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013
This woman is worried about a guy who can run 25 feet in 1.5 seconds and stab her? Get this guy a tryout with the Browns!
A 5-second 40-yard-dash time would be slow for the NFL, but amounts to 24 feet-per-second.

She misquotes the usual rule of thumb, which states that the average person can cover 20 feet in 1.5 seconds.  Still, she's closer to right than wrong.
Slow for the NFL is pretty fast for most people. Plus, it sounds like she's assuming someone at a dead run. If someone can be coming at her at a dead run and be only 20 feet away without her noticing, I don't think a gun will help her situation.

OK this is from the CI roulette email:
You’re guaranteed to receive ONE box from my magical list:
Alec Bradley Prensado – Robusto – Box of 20
Flor de Las Antillas by My Father – Toro – Box of 20
Romeo Reserva Real – Toro – Box of 25
Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 – Robusto – Box of 20
Nica Rustica by Drew Estrate – El Brujito (toro) – Mazo of 25
Ave Maria Reconquista – Belicoso – Box of 12
Oliva Serie ‘V’ Maduro – Double Toro – 2 Boxes of 10 (20 cigars total)
La Goria Cubana Serie R – No. 5 (robusto) – Box of 24

note: Nica Rustica is packaged from the factory in a 25-count dress mazo.
you pay $99 buck and you get one of these, their choice.... downsides? is it really no great bargain?
good morning everybody!
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

Hope Tex is out buying ammo - the real wild west...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/14/texas-open-carry_n_6322750.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013
This woman is worried about a guy who can run 25 feet in 1.5 seconds and stab her? Get this guy a tryout with the Browns!
I keep thinking about the Michael Brown, Ferguson incident.  The police officer said he feared for his life when Michael Brown charged him.  But, just how fast can a 292 lb person run...?  I'm thinking slow motion, but I really have no idea.  I'd like to see his 40 yard dash gym class scores.

Hope Tex is out buying ammo - the real wild west...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/14/texas-open-carry_n_6322750.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013
This woman is worried about a guy who can run 25 feet in 1.5 seconds and stab her? Get this guy a tryout with the Browns!
I keep thinking about the Michael Brown, Ferguson incident.  The police officer said he feared for his life when Michael Brown charged him.  But, just how fast can a 292 lb person run...?  I'm thinking slow motion, but I really have no idea.  I'd like to see his 40 yard dash gym class scores.
Without going into the politics of that situation, it's not a question of how fast the guy can run.  It's a question of how many bullets will be needed to stop him before he gets to you.  Contrary to cinematic portrayals and urban legend, even the most powerful handgun isn't reliably capable of one-shot-stop unless the shot severs the spinal cord - and that's a really small target surrounded by all kinds of protection that make it hard to hit, even for trained shooters.  And the bigger they are, the less damage any single bullet is likely to do.

Dirty Harry Callahan and his .44 magnum that blows people off their feet (and "...heads clean off") live in a magical universe where the laws of physics for this cosmos don't apply.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

Afternoon, fellas. 10 days to get that Christmas shopping done... no pressure, right.  :o

Afternoon, fellas. 10 days to get that Christmas shopping done... no pressure, right.  :o
Oh crap, I knew there was something else important I needed to do..
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

Top 25 list reveal begins. I know how anxious you all are to see it: http://top25.cigaraficionado.com/
Must have just put it up....checked earlier and nothing.....I'm so anxious!!!  :o
LALTS. 8-10 are out today.
I know I'm retarded but I don't get it... It's supposed to be top25, right?  So where are 11-25?
They think people actually give a shit about these ratings and sit around and wait for them to release the numbers.  When really, it's just a ticket for who can markup their cigar 200% and then clearance it out the next year :)  Ohh, good mornin Tony!
So you won't give a shit when I publish the CigarBanter Top25??
I'd like to suggest adding Acid Kuba Kuba Maduro to the list... Maybe #1 or #2... :)
This is the 4th post out of 5 that you mention those "cigars".  Don't make me have to delete your ID.  ;)
If each member gets to suggest one of their favorites, surely it would get onto the top 25 list.. :)  Let me know when you start making the list.

