« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2017, 02:00:19 PM »

Another jam already? But the prices... Sheesh!

My Father No. 1 (robusto) (5.2"x52)
5/$47.50
A whopping $2.00 Off MSRP, what a damn deal JOKE!
3-1/2 hours and not even half sold.
This jambalaya has one ingredient. WTF?
Okra, you need some good okra for a decent jambalaya, and rice and the trinity, and shrimp,
and that cajun sausage, and gumbo file....
hello boys...
Do you mean andouille?
You beat me too it...
Usually do.... ;)

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2017, 02:00:58 PM »

Another jam already? But the prices... Sheesh!

My Father No. 1 (robusto) (5.2"x52)
5/$47.50
A whopping $2.00 Off MSRP, what a damn deal JOKE!
3-1/2 hours and not even half sold.
This jambalaya has one ingredient. WTF?
Okra, you need some good okra for a decent jambalaya, and rice and the trinity, and shrimp,
and that cajun sausage, and gumbo file....
hello boys...
There is no okra in Jambalaya nor is there file in Jambalaya !

Afternoon Not A Cajun Flip
Don't know how authentic it is, but I definitely have seen okra in jambalaya. Just sayin'.

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2017, 02:01:41 PM »

Another jam already? But the prices... Sheesh!

My Father No. 1 (robusto) (5.2"x52)
5/$47.50
A whopping $2.00 Off MSRP, what a damn deal JOKE!
3-1/2 hours and not even half sold.
This jambalaya has one ingredient. WTF?
Okra, you need some good okra for a decent jambalaya, and rice and the trinity, and shrimp,
and that cajun sausage, and gumbo file....
hello boys...
Do you mean andouille?
You beat me too it...
Usually do.... ;)
I completely expected that from you.

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2017, 02:07:10 PM »

Appears this is going to be a slow day.  Damn.  And I took the day off to banter!

Well, also waiting to hear from a guy about a travel trailer the warden wants me to buy.
Morning, RVRaz.
Morning, Golfer.

The progression of the Warden as pertains to purchase of a new travel trailer:

Me: Y'know, we really should get a bigger trailer so we can fit the boys and their girlfriends.
Her: NO!  I love my little trailer.

Me (a month later): We're going to be stacked to the rafters on Memorial Day.
Her: It costs too much.

Her (three days later, with Craigslist ad):  This one's kinda cool.
Me: I could check it out on the way home from work.
Her: No!  I like going to look at them.
Me: I'll make an appointment for us both to look
Her: No, it costs too much.

Her (two days later, email): Here are four that I like.
Me: I could set up appointments.
Her: No! We have too much to do for Memorial Day.  We'll start shopping two weeks after.

Her (last night): I want this one.
Me: I'll e-mail the guy.
Her: Can you take tomorrow off?
Me: Sure.
Her: You'll need to stop by the bank and get cash.
Me: Leggo my ears, I know what I'm doin'.
Makes perfect sense to me, what's your issue?
No issue.  Just find it amusing.  It's a first, because historically her modus operandi was to make me make all the big decisions so she didn't have to feel guilty about spending so much money.  This time around, it's all her.
And let me guess, the one she picked is a fair amount pricier than the one you originally proposed.

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2017, 02:13:42 PM »

Jam finally made it to Oliva O's.  10 Torps for 39.99.

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2017, 02:20:57 PM »

Time to make like a tree and get outta here. Hazzuh!

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2017, 02:34:55 PM »

Jam finally made it to Oliva O's.  10 Torps for 39.99.
Now Graycliff 10 year Vintage Maduro  Robusto's, 5/$24.99

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2017, 02:35:09 PM »

Another jam already? But the prices... Sheesh!

My Father No. 1 (robusto) (5.2"x52)
5/$47.50
A whopping $2.00 Off MSRP, what a damn deal JOKE!
3-1/2 hours and not even half sold.
This jambalaya has one ingredient. WTF?
Okra, you need some good okra for a decent jambalaya, and rice and the trinity, and shrimp,
and that cajun sausage, and gumbo file....
hello boys...
There is no okra in Jambalaya nor is there file in Jambalaya !

Afternoon Not A Cajun Flip
you didn't say gumbo, you say jambalaya, or Joe's jambalaya, NOT Gregg's gumbo?  8)

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2017, 02:39:20 PM »

[...]

That's not how I read it. I'm pretty sure you'll still get blamed when the shit hits the fan belt.
Pretty sure that goes without saying.
No evading that.

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2017, 02:40:19 PM »

[...]

by about 2K, we had a 6 cylinder in the Pontiac Torrent, the 4 offered with the 2007 torrent was much less of an engine.  but the 4 Cyl GMC engine was within 2 HP of the car we were replacing, and same size vehicle.
She never steps on the gas hard, and we road tested both models.  6 cyl GMC had better pickup than my old 76 camaro.

« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2017, 03:20:09 PM »

Time to go to the house.

« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2017, 03:35:56 PM »

Time to go to the house.
When you gotta go, you gotta go!

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2017, 03:36:23 PM »

Time to go to the house.
What's the countdown....haven't seen an update recently.

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2017, 03:37:08 PM »

Finally, what was the final cost of the light?  Pretty sure I won the prize, but still curious.

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2017, 03:40:52 PM »

More great contributions by Texas politicians....

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2017/04/texas-bill-prohibiting-male-masturbation-moves-closer-becoming-law/

No wonder TexDave is moving to South Carolina!