Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2017, 01:30:41 PM »

Thought for Today: "Nothing is worth more than laughter. It is strength to laugh and to abandon oneself, to be light. Tragedy is the most ridiculous thing." - Frida Kahlo (FREE'-dah KAH'-loh), Mexican painter (born this date in 1907, died 1954).
But she was still a commie. Morning, muchachos.
But on what side of the Drumpf Imaginary Wall, brought to you by Drumpf Hotels™ did she live? Morning, Raz.
If there's no wall, there are no sides to live on. Morning, LTG.
Sounds like commie talk to me. Hope you're not going soft on us. (TWSS)
Setting yourself up now?  Getting as bad as Bean.
Just saving him the trouble.
How you view my statement depends on how you view the world. If you buy into, say, John Lennon's view, no wall means no countries, means we're all "sharing all the world," means utopia.

I, on the other hand, see it as a comment on the absurdity of a border without a literal or legal barrier. A porous border equals total economic and political leveling to the lowest and basest common denominator. Only warlords prefer that.
So, just to be clear, Drumpf is NOT the warlord in your scenario? That comment seems so absurd as I type it I just had to make sure that's what you meant.
Trump isn't remotely a warlord, he doesn't have the stones for it.
No, it's the ability to focus on one thing at a time without being distracted by a shiny CNN or MSNBC logo that's his problem.
It's not a problem. There's no constitutional requirement that the president have an attention span.

« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2017, 01:31:59 PM »

[...]

True. Though, that feels like one of those things the founding fathers never thought would come up, so they didn't bother putting it in there. Figured it would go without saying.

« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2017, 01:35:02 PM »

[...]

Give the man some credit, he's the best thing to happen to the mainstream media in 15 years.  He's their shiny object.

« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2017, 01:37:06 PM »

[...]

I'm not so sure. Few of them wanted anything resembling the Imperial Presidency. The office has become more significant in the minds of citizens than it should be.

« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2017, 01:38:43 PM »

[...]

And he's put the Democrat party against the wall.

« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2017, 01:42:23 PM »

[...]

Or a conscience, or a filter, or intelligence, or competence, or self control, or....

« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2017, 01:42:28 PM »

[...]

I would have a hard time doubting someone who told me that Lorne Michaels paid him to run for the presidency, because he knew what it would do for SNL's ratings.

« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2017, 01:43:28 PM »

[...]

#fakecharactertraits

« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2017, 01:46:24 PM »

[...]

I would contest that....they, and smug Hillary thought they had it made, took their foot off the gas (never really had their foot ON the gas), put it on the dashboard and figured they would just coast the last couple of miles.

« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2017, 01:47:51 PM »

[...]

Barack Obama gets credit for that. As an episode of American Experience points out, Trump made the decision to run after Obama invited him to a dinner at the White House and then publicly and repeatedly insulted him.

Now, the fact that Trump deserved the insults is beside the point. It's always a miscalculation to poke tigers, especially socially retarded ones.

So Obama screwed himself and his party on that deal.

« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2017, 01:58:29 PM »

[...]

Certainly the Democrats screwed themselves on that count, but since the election Trump has continuously provoked their ire, to the point where we have CNN exposed for what it is. As an article I was reading yesterday asserted, the Democrats have two choices now. They can take a "high" road, ignore Trump's provocations, and work at winning back working class whites, or they can continue to push the media narratives that have been exposed as lies, despite the fact more than 60% of Americans don't believe the media has much, if any, credibility. Either way, it spells the end of the Democratic party as we know it.  One way they have to abandon their extreme and vocal liberal base, the other they make Trump the story for the next four years. It's an untenable position for the Democrat party.

« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2017, 01:59:14 PM »

Damn, how is TxDave not here to bring his measured perspective to this lively political discussion?

« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2017, 02:13:49 PM »

[...]

Somehow, I doubt Trump will need any help making himself look like a fool for the next 4 years.

« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2017, 02:14:21 PM »

Damn, how is TxDave not here to bring his measured perspective to this lively political discussion?
Yeah, we need an unbiased mind to weigh in here.

« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2017, 02:18:15 PM »

[...]

And not even the full 4 years. 1,216 days until election day 2020. He can do that himself easy.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9