« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2017, 03:55:31 PM »

Jam finally made it to Oliva O's.  10 Torps for 39.99.
Now Graycliff 10 year Vintage Maduro  Robusto's, 5/$24.99
Followed by Kuba Kuba robusto's
Now CAO Columbia Tinto  Robusto 5 for $20.75

« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2017, 04:38:26 PM »

Another jam already? But the prices... Sheesh!

My Father No. 1 (robusto) (5.2"x52)
5/$47.50
A whopping $2.00 Off MSRP, what a damn deal JOKE!
3-1/2 hours and not even half sold.
This jambalaya has one ingredient. WTF?
Okra, you need some good okra for a decent jambalaya, and rice and the trinity, and shrimp,
and that cajun sausage, and gumbo file....
hello boys...
There is no okra in Jambalaya nor is there file in Jambalaya !

Afternoon Not A Cajun Flip
Don't know how authentic it is, but I definitely have seen okra in jambalaya. Just sayin'.
Just say'n I was born there and lived in Louisiana for over 35 years staying very true to cooking traditions and have a major collection of real Louisiana Cookbooks and you don't put okra in Jambalaya,  now just like beans in Texas Chili that does not mean some idiots have never done it.

Edit:  It is an acceptable option to put okra in Gumbo which is kind of a regional thing.  File' is also an option for gumbo but never in jambalaya.

« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2017, 04:39:53 PM »

Time to go to the house.
What's the countdown....haven't seen an update recently.
Did you read the Banter today?

« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2017, 04:41:27 PM »

Finally, what was the final cost of the light?  Pretty sure I won the prize, but still curious.
$240 + tax for the light and $130 + tax for installing it totaling about $405

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2017, 04:41:55 PM »

LP Undercrown Toro lit.

« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2017, 04:44:55 PM »

[...]

I never put beans in Texas chili, Hell I know better than that!

« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2017, 05:00:09 PM »

[...]

There are 3 different cultures of food in Louisiana and they are very different in style and ingredients even though dishes may be called the same thing.

« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2017, 05:40:41 PM »

Time to go to the house.
What's the countdown....haven't seen an update recently.
Did you read the Banter today?
Not every page....sheesh....not that there are that many... :P

« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2017, 05:43:58 PM »

Finally, what was the final cost of the light?  Pretty sure I won the prize, but still curious.
$240 + tax for the light and $130 + tax for installing it totaling about $405
So I got it on my second guess!  What does he get behind door number 2 Carol Merrill ?

« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2017, 05:45:31 PM »

OK, so 59 days, you could have just told me.   ::)

« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2017, 05:46:56 PM »

Time to be heading to the hotel, fire up a cigar, then out to get some dinner.

« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2017, 06:35:56 PM »

OK, so 59 days, you could have just told me.   ::)
We got to keep you on your toes around here!  There are some younger ones that think you are slipping a bit.

« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2017, 06:40:30 PM »

OK, so 59 days, you could have just told me.   ::)
We got to keep you on your toes around here!  There are some younger ones that think you are slipping a bit.
Hell, I think I'm slipping a bit.... :-[

« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2017, 07:08:36 PM »

OK, so 59 days, you could have just told me.   ::)
We got to keep you on your toes around here!  There are some younger ones that think you are slipping a bit.
Hell, I think I'm slipping a bit.... :-[
It's ok as long as you know it, when you are and don't know it is when you have a problem!

« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2017, 07:18:57 PM »

[...]

Love to learn new things on the banter. I think I'll come back tomorrow.