CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: 2/8/2017  (Read 16006 times)

sfish

Re: 2/8/2017
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2017, 08:17:48 AM »

Nice MoW trio over at the sis today.
El Oso Papas on the Mash.

Are you waiting for the Mamas to reappear?
According to Famous Mama's have been discontinued and all these recent Papa offers would indicate that for them.   Not shopping for either as I am very well stocked from the first Mash offering.
The only thing I'm really waiting for is a Namakubi clearance, no room for anything else until the weather breaks and I can smoke in earnest again

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2017, 08:18:20 AM »

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2017, 08:22:25 AM »

Needs a good cigar to have with his porridge.

I only bought the Mamas, smoked one OTT and really liked it. I may eventually pick up the Papas if they remain available but not in the market now.
A great $10 smoke and no doubt the best $5.50 smoke I can remember having.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2017, 08:22:28 AM »

According to Famous Mama's have been discontinued and all these recent Papa offers would indicate that for them.   Not shopping for either as I am very well stocked from the first Mash offering.

You can still find them in good supply at outer outlets. I picked up a box of the Papas in December (same Mash Deal) and this is the first week I've noticed them back... debating on getting another since they are rare appearances... and apparently could be discontinued. They are a great smoke.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2017, 08:23:37 AM »

Time for remedial PW training for Travellin Dave. ;D

He will only claim it was to keep us on our toes... and give us something to post about.  ;)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2017, 08:24:20 AM »

The only thing I'm really waiting for is a Namakubi clearance, no room for anything else until the weather breaks and I can smoke in earnest again
I am starting to think we may not see that deal at the levels we are thinking about.  But I sure hope it happens!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2017, 08:28:20 AM »

Best deal so for was the 24hr sale at JR... last month I think. I picked up a box of Roxxo's for $64 delivered. I will be surprised to see the bottom fall out for this line, but if it does, I will be right there with you to stock up. I'd even go for some Tobacconauts for Uncle Lee pricing...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2017, 08:49:02 AM »

I only bought the Mamas, smoked one OTT and really liked it. I may eventually pick up the Papas if they remain available but not in the market now.
Atlantic has an El Oso exclusive, Ursus 2016 for only $99.95 (even for the common folk)

sfish

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2017, 08:51:13 AM »

I am starting to think we may not see that deal at the levels we are thinking about.  But I sure hope it happens!
I was starting to think the same thing but it stands to reason they'll have to close them out eventually, just depends what sizes are left. I probably should have bought the Tiburons from JR but I thought the deals would get even better

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2017, 08:56:01 AM »

Best deal so for was the 24hr sale at JR... last month I think. I picked up a box of Roxxo's for $64 delivered. I will be surprised to see the bottom fall out for this line, but if it does, I will be right there with you to stock up. I'd even go for some Tobacconauts for Uncle Lee pricing...
I think inventories have already been pretty reduced, so not sure if there will be any additional significant reductions (except by Famous  ::))  Guess I'm on my Atlantic rant, but they have a fair variety of blends and vitolas for decent prices. 
Picked up a box of Namakubi Tiburons for $112.  They are just about out of MC II's

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2017, 09:01:54 AM »

Holt's still has MCII, Daruma Gold and Uncle Lee for some of the lowest prices.
Prices inflated at JR.

sfish

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2017, 09:05:39 AM »

I think inventories have already been pretty reduced, so not sure if there will be any additional significant reductions (except by Famous  ::))  Guess I'm on my Atlantic rant, but they have a fair variety of blends and vitolas for decent prices. 
Picked up a box of Namakubi Tiburons for $112.  They are just about out of MC II's
They also offered Tiburons at like $80 at the end of last year, I requested email notification when they were back in stock...didn't pull the trigger then either

sfish

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2017, 09:06:45 AM »

Prices inflated at JR.
I'm stocked (at my level, not Tex's) on MCII's but never bought the Uncle Lee's

sfish

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2017, 09:07:50 AM »

Prices inflated at JR.
I still have Daruma Gold Roxxos in my CI cart "saved for later" but again, I don't have any room

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2017, 09:09:59 AM »

You can still find them in good supply at outer outlets. I picked up a box of the Papas in December (same Mash Deal) and this is the first week I've noticed them back... debating on getting another since they are rare appearances... and apparently could be discontinued. They are a great smoke.

Only 3 more in stock at Famous... there were 9 Monday.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12