CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: 7/24/2017  (Read 8301 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 7/24/2017
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2017, 12:09:01 PM »

@ Travellin Dave - They closed all the Pigly Wigley's in the Low Country and I am not sure about other parts of the state.  As for Bi-Lo, they are horrible stores.  Best grocery in the area is Lowes (owned by the Lowes family of home improvement fame) but they are expensive.  Publix is nice but horribly expensive.  But together they don't have anywhere near the selection of HEB which was the top ranked grocery in the U.S. last year.
when we were in the Orlando area, we found Publix to be value priced.  That is compared to the grocery stores closer to Disney and the time shares.  I prefer ShopRite here in Bergen County, however people lined up outside of a Wegmans before it opened in the NJ shore area recently.
oops, it was Bergen County! http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2017/07/huge_crowds_as_wegmans_opens_new_store_in_hanover.html
Sorta like when the first In-N-Out opened here.  You'd think folks had never seen a hamburger. Probably all the fk'n Californians missing the motherland.
Yea, but those animal style burgers are mighty tasty.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2017, 12:19:11 PM »

@ Travellin Dave - They closed all the Pigly Wigley's in the Low Country and I am not sure about other parts of the state.  As for Bi-Lo, they are horrible stores.  Best grocery in the area is Lowes (owned by the Lowes family of home improvement fame) but they are expensive.  Publix is nice but horribly expensive.  But together they don't have anywhere near the selection of HEB which was the top ranked grocery in the U.S. last year.
when we were in the Orlando area, we found Publix to be value priced.  That is compared to the grocery stores closer to Disney and the time shares.  I prefer ShopRite here in Bergen County, however people lined up outside of a Wegmans before it opened in the NJ shore area recently.
oops, it was Bergen County! http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2017/07/huge_crowds_as_wegmans_opens_new_store_in_hanover.html
Sorta like when the first In-N-Out opened here.  You'd think folks had never seen a hamburger. Probably all the fk'n Californians missing the motherland.
Especially compared to the Vegetable or Mineral burgers(well it has to be one of the three!).

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2017, 12:28:10 PM »

speaking of burgers, stuffed mushroom cedar burgers on the grill with mushroom gravy from last night, no bun.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2017, 12:45:27 PM »

speaking of burgers, stuffed mushroom cedar burgers on the grill with mushroom gravy from last night, no bun.
I like my cigars with a cedar influence....I don't know about my burgers.... ;)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2017, 12:46:44 PM »

Especially compared to the Vegetable or Mineral burgers(well it has to be one of the three!).
::)  Maybe you should have changed your name to Shecky instead of Vitaliano.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2017, 01:21:12 PM »

I did not collude lull?

Threebean

« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2017, 01:33:04 PM »

Speaking of burgers, just realized I have a free Mighty Fine 1/2 lb burger coupon. Take the edge off of this Monday. 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2017, 01:55:00 PM »

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2017, 02:02:37 PM »

Speaking of burgers, just realized I have a free Mighty Fine 1/2 lb burger coupon. Take the edge off of this Monday.
Chicken strips and fries from chicken express. 

Man says they will get it all on this truck, hope he is correct!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2017, 02:04:37 PM »

I never heard of a cedar burger or anything else cedar other than cedar plank salmon which is good so Dean may be on to something there.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2017, 02:05:56 PM »

Chicken strips and fries from chicken express. 

Man says they will get it all on this truck, hope he is correct!
Nothing that a couple of bungee cords and a roof rack can't cover...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2017, 02:07:48 PM »

Not familiar with that one.  Is that your version of a never frozen/hand pressed family style local chain?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2017, 02:10:18 PM »

I never heard of a cedar burger or anything else cedar other than cedar plank salmon which is good so Dean may be on to something there.
Can't imagine a burger would cook the same way on a cedar plank.

I'm betting that he actually wanted to type cheddar but got his burger and cigar posting confused.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2017, 02:18:37 PM »

Can't imagine a burger would cook the same way on a cedar plank.

I'm betting that he actually wanted to type cheddar but got his burger and cigar posting confused.
Maybe he's just trying to make sure his burger stays at the optimal humidity level? :)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2017, 02:18:56 PM »

Hazzuh!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8