CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: 7/17/2017  (Read 10294 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 7/17/2017
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2017, 01:28:39 PM »

Pork Belly Prices Sizzle on Growing Demand for Bacon

Bacon is finally getting a bump as Americans add the fatty strips to everything from corn dogs to french fries, boosting demand while inventory shrinks.

Pork bellies, the cut of meat used to make bacon slices, have surged 174 percent since hitting a five-year low in April, according to wholesale prices from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The price reached $1.6968 a pound Friday, a one-year high.

“It’s really demand that’s driving this,” said Ryan Turner, a risk management consultant at FCStone Group in Kansas City, Mo. “People are putting bacon on anything.”

Bacon-centric food items are fueling sales at Wendy’s Co., which added bacon fries, and McDonald’s Corp., with its sausage and bacon breakfast sandwich. Other culinary wonders include the bacon veggie burger.
That can't be right. Rick Perry says that if you create enough supply, then the demand will follow. And I refuse to believe that Rick Perry doesn't understand the most basic lesson of economics.
I wouldn't be surprised.
Wasn't he the brain surgeon, who doesn't believe in Climate Change, but wanted Texans,
to pray for rain to end a drought? Don't you feel good that as Chairman of the Dept of Energy, he has control
of the Nuclear Regulatory Agency?
The concept of praying amuses me. The idea of Rick Perry in any position of power frightens me.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2017, 01:35:03 PM »

Bacon is finally getting a bump as Americans add the fatty strips to everything from corn dogs to french fries, boosting demand while inventory shrinks.

Pork bellies, the cut of meat used to make bacon slices, have surged 174 percent since hitting a five-year low in April, according to wholesale prices from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The price reached $1.6968 a pound Friday, a one-year high.

“It’s really demand that’s driving this,” said Ryan Turner, a risk management consultant at FCStone Group in Kansas City, Mo. “People are putting bacon on anything.”

Bacon-centric food items are fueling sales at Wendy’s Co., which added bacon fries, and McDonald’s Corp., with its sausage and bacon breakfast sandwich. Other culinary wonders include the bacon veggie burger.
That can't be right. Rick Perry says that if you create enough supply, then the demand will follow. And I refuse to believe that Rick Perry doesn't understand the most basic lesson of economics.
I wouldn't be surprised.
Wasn't he the brain surgeon, who doesn't believe in Climate Change, but wanted Texans,
to pray for rain to end a drought? Don't you feel good that as Chairman of the Dept of Energy, he has control
The concept of praying amuses me. The idea of Rick Perry in any position of power frightens me.
The concept of  positions of power frightens me to begin with. But if we have to have them, the notion of idiots occupying them frightens me somewhat less.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2017, 01:39:18 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised.
The concept of  positions of power frightens me to begin with. But if we have to have them, the notion of idiots occupying them frightens me somewhat less.
I was certain that would be your position.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2017, 01:57:17 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised.
Well, I was being somewhat facetious.  Somewhat.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2017, 02:10:45 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you were being serious.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2017, 02:19:11 PM »

Alright, just about that time. Hazzuh!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2017, 02:24:25 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised.
No, amigo, you aren't sure of that at all.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2017, 02:33:11 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised.
Me neither. Nor WTF you guys are talking about.

Later, LTG.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #98 on: July 17, 2017, 02:41:46 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised.

Later, LTG.
Just a mild case of the usual political banter. ;-)

Howdy, Tony.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2017, 02:59:33 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised.

Later, LTG.

Howdy, Tony.
I figured that part. How goes it, Bret?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2017, 03:00:43 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised.

Later, LTG.

Howdy, Tony.
It mostly don't go.  But I'm working from home so it's only mildly stressing. ;-)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2017, 03:18:03 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised.

Later, LTG.

Howdy, Tony.
It mostly don't go.  But I'm working from home so it's only mildly stressing. ;-)
If anything, working from home only increases my stress. That's why I hardly do it.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2017, 03:19:09 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised.

Later, LTG.

Howdy, Tony.
If anything, working from home only increases my stress. That's why I hardly do it.
I don't usually have to do it on this extreme level. But construction at the office forces the issue.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2017, 03:37:53 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised.

Later, LTG.

Howdy, Tony.
I don't usually have to do it on this extreme level. But construction at the office forces the issue.
My wife and kids are heading down to the Jersey shore for a couple of days next week. I can't wait.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2017, 03:43:25 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised.

Later, LTG.

Howdy, Tony.
My wife and kids are heading down to the Jersey shore for a couple of days next week. I can't wait.
The Warden and #2 son are in Tucson. So pretty quiet here. At least today. Tomorrow my contractor will start setting tile.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10