CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: 2/8/2017  (Read 16040 times)

sfish

Re: 2/8/2017
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2017, 09:10:20 AM »

I need to get a bigger tub, the one Tex posted was nicer than the one I currently use and I need to get rid of my small humidors. I have 4 small, CFest-sized humis in use and I'm tired of maintaining them. My "staple" medium desktop will always be used, it's my favorite but the others have to go this spring

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2017, 09:15:46 AM »

Quick look over about ten sites, and the only one that even has Johnny Tobacconaut is SmokeInn.  Not discounted.  I would say overall inventory except maybe Payback is fairly low.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2017, 09:18:50 AM »

Holt's still has MCII, Daruma Gold and Uncle Lee for some of the lowest prices.
Prices inflated at JR.
I'm stocked (at my level, not Tex's) on MCII's but never bought the Uncle Lee's
They are a solid cigar, but wouldn't have them take up the space (of some Namakubi's for example)  if you are storage critical.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2017, 09:20:38 AM »

The Page has Camacho today and of course some knives.
Thought they might include a Room 101 with them, and sure enough, the San Andres 808 6x60 logs.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2017, 09:24:12 AM »

Quick look over about ten sites, and the only one that even has Johnny Tobacconaut is SmokeInn.  Not discounted.  I would say overall inventory except maybe Payback is fairly low.

Production estimates were 3,500 boxes. I find it hard to believe that many have sold at the "regular" pricing...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2017, 09:31:26 AM »

I need to get a bigger tub, the one Tex posted was nicer than the one I currently use and I need to get rid of my small humidors. I have 4 small, CFest-sized humis in use and I'm tired of maintaining them. My "staple" medium desktop will always be used, it's my favorite but the others have to go this spring
You could always upgrade humi's
First one is the best bargain ($250 at Atlantic), second is from CI for 1.1K or Havana Footlocker which regularly appears on the Devil , on CI for $150.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2017, 09:34:00 AM »

Production estimates were 3,500 boxes. I find it hard to believe that many have sold at the "regular" pricing...
Don't disagree, but can't seem to find them.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2017, 09:35:34 AM »

First one is the best bargain ($250 at Atlantic), second is from CI for 1.1K or Havana Footlocker which regularly appears on the Devil , on CI for $150.
I have #1 and #3 and have been happy with them.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2017, 09:42:17 AM »

I would have figured you for some double door, china cabinet size setup...

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2017, 09:43:45 AM »

Don't disagree, but can't seem to find them.

Chief Cool Arrows were only 1,000 boxes... so, you get the feeling he already made up his mind even before that production began.

Threebean

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2017, 09:44:04 AM »

Those are certainly not the cheapy cheapo approved solution.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2017, 09:48:09 AM »

I know. That's why I questioned Dave... he actually buys $10+ cigars too.  ;)

Threebean

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2017, 09:53:03 AM »

I know. That's why I questioned Dave... he actually buys $10+ cigars too.  ;)
Don't try to keep up with those high rolling Atlantic reps.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2017, 09:54:12 AM »

Just like crown molding, sometimes aesthetics and style are part of the solution as well.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2017, 09:55:38 AM »

I've considered this, but couldn't pull the trigger knowing how many cigars that could be. lol
Looks identical to NJDave's second pic option, but for $722. At one time, I actually had a 15% off cpn as well. ($614)

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/humidors/large-humidors/the-tower-cigar-humidor.html
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12