CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: 7/6/2017  (Read 12286 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 7/6/2017
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2017, 12:04:34 PM »

With IPCPR coming up next week, it will be interesting to hear about new introductions, particularly with the FDA controls in place.  Then again, the FDA requires approval, but has yet to define what that approval process is.  Not too FUBAR.
Funny you mention it, I was just about to post this. Matt Booth sure wasn't gone long.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/exclusive-matt-booth-returns-to-cigar-industry-19469
Interesting that he is using a variation of the Room 101 "flower".
Not to mention the band below the flower sure looks like "101" to me.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2017, 12:26:38 PM »

With IPCPR coming up next week, it will be interesting to hear about new introductions, particularly with the FDA controls in place.  Then again, the FDA requires approval, but has yet to define what that approval process is.  Not too FUBAR.
Funny you mention it, I was just about to post this. Matt Booth sure wasn't gone long.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/exclusive-matt-booth-returns-to-cigar-industry-19469
Hit and Runs available at SBC

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2017, 12:29:27 PM »

Hit and Runs available at SBC
Shall be interesting to see where this goes as I'm not a particular fan of Caldwell cigars.  All hype and quirky names and not much on taste.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2017, 12:30:27 PM »

Hit and Run lull?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2017, 12:35:07 PM »

Thought for Today: "Nothing is worth more than laughter. It is strength to laugh and to abandon oneself, to be light. Tragedy is the most ridiculous thing." - Frida Kahlo (FREE'-dah KAH'-loh), Mexican painter (born this date in 1907, died 1954).
But she was still a commie. Morning, muchachos.
But on what side of the Drumpf Imaginary Wall, brought to you by Drumpf Hotels™ did she live? Morning, Raz.
If there's no wall, there are no sides to live on. Morning, LTG.
Sounds like commie talk to me. Hope you're not going soft on us. (TWSS)
Setting yourself up now?  Getting as bad as Bean.
Just saving him the trouble.
How you view my statement depends on how you view the world. If you buy into, say, John Lennon's view, no wall means no countries, means we're all "sharing all the world," means utopia.

I, on the other hand, see it as a comment on the absurdity of a border without a literal or legal barrier. A porous border equals total economic and political leveling to the lowest and basest common denominator. Only warlords prefer that.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2017, 12:53:45 PM »

Thought for Today: "Nothing is worth more than laughter. It is strength to laugh and to abandon oneself, to be light. Tragedy is the most ridiculous thing." - Frida Kahlo (FREE'-dah KAH'-loh), Mexican painter (born this date in 1907, died 1954).
But on what side of the Drumpf Imaginary Wall, brought to you by Drumpf Hotels™ did she live? Morning, Raz.
How you view my statement depends on how you view the world. If you buy into, say, John Lennon's view, no wall means no countries, means we're all "sharing all the world," means utopia.

I, on the other hand, see it as a comment on the absurdity of a border without a literal or legal barrier. A porous border equals total economic and political leveling to the lowest and basest common denominator. Only warlords prefer that.
So, just to be clear, Drumpf is NOT the warlord in your scenario? That comment seems so absurd as I type it I just had to make sure that's what you meant.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2017, 12:55:13 PM »

So, just to be clear, Drumpf is NOT the warlord in your scenario? That comment seems so absurd as I type it I just had to make sure that's what you meant.
Trump isn't remotely a warlord, he doesn't have the stones for it.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2017, 01:03:12 PM »

Imagine all the people...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2017, 01:06:10 PM »

As will become apparent through the weekend as world leaders either just tolerate him or totally blow him off.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2017, 01:07:11 PM »

Commie song for sure.  Never particularly liked Lennon's music, and much less after Yoko got into it.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2017, 01:07:46 PM »

Commie song for sure.  Never particularly liked Lennon's music, and much less after Yoko got into it.
Not a great Beatles fan overall either.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2017, 01:13:01 PM »

Not a great Beatles fan overall either.
COMMIE! ! !

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2017, 01:13:09 PM »

@CleveDave....you've tried the Diesel Heart of Darkness, yes?  Stand out or just a good Diesel?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2017, 01:21:00 PM »

@CleveDave....you've tried the Diesel Heart of Darkness, yes?  Stand out or just a good Diesel?
I have, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. But, as I'm a bit of a Diesel whore, you can take that with the appropriate grain of salt. But for the right price, I'd be all over them.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2017, 01:22:05 PM »

No, it's the ability to focus on one thing at a time without being distracted by a shiny CNN or MSNBC logo that's his problem.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9