Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

dwgbryant

a BIC lighter blew up my dash compartment in my Nissan Sentra. Sheesh!
shit, I keep a spare BIC in my car are just in case. guess I'll quit that.
hello Ken.
Logged

dwgbryant

a BIC lighter blew up my dash compartment in my Nissan Sentra. Sheesh!
Good thing it was not in your pocket could have blown your pecker off.
Warning label says not to exceed 122 deg F. I don't believe I woul;d have been sitting in a 122 degree heat, but yes I guess it is possible. I'm not sure why the lighter was in that compartment. I usually have sunglasses in there. My work car that gets 35 MPG. Park it for two weeks at a time usually at an airport/ heliport. And don't drive it much when I'm home either.
It can certainly get that hot with windows up in the sun.
we had alot of people in NY getting arrested for leaving their kids in the car while the parent(s) were off shopping/drinking/loving, etc. assholes!

a BIC lighter blew up my dash compartment in my Nissan Sentra. Sheesh!
Good thing it was not in your pocket could have blown your pecker off.
Warning label says not to exceed 122 deg F. I don't believe I woul;d have been sitting in a 122 degree heat, but yes I guess it is possible. I'm not sure why the lighter was in that compartment. I usually have sunglasses in there. My work car that gets 35 MPG. Park it for two weeks at a time usually at an airport/ heliport. And don't drive it much when I'm home either.
It can certainly get that hot with windows up in the sun.
we had alot of people in NY getting arrested for leaving their kids in the car while the parent(s) were off shopping/drinking/loving, etc. assholes!
That is a regular event in TX too and they can be dead in 30 minutes or less here in the summer.

Find anything interesting in your explorations today Dean?
[...]

I don't know what the fuck people are thinking anymore these days, or not thinking.
Logged

dwgbryant

Find anything interesting in your explorations today Dean?
golf courses are a ways away but not to pricy in the middle if the day.

a BIC lighter blew up my dash compartment in my Nissan Sentra. Sheesh!
Wow.  That could happen to the CI servers if it continues to be this hot?
Logged

glassken

a BIC lighter blew up my dash compartment in my Nissan Sentra. Sheesh!
shit, I keep a spare BIC in my car are just in case. guess I'll quit that.
hello Ken.
me too, just not usually in that dash compartment. It is very close to the windshield, and could possibly get hotter than, say a glove compartment or side door compartment. Could have been a defective lighter, too. But the reason I'm sharing is that obviously, it could happen. Because it did! I use them as backup lighters, due to my cigar lighters being good for a few cigars at best. Guess, I will just buy some more Ronsons! Thanks Louisiana Dave!

Afternoon gents.  Looks like summer finally got here.  Just in time for school to start and dress-down to end at work.

[...]
People are stupid.
Logged

glassken

Afternoon gents.  Looks like summer finally got here.  Just in time for school to start and dress-down to end at work.
Tony, it is strange that it only started to get hot down here in the middle of August. Usually starts at the end of June and stays hot till September.
Logged

glassken

[...]
+1000!

a BIC lighter blew up my dash compartment in my Nissan Sentra. Sheesh!
shit, I keep a spare BIC in my car are just in case. guess I'll quit that.
hello Ken.
me too, just not usually in that dash compartment. It is very close to the windshield, and could possibly get hotter than, say a glove compartment or side door compartment. Could have been a defective lighter, too. But the reason I'm sharing is that obviously, it could happen. Because it did! I use them as backup lighters, due to my cigar lighters being good for a few cigars at best. Guess, I will just buy some more Ronsons! Thanks Louisiana Dave!
Can't go wrong with those Jetlites for under $4

Afternoon gents.  Looks like summer finally got here.  Just in time for school to start and dress-down to end at work.
Tony, it is strange that it only started to get hot down here in the middle of August. Usually starts at the end of June and stays hot till September.
I'm in the car, covered parking lot, waiting for the warden (blah blah, I'll only be a sec blah blah).  Outside temp showing 96°.

Afternoon gents.  Looks like summer finally got here.  Just in time for school to start and dress-down to end at work.
Tony, it is strange that it only started to get hot down here in the middle of August. Usually starts at the end of June and stays hot till September.
I'm in the car, covered parking lot, waiting for the warden (blah blah, I'll only be a sec blah blah).  Outside temp showing 96°.
Shit that is hotter than here by a couple of degrees.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19