CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: 9/2/2014  (Read 39777 times)

dwgbryant

Re: 9/2/2014
« Reply #225 on: September 02, 2014, 05:55:51 PM »

a BIC lighter blew up my dash compartment in my Nissan Sentra. Sheesh!
shit, I keep a spare BIC in my car are just in case. guess I'll quit that.
hello Ken.

dwgbryant

« Reply #226 on: September 02, 2014, 05:58:44 PM »

Good thing it was not in your pocket could have blown your pecker off.
Warning label says not to exceed 122 deg F. I don't believe I woul;d have been sitting in a 122 degree heat, but yes I guess it is possible. I'm not sure why the lighter was in that compartment. I usually have sunglasses in there. My work car that gets 35 MPG. Park it for two weeks at a time usually at an airport/ heliport. And don't drive it much when I'm home either.
It can certainly get that hot with windows up in the sun.
we had alot of people in NY getting arrested for leaving their kids in the car while the parent(s) were off shopping/drinking/loving, etc. assholes!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #227 on: September 02, 2014, 06:01:04 PM »

Warning label says not to exceed 122 deg F. I don't believe I woul;d have been sitting in a 122 degree heat, but yes I guess it is possible. I'm not sure why the lighter was in that compartment. I usually have sunglasses in there. My work car that gets 35 MPG. Park it for two weeks at a time usually at an airport/ heliport. And don't drive it much when I'm home either.
we had alot of people in NY getting arrested for leaving their kids in the car while the parent(s) were off shopping/drinking/loving, etc. assholes!
That is a regular event in TX too and they can be dead in 30 minutes or less here in the summer.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #228 on: September 02, 2014, 06:02:20 PM »

Find anything interesting in your explorations today Dean?

dwgbryant

« Reply #229 on: September 02, 2014, 06:04:00 PM »

That is a regular event in TX too and they can be dead in 30 minutes or less here in the summer.
I don't know what the fuck people are thinking anymore these days, or not thinking.

dwgbryant

« Reply #230 on: September 02, 2014, 06:05:06 PM »

Find anything interesting in your explorations today Dean?
golf courses are a ways away but not to pricy in the middle if the day.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #231 on: September 02, 2014, 06:05:14 PM »

Wow.  That could happen to the CI servers if it continues to be this hot?

glassken

« Reply #232 on: September 02, 2014, 06:07:29 PM »

hello Ken.
me too, just not usually in that dash compartment. It is very close to the windshield, and could possibly get hotter than, say a glove compartment or side door compartment. Could have been a defective lighter, too. But the reason I'm sharing is that obviously, it could happen. Because it did! I use them as backup lighters, due to my cigar lighters being good for a few cigars at best. Guess, I will just buy some more Ronsons! Thanks Louisiana Dave!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #233 on: September 02, 2014, 06:09:34 PM »

Afternoon gents.  Looks like summer finally got here.  Just in time for school to start and dress-down to end at work.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #234 on: September 02, 2014, 06:10:54 PM »

I don't know what the fuck people are thinking anymore these days, or not thinking.
People are stupid.

glassken

« Reply #235 on: September 02, 2014, 06:12:25 PM »

Afternoon gents.  Looks like summer finally got here.  Just in time for school to start and dress-down to end at work.
Tony, it is strange that it only started to get hot down here in the middle of August. Usually starts at the end of June and stays hot till September.

glassken

« Reply #236 on: September 02, 2014, 06:12:48 PM »

People are stupid.
+1000!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #237 on: September 02, 2014, 06:14:41 PM »

hello Ken.
me too, just not usually in that dash compartment. It is very close to the windshield, and could possibly get hotter than, say a glove compartment or side door compartment. Could have been a defective lighter, too. But the reason I'm sharing is that obviously, it could happen. Because it did! I use them as backup lighters, due to my cigar lighters being good for a few cigars at best. Guess, I will just buy some more Ronsons! Thanks Louisiana Dave!
Can't go wrong with those Jetlites for under $4

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #238 on: September 02, 2014, 06:36:02 PM »

Tony, it is strange that it only started to get hot down here in the middle of August. Usually starts at the end of June and stays hot till September.
I'm in the car, covered parking lot, waiting for the warden (blah blah, I'll only be a sec blah blah).  Outside temp showing 96°.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #239 on: September 02, 2014, 06:40:35 PM »

I'm in the car, covered parking lot, waiting for the warden (blah blah, I'll only be a sec blah blah).  Outside temp showing 96°.
Shit that is hotter than here by a couple of degrees.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19