Top 25 list reveal begins. I know how anxious you all are to see it: http://top25.cigaraficionado.com/
Must have just put it up....checked earlier and nothing.....I'm so anxious!!!  :o
LALTS. 8-10 are out today.
I know I'm retarded but I don't get it... It's supposed to be top25, right?  So where are 11-25?
They think people actually give a shit about these ratings and sit around and wait for them to release the numbers.  When really, it's just a ticket for who can markup their cigar 200% and then clearance it out the next year :)  Ohh, good mornin Tony!
So you won't give a shit when I publish the CigarBanter Top25??
I'd like to suggest adding Acid Kuba Kuba Maduro to the list... Maybe #1 or #2... :)
This is the 4th post out of 5 that you mention those "cigars".  Don't make me have to delete your ID.  ;)
It could be worse, he could be lobbying for the Gurkha triple ligeros.... LOL
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

Hope Tex is out buying ammo - the real wild west...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/14/texas-open-carry_n_6322750.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013
This woman is worried about a guy who can run 25 feet in 1.5 seconds and stab her? Get this guy a tryout with the Browns!
Nice showing this weekend!  :P
No doubt. Best block of the game was the fan in the dawg pound denying entry to the RB who tried to jump up after scoring.

Looked like giving the 'money' sign was a popular celebration by the opposition. I'm sure that will all slow down... or not.   ::)

Afternoon, fellas. 10 days to get that Christmas shopping done... no pressure, right.  :o
Oh no, it really easy, back in August, wife bought some pandora jewelry, that she said would be good for her Christmas gift.  last month, a package came in with a leather purse, that she said would be good for her birthday.  I only had to remember to take the family out to dinner last weekend, at her choice of restaurant, and I was golden.  I bought some stuff from Macy's on cyber monday, I said just put it under the tree, your Christmas shopping is done ...

[...]

Exactly my point, thanks. ;)
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

OK this is from the CI roulette email:
You’re guaranteed to receive ONE box from my magical list:
Alec Bradley Prensado – Robusto – Box of 20
Flor de Las Antillas by My Father – Toro – Box of 20
Romeo Reserva Real – Toro – Box of 25
Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 – Robusto – Box of 20
Nica Rustica by Drew Estrate – El Brujito (toro) – Mazo of 25
Ave Maria Reconquista – Belicoso – Box of 12
Oliva Serie ‘V’ Maduro – Double Toro – 2 Boxes of 10 (20 cigars total)
La Goria Cubana Serie R – No. 5 (robusto) – Box of 24

note: Nica Rustica is packaged from the factory in a 25-count dress mazo.
you pay $99 buck and you get one of these, their choice.... downsides? is it really no great bargain?
good morning everybody!

Yeah... Their choice. May as well order the RP 1990's now.  :o

Not a deal I'm willing to try anyway. They should just be honest and name it "Crap Shoot", cause that's what you're probably getting.

Hope Tex is out buying ammo - the real wild west...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/14/texas-open-carry_n_6322750.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013
This woman is worried about a guy who can run 25 feet in 1.5 seconds and stab her? Get this guy a tryout with the Browns!
Nice showing this weekend!  :P
No doubt. Best block of the game was the fan in the dawg pound denying entry to the RB who tried to jump up after scoring.

Looked like giving the 'money' sign was a popular celebration by the opposition. I'm sure that will all slow down... or not.   ::)
Yeah, and who didn't see that coming? Another way for them to do some kinda look at me! celebration when they do their jobs right. I'm gonna start doing that at work. I'll walk in the building like Ray Lewis and do the Icky Shuffle at the end of my shift.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

Hope Tex is out buying ammo - the real wild west...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/14/texas-open-carry_n_6322750.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013
This woman is worried about a guy who can run 25 feet in 1.5 seconds and stab her? Get this guy a tryout with the Browns!
Nice showing this weekend!  :P
No doubt. Best block of the game was the fan in the dawg pound denying entry to the RB who tried to jump up after scoring.

Looked like giving the 'money' sign was a popular celebration by the opposition. I'm sure that will all slow down... or not.   ::)
Yeah, and who didn't see that coming? Another way for them to do some kinda look at me! celebration when they do their jobs right. I'm gonna start doing that at work. I'll walk in the building like Ray Lewis and do the Icky Shuffle at the end of my shift.

"Gonna get some cold cuts! Gonna get some cold cuts!"

 ;D

[...]

yeah, there were about 4 cigars on the list, i wouldn't mind getting, but there were some i would...
thanks LTG